General Cricket Discussion

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Aussies attempted an easier one in the Big Bash but failed. Smith did one earlier in the season to himself and made it look so easy.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Although he is not a batsman, and whenever he bats he isn't bad at all (has a test ton and also a 21 ball half century), this video is a must watch. I felt bad for Agarkar but the video made me laugh too.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Although he is not a batsman, and whenever he bats he isn't bad at all (has a test ton and also a 21 ball half century), this video is a must watch. I felt bad for Agarkar but the video made me laugh too.

Amazing. "Atleast hes consistent"

Last edited by a moderator:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes that's what the commentator said at the end of the video! :)

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Anyone read about the kid in Bangladesh killed by an umpire?

Yes, I did. Umpire killed a spectator with a bat over the debate on a decision given in the middle. I wonder what the officials/security were doing then? All said and done, how can an umpire react in such a way. That guy deserves to be kept in prison for some good long years to get his mind right.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Yes, I did. Umpire killed a spectator with a bat over the debate on a decision given in the middle. I wonder what the officials/security were doing then? All said and done, how can an umpire react in such a way. That guy deserves to be kept in prison for some good long years to get his mind right.

In accordance with BCCI logic, I assert that the system of on-field umpires must be declared a failure. We must return to the good old days of backyard/street cricket, where the owner of the bat, ball and stumps made all the umpiring decisions. Then, in the face of significant dissension, they can always take their equipment and go home, in the time-honoured tradition (known as dummy-spitting) that the BCCI continues to uphold so assiduously.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The whole thing is just crazy, but I keep thinking the real lesson might be in the seriousness of brain injuries. I mean, it's a growing talking point in contact sports, where the old way of thinking might tell you to just be "tough" and get back on the field, but we're now learning about the long-term effects of that. This is just a classic worst-case example; seems okay and might not even have gotten immediate treatment; but then bam, gone the next day.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
In accordance with BCCI logic, I assert that the system of on-field umpires must be declared a failure. We must return to the good old days of backyard/street cricket, where the owner of the bat, ball and stumps made all the umpiring decisions. Then, in the face of significant dissension, they can always take their equipment and go home, in the time-honoured tradition (known as dummy-spitting) that the BCCI continues to uphold so assiduously.

It happened in Bangladesh and still somehow you managed to bring BCCI into the picture, wow!

6ry4nj

International Coach
It happened in Bangladesh and still somehow you managed to bring BCCI into the picture, wow!

(Correct! Until this stupid stance of theirs is overturned, too much BCCI ridicule is never enough!)

It matters not where it happened - the principles of BCCI wisdom are universal! If ever a system proves less than perfect, declare it a failure and regress to the system that preceded it.

If all goes to plan, we should be back in the Stone Age by teatime!

Users who are viewing this thread