5th ODI: Australia v England at Brisbane

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Johnson is back most likely taking Hastings spot. Should be one for the bowlers if the last few matches at the Gabba are to go by. Will be another test for the Aussie batsmen on the bowler friendly pitches.

Hard to see England making any changes.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I'd like to see either Lee or Bollinger get a rest and keep Hastings in there. We'll see how keen Australia are to play their 'best' XI.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I wouldn't mind seeing that, it would be good seeing how Hastings goes on a more helpful deck. Still did well last match apart from his final spell and same can be said about Bollinger.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Speed gun error alert: Finn just clocked 149.2..

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The usual from Haddin what makes it worse is his strike rate wasn't even that great for the shots he was trying.

----------

If the boos from the crowd don't get you up I don't know what will.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
The usual from Haddin what makes it worse is his strike rate wasn't even that great for the shots he was trying.

----------

If the boos from the crowd don't get you up I don't know what will.

Geez has everyone lost interest in this series? Not many posts...:)

But onto Haddin. I'm looking at his wagon wheel and he only managed to to work 2 singles into that huge gap on the on-side in that whole innings. There's his problem. It wasn't as though the bowling was outside off either. Shahzad was almost exclusively straight and there wasn't much to flay through the off from the other bowlers either. Haddin's leg side game is just awful right now. If his on side game was on song he wouldn't have to keep backing away to score, and if he scored more singles he wouldn't be feeling so much pressure to score.

And it's going to be a spinner free zone today - interesting. No Doherty, no Yardy, no Tredwell. Steve Smith will be the best spinner on show, but what's the bet Dave Hussey bowls more overs than Smith?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
But onto Haddin. I'm looking at his wagon wheel and he only managed to to work 2 singles into that huge gap on the on-side in that whole innings. There's his problem. It wasn't as though the bowling was outside off either. Shahzad was almost exclusively straight and there wasn't much to flay through the off from the other bowlers either. Haddin's leg side game is just awful right now. If his on side game was on song he wouldn't have to keep backing away to score, and if he scored more singles he wouldn't be feeling so much pressure to score.

Totally agree. This has been my main complaint with Haddin as an opener excluding the brain explosions which is a whole different kettle. Marsh also has the same problem in getting singles to keep the scoreboard ticking.

----------

Geez Marsh has been average at 3.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I said this alot during the test series, only to be stunned haa. If ENG quicks can have AUS 113/4 on this pitch, i would expect AUS quicks to do the same, so no worries yet IMO.

midgetwars

Club Captain
I figured out the role of smith in tests...

The North Role.

Crap Batting but sometimes decent score and rare bowler.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Shahzad looks like he has an injury and Johnson is making him pay. Obviously we need quick runs here.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Unless Tremlett is injured, its pretty dumb that he has been left out for Finn who really is not suited to bowling in limited overs cricket.

----------

Haa i cant remember the last time i saw a ODI inning where every batsman got a stars & then threw it away (except for White) SMH :facepalm

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Only good thing we saw from Finn was his pace.
6 fer for Woakes can only think of one good delivery to White, rest were gifts but still good on him.

Users who are viewing this thread