Feedback Broken / Bowling Strategy

bp3000

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It struck me, that one of the things I really find frustruting about this and most cricket games is the lack of feedback around bowling strategy. It is hard to tell what makes a difference in the game and what is over thinking, and the lack of feedback means that you end up wondering how much of the game is just throwing a ball up over after over till the randomiser gives you a wicket. I rarely get the feeling that I have the batsman under my thumb.

The commentary would seem a good place to give the player feedback. It would seem to make an attempt but when I bowl almost wides and they commend me on a bamboozling delivery and another delivery gets an edge through slips and get told to bowl a different line, the commentary looses credibility.

Lately I've been struggling with legspin so I set up a game to bowl back to back leg spin. After bowling 50 overs I'm no clearer what is a good strategy. Usually I try to surprise the batsman by bowling at least 3 deliveries and then a different one. Bowling low spin then a big one. Bowling full and then a short one. Bowling leg spin then a googly or a topspin bowling flight and then bounce. None the wiser what the game wants me to do.

With pace it seems pretty consistent if I just aim for top of off stump something is going to happen largely regardless of any variation. I do throw in the occassional change in swing just in case. Spin just doesn't seem to follow the same rules.

Users who are viewing this thread