UFC 2009 Undisputed

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Wikipedia said:
UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts video game featuring Ultimate Fighting Championship properties and fighters currently in development by Yuke's Osaka and to be published by THQ. The game is slated to be released on May 19, 2009 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is the first game to be released under THQ's 2007 agreement with the UFC, and it is to be the first UFC game released since UFC: Sudden Impact in 2004. A playable demo of UFC 2009 has been released onto Xbox Live and Playstation Network as of April 23rd, 2009.

The Roster:

Heavyweight
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Brock Lesnar
Frank Mir
Brandon Vera
Gabriel Gonzaga
Cain Velasquez
Cheick Kongo
Eddie Sanchez
Heath Herring
Andrei Arlovski
Mirko Crocop
Fabricio Werdum
Tim Sylvia
Mark Coleman
Antoni Hardonk
Justin McCully

Light Heavyweight
Chuck Liddell
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Forrest Griffin
Tito Ortiz
Keith Jardine
Wanderlei Silva
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Stephan Bonnar
James Irvin
Wilson Gouveia
Houston Alexander
Kazuhiro Nakamura
Thiago Silva
Tim Boetsch
Brandon Vera
Anderson Silva
Michael Bisping
Dan Henderson
Rich Franklin
Ryan Bader (Available through downloadable content)

Middleweight
Anderson Silva
Rich Franklin
Dan Henderson
Michael Bisping
Kendall Grove
Chris Leben
Jason MacDonald
Nate Marquardt
Drew McFedries
Ricardo Almeida
Evan Tanner
Yushin Okami
Demian Maia
Martin Kampmann
Amir Sadollah
Thales Leites
Wilson Gouveia
Mike Swick

Welterweight
Georges St. Pierre
Matt Hughes
Matt Serra
Jon Fitch
Karo Parisyan
Josh Koscheck
Diego Sanchez
Mike Swick
Marcus Davis
Thiago Alves
Chris Lytle
Ben Saunders
Josh Burkman
Kyle Bradley
Matt Arroyo
Anthony Johnson
Amir Sadollah
Martin Kampmann
BJ Penn
Sean Sherk

Lightweight
BJ Penn
Sean Sherk
Kenny Florian
Roger Huerta
Joe Stevenson
Mac Danzig
Nathan Diaz
Spencer Fisher
Tyson Griffin
Gray Maynard
Thiago Tavares
Joe Lauzon
Rich Clementi
Mark Bocek
Hermes Franca
Frank Edgar
Matt Serra
Efrain Escudero (Available through downloadable content)

Non-Playable Characters

Dana White
Mike Goldberg
Joe Rogan
Arianny Celeste
Edith Larente
Greg Jackson
Eddie Bravo
Bruce Buffer

I've had the demo for about a week now, and I have to say, it's the greatest fighting game I've ever played. The demo allows you to play as either Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell or Mauricio Shogun Rua in a full three 5 minute round fight. The controls are superb, with all the different fighting styles there. Chuck's stand up game is incredibly strong, with him having incredibly strong punches, whereas Shogun has the ability to use the Muay Thai clinches, and is more clinical with his submissions.

The ground game is superbly implemented, with transitions being achieved with simple movements of the analogue stick. Loads of submissions are there as well, I've managed to pull off a Kimura and a choke on Liddell, but have also tried to pull off a number of other various submissions unsuccessfully.

The best part of the game is the flash knockouts, they just make the game so realistic. In a few of my fights, playing as Shogun, I have been dominating Chuck. Getting him on the ground, eventually working into a full mount or into side control and dominating him on the ground, as well as using vicious kicks and a few punches when standing up. But then late into the fight Chuck just explodes with a superman punch and knocks me clean out, one punch. Was awesome.

I've found the game quite easy since I've got used to it, so hope that there are higher difficulties on the full game, but as a first impression it's superb. The fights haven't been all 1 way traffic in my favour either. In 1 fight as Chuck I was completely dominated by Shogun, before he took me down, worked himself into a full mount and then just ground and pounded me until eventually knocking me out. Was as emphatic a loss as I've experienced, well, apart from being knocked out in under 20 seconds playing as Shogun. Chuck just clean knocked me out with an overhand right, was superb.

I just can't wait for the release date now, going to be such a good game. Especially with the career mode, working your way through the Ultimate Fighter and then into a UFC career. Can't wait to get my hands on the full version, going to be playing it constantly for weeks, can tell. Roll on May 22nd.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah the demo's well good but it's also well easy. I'll deffo be buying it but I stick to my guns in that I think FNR4 will be better.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeah the demo's well good but it's also well easy. I'll deffo be buying it but I stick to my guns in that I think FNR4 will be better.

Hmm, depends what sport you prefer I think. Personally I'm not a big boxing fan, but love UFC and MMA in general, so will probably find UFC far more enjoyable. It is easy though I'll agree with that, only if you stick to stand-up though, if you try to get into the Muay Thai clinch or take things to the ground to get a submission it becomes more challenging and more fun. Hopefully the full game'll be a little more of a challenge standing up.

Arlovski, Cro Cop and Sylvia??

Yeh, not sure about that either. Not entirely sure why Arlovski, Cro Cop, Sylvia and Ortiz are in the game, and think that Couture should have been in the game, but he could be in the game as a secret unlockable fighter, alongisde Royce Gracie and possibly Ken Shamrock, it's certainly been rumoured anyway. Suppose the more fighters in the game, the better though. There's a game mode called "classic fights" as well, so I guess that's where Arlovski, Cro Cop, Sylvia and Ortiz will come in use.

khan31

International Coach
Played the demo about 30 times. It is proper good. Liddell is over-rated in this game, have they forgetten he's near enough 40? Loving the quick-paced action, great graphics, varied gameplay (strikes,counters,takewdowns,submissions etc). The fights never play out the same either which is good. I was once dominating my mate with Rua only to get KOd by a spinning right fist to the temple! Should get a 8/10 or 9/10 if the career mode and create a fighter are good. Doubt it will be better than fight night 4 but does show us all how slow fight night 3 really was. It will be pretty sad if a UFC game puts a boxing game to shame in the punching department.

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
I never fan of UFC but last night i did download the demo and it is so wicked. I am really hooked it !!! The graphic and fight look real. When fighter punch then other fighter fell doen and beat up, this is a superb. This better UCF than WWE. One question there had Matt Hamill ?

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
You can up the difficulty in the options section of the demo. This has got to be the most I've ever played a demo. It's just wonderful. One of the best moments was when Shogun went for a takedown and I knocked him out with a knee to the face before he could take me down. Three words. Absolutely F-ing Epic. Can't wait for the full game a very eclectic roster just some rather iffy leave outs really (such as Matt Hamill). Will be buying this in my birthday on the 31st I reckon.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Ah good shout that, will up the difficulty and give it another go later :D

As for the roster. There are some unconfirmed unlockable fighters, so it's possible that Hamill could be part of that. It's also rumoured that Couture, Gracie and Shamrock will be part of those unlockable fighters. Hoping Shamrock's in there for sure, especially with Tito Ortiz on the roster, be great to relive some of their old battles.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Wow! This demo is amazing. The gameplay and graphics are both fantastic. So life-like. I suck at the game at the moment but I'm still hooked. I just get worn down too early and then get a KO lol.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
On the higher difficulties you really have to watch Shogun with the takedowns as if he can get you into the full mount position the game is pretty much over as he just hammerfists you to death. He tries to take you down non stop so keep your distance and use kicks and punches. Presentation is brilliant and so is the gameplay really. It seems like THQ and Yukes have finnaly made a half decent fighting game after the pretty poor SVR series.

Had another epic knockout Shogun went for the flying knee and I hit the Spinning back fist. Connected when he was mid-air went down like a sack of spuds. looked absolutely sick. Could be game of the year. It has taken a long time for someone to make a decent UFC game though.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah Dan my record so far is 8-0-0 and I love the game. Had a close run thing in my last fight though as Mike (i think it was mike anyway) Jardine proper smacked me with a right hand and sent my fella flying and into the 'omfgimalmostknockedout' state but I just backed off to recover and then absolutely smacked his face in with a counter elbow. He went down like Newcastle.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
There is one man the roster is lacking. Whoever wrote his name outside the shop in NY Dana White was in is an absolute legend. :D

I've been playing with some mates tonight, it's a class game although the random knockouts can get frustrating. The career mode is a bit dissapointing. After you become champion it's all about just making your fighter better which gets repetitive. Rosters a little small too so it's just all big names on the events which is annoying. For a first outing it's not bad though. The actual gameplay is the important bit and that's where it really stand up. Top stuff although subs are a little too difficult whilst KO's are too easy with head kicks imo but apart from that it's quality.

Fedor 21-0 heavyweight champ is the fighter I made :D Online I'm 2-5, dived straight into it and paid the price although there was an absolute robbery in there, and 1 jammy bastard I had on queer street so he thought bugger it, threw a leg kick and sparked me which nearly sent my controller through the telly. :D BJ is my fave by far in game.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I just can't beat the submission guys. I hate all this gay rolling about on the floor stuff; just use your fists and feet instead you girl! Man I can't wait for Fight Night now.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
There's more than 1 man that the roster's lacking. Royce Gracie, Randy Couture, and considering the Classic Fight's game mode, I'd have liked to have seen Shamrock and Severn, especially considering Tito Ortiz is on the game. Reliving Shamrock-Ortiz would have been awesome.

That's one heck of a record Matt, what difficulty are you playing it on?

It's Keith Jardine as well btw (Y).

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
The second one Dan. Although i'm regretting it now. I'm going for the 'No Touch' achievement so I have to win all of my matches lol. I'm now on 11-0 but i'm playing some absolute beast of a submission guy (sorry, name escapes me. Wilson G-something) and every time he gets me on the floor i'm pretty much beaten so I have to go back to dashboard and load it up again.

Users who are viewing this thread