EPL v/s IPL (Battle of The International egos)

which is your favourite

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStorm

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
just wanna say that 1/6 is dumb ass ;p..

hmmmmm

skater The Barclays Premier League (historically, I detest the term the 'EPL') is not as old as you make out. The 2008-09 season will be its 17th, having started in 1992/93. There are billions of followers, too, so much so 1 in 6 people in the world support Man Utd.
Today 10:20 PM
Noone said EPL sucks
its great
and no 1 in 6 is impossible
i can prove it
60,776,238 out of which only 70% understand soccer rest are little babies or non-fans
that leaves just 42.5million english viewers
according to THE INDEPENDENT
EPL is popular and AVAILABLE in 201 countries
with a global viewership of 160 million
OKAY
thats EPL

NOW OUR TURN
Population of INDIA
and almost 80% watch and understand cricket(inc women) coz CRICKET IS A RELIGION IN INDIA while soccer is just a sport popular in KERALA,BENGAL,GOA and some metros(coz of the eNglishization of the metro areas)
that means
in INDIA alone there about 90.3millions follwers of IPL
Its a fact
Check all record sources mate
and then speak and this is just the first year

unlike English county cricket thats just popular in england and nearby areas
sorry for that too

IPL will be the next big thing soon,
had INDIA been in its Golden Age(like it was 250 years b4 the looters set foot in here) IPL would have been the King,

I hate it when people start tagging INDIA as inferior to other nations
there is a reason why INDIA's progress was halted in the past
but now we are rising again

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Why do some Indians have this superiority complex that India should be ahead in the world?

TheStorm

Club Cricketer
Why do some Indians have this superiority complex that India should be ahead in the world?

Why do most of the english have an superiority complex that they are the foremost in the world

AND dont get too racial
result will be bad for all of us who will make racist remarks
its better to just keep the racist mind shut otherwise there are too many INDIANS all over the world and then noone shall be able to step back once we begin(its our tolerance and patience that has let others to race ahead)

IPL ROCKS
EPL is okay
Everyone has an opinion and figures speak

TheStorm

Club Cricketer
Where on earth was the racism in that comment?

I said
"dont get too racial"
just trying to remind everyone
thats all
RACISM is bad

read again mate
the way it stared with guyz mentioning INDIANS,PAKISTANINS and then ENGLISH etc
dont use it for Mockery like some people do
every country deserves its respect

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The BPL is not just "ok". It is the single most popular annual sporting event in the world.

TheStorm

Club Cricketer
I think Spanish Premier League is has more global fan following than BPL
coz here I have seen people cheering for real madrid rather than for Man U
anyway I am not into soccer
thats y IPL ROCKS
CRICKET ROCKS

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That isn't true. Nothing more to say. La Liga is nowhere near as popular as the BPL.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
It might be an opinion to the ignorant. I love cricket and football both, but I think its pretty obvious which is a better sport, both to play and watch.

Well, it's not obvious to me quite a few others. I like watching football but it's obvious as to which sport gets me more fired up because I'm supporting my own country.

Okay, I think it's fairly obvious where this is going. The Indians like the IPL but not the EPL (mostly), the English hate the IPL and love the EPL and pretty much everyone is still bemused as to why WWE was brought into this.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
How someone can say that the La Liga has a more global fan following than the BPL is just well mind blowing. To be honest I can see the Bundesliga taking over the La Liga on global following very soon.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
In terms of revenue the Bundesliga is a fair way ahead of la liga, it's very global. What the Bundesliga has to do his just improve the qualify of player they get in, whether that be robbing kids like all the big clubs do or just investing money back into transfer budgets.

To compare the IPL with the Premiership is a bit silly. Cricket isn't that big. IPLs opening games viewing figures in India were 12 million apparently, I found that mazingly low although they estimated the number of people watching i would have been a fair bit higher because of more people to a telly. To compare that with premiership football where they get whats estimated as a billion people watching, (although the stats aren't the same again) is a bit silly.

also people shouldn't criticise setanta as far as IPL goes, it was actually better than they thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I think Spanish Premier League is has more global fan following than BPL
coz here I have seen people cheering for real madrid rather than for Man U
anyway I am not into soccer
thats y IPL ROCKS
CRICKET ROCKS

First of all its not called the Spanish Premier League. It used to be called the Primera Liga or La Liga until last season and now will be called Liga BBVA.

And the EPL is more popular than Liga BBVA but I can assure you the latter is much more closely followed in Spain (obviously), Italy, South America, Mexico, Nothern African countries and the Middle East (including here in the UAE). The Spanish and Italian games come with Arabic commentary as well for the locals here. Dubai has the 6th largest Real Madrid and 3rd largest Barcelona fan club in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread