Twenty20 World Cup 2009 Group C

I was thinking Warner wouldn't open. If I knew he would open I would have taken him. I actually replaced Bravo with someone, because of his poor form in the warm-up matches. I saw Fletcher was performing a bit, but I didn't know who to replace him. But the baddest thing I've done is including Ponting in my side after I saw he got a fifty in the warm-up matches.

My team was loaded with Australian players, so after the update I won't come up high.

ZexyZahid added 3 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

I knew WestIndian would take Gayle as captain. He even doesn't have Watson and Ponting in his team, who both grabbed ducks. World Champions has Ponting has his captain.

I didn't omit Symonds from my team.████!!!
My all other players score today and the bad luck that I was having him as a captain.
:crying:crying:crying:crying

I have Gayle as captain.. but I have those players who got ducks! :rolleyes: That will ruin my team. But oh wait.. I have Warner and Aussie bowlers who got those 3 WI wickets too. ;)

so you have some bad luck,but just today.I have bad luck for whole tournament.

Standing after the 1st match in Group C: http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/engine/current/match/355993.html

Congratulations to the top 3, thus far.

1 crazyrahul 360
2 shanewarne 352
3 Ashnal 342

4 hussainisgr8 336
5 Karachi Xpress 330
6 ali_ed2001 317
7 MacLovin 317
8 vivekdarji 301
9 WestIndian 301
10 Prakash 296
11 zub2005 287
12 Juggler 282
13 deerkick 277
14 surendar 273
15 sanjogmaiti 270
16 superstars 264
17 WORLD CHAMPIONS 262
18 Abhas 254
19 amit309 252
20 vaibhav mehta 249
21 send2yaari 247
22 jimmy_chem 244
23 aussie1st 234
24 scion_sid 211
25 shantanu_rooney 206
26 nuffa 203
27 fahad12001 190
28 Akash00 186
29 ZexyZahid 182
30 pavanbharadwaj 180
31 Aussiebushrange 179
32 irottev 170
33 MahTayYew 145
34 whitehornmatt 143
35 Gazelle 137
36 NicksWorld 103
37 icyman 7

Last edited:
i had gayle as my captain woohoo. lee failed for me but the worst was the minus 30 from the aussie skipper.

I saw Fletcher was performing a bit, but I didn't know who to replace him. But the baddest thing I've done is including Ponting in my side after I saw he got a fifty in the warm-up matches.

I was thinking the same but couldn't fit him in either. And being an Aussie fan I couldn't leave out Watson or Ponting.

I didn't expect this. World Champion got Ponting as captain and is still higher then me. Although he has Warner. A bit strange thing happens when you click on World Champion's team: it doesn't show his points.

On Monday Australia really need to fire.

ZexyZahid added 5 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

The current number 2 and 3 have only Australian and West Indian players. The number 4 has only one Sri Lankan player. Number 5 has 4 Sri Lankan players. I expect him to be higher after the next match.

Strange things are happening: if you click on Karachi Xpress's team you'll see 330 points. But if you click his team 224 points stands. I checked and it seems he didn't withdraw Andrew Symonds. He got extra 106 points of the highest scorer: Chris Gayle.

ZexyZahid; said:
Strange things are happening: if you click on Karachi Xpress's team you'll see 330 points. But if you click his team 224 points stands. I checked and it seems he didn't withdraw Andrew Symonds. He got extra 106 points of the highest scorer: Chris Gayle.

Yes I checked it myself, he tally 224, but for some strange reason he is showing 330, how can that be??? But even more strange is that he is only showing 10 players.

WC does not show a total line, however when I manually adds his score it tally 262

Last edited:
my skipper was Malinga, but after WU matches, seeing Mitch. i change it.

i see ZZ and Me have pretty similer team!

MacLovin added 6 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

I was thinking Warner wouldn't open. If I knew he would open I would have taken him. I saw Fletcher was performing a bit, but I didn't know who to replace him.
same here man, for both cases, Warner and Fletcher. i thought Warner wont get a chance to play, B/c Haddin and Watson did well the other day.

and i wanted to take Fletcher, but couldnt fit him in my team either.

Yes I checked it myself, he tally 224, but for some strange reason he is showing 330, how can that be??? But even more strange is that he is only showing 10 players.

WC does not show a total line, however when I manually adds his score it tally 262

if you guys havnt noticed, same thing happened in Eng, Scott, Pak group. (dont know if its B or D)

am sitting 11 with 4 sri lankan players still to perform

my skipper was Malinga, but after WU matches, seeing Mitch. i change it.

Believe it or not, I had actually Malinga as captain. I saw his performances on the IPL. But he didn't perform in the warmp-up matches and Johnson did, so I changed him as well.

Jeez ! Look at my score.

I must have set a record. :p

Some people actually got - points.

Wow what an inning by Warner, man guys that got him in their team must be over the moon:banana2

It was a nice duck of him. Too bad he took that catch.

Users who are viewing this thread