English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That was not a penalty! Since Young moved to United, he's always looking for even that slight brush so he can fall over in the box. SCUMBAG :facepalm.
Chelsea drub Spurs 5-1, but the turning point was obviously THAT goal. The ref is in the best possible position to see that, he just guessed whether it was a goal or not. The MLS is using Goal Line Tech, why not us?

funny. even at villa I had him pegged as one of the biggest cheats in the league. it's just getting more coverage now he's at united.

sattar

Club Captain
You are saying small club..Didn't that small club beat u at ur home convincingly or smashed you :lol:)...and by the way i also admit that title is still over.but would love to finish on high to beat u again 6-1.And many are saying we are buying sucess or whatever.comeon we are lucky to have such owners.Lets be realistic which team in premier league would mind rich owners even u would welcome at ur club..Thats simply called jealousy

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You're right about one thing - you are lucky to have such owners. Without them, where would you be? Come what may, whatever happens, however much you win, people will always see you as the pauper at the party - the poor man who won the lottery and thinks he's high class just because he's got money.

You're wrong about one thing - jealous? Of City? I don't think so. Even without a penny to our name, Utd will always be a bigger club than City. For God's sake, until a few years ago, most people outside of England didn't even know Man City existed. They always said 'Manchester' - and they were referring to Utd.

You should be worried though. You've thrown all this money at your team, and you've still only got one extremely lucky FA Cup win to show for it. In the meantime, we're being handicapped by the Glazers - yet we still win, year in year out. What do you think will happen when Utd eventually get taken over, because it will happen sooner or later? The big difference is, Utd have a strong foundation. Where's your foundation?

In one sentence: enjoy your time in the sun - it won't last long.

And yes, you are buying (trying to buy I should say) success. Are you bringing four or five youth players through to form the backbone of your team? Nope. Your owners don't give a damn about English football - they just want success now and to hell with the future of the English game. Even now, Sir Alex is at it again with Evans (who is now shaping up into a Utd class defender) and Cleverly - who is showing immense promise.

You still haven't said how long you've been supporting City for...

----------

funny. even at villa I had him pegged as one of the biggest cheats in the league. it's just getting more coverage now he's at united.

Exactly. Move to Utd and a vast proportion of the fans and/or media will suddenly develop an extreme dislike for you. As you said though, Young was at it even when he was at Villa so it doesn't count as much in his case.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You are saying small club..Didn't that small club beat u at ur home convincingly or smashed you :lol:)...and by the way i also admit that title is still over.but would love to finish on high to beat u again 6-1.And many are saying we are buying sucess or whatever.comeon we are lucky to have such owners.Lets be realistic which team in premier league would mind rich owners even u would welcome at ur club..Thats simply called jealousy

Well, we've handed out enough floggings to your lot down the years. :p

Just like our 8-2 against Arsenal, the 6-1 was a freak result. It doesn't mean you're that much better than us I'm afraid - any less than we're that much better than Arsenal. ;)

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Exactly. Move to Utd and a vast proportion of the fans and/or media will suddenly develop an extreme dislike for you. As you said though, Young was at it even when he was at Villa so it doesn't count as much in his case.

I don't really think united can complain of a media bias.

Liverpool fans have been complaining about it a lot lately, saying it's full of united fans/ex players wanting to harm Liverpool and there is a media agenda against them.

If both liverpool and united fans think that there is a media agenda against them then overall there is probably a fairly reasonable balance

what it comes from is that united is a club with a bigger profile than villa. they are involved in more televised matches. moreover they are involved in more big matches at the top of the league table. which get more media coverage because of the magnitude of the game.

People weren't talking about the united villa game because of villa's hope to scrape midtable and attempt to stave off the relegation battle, were they?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Liverpool fans whinge about everything. Also there's a pro-Liverpool bias in the media because most the pundits played for them.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Liverpool fans whinge about everything. Also there's a pro-Liverpool bias in the media because most the pundits played for them.

football fans on the whole whinge about everything.

maybe liverpool fans are the worst at it. Maybe not.

yeh there does seem to be a large amount of ex-liverpool in the media. But i think most of them are reasonably fair. When phil thompson is on soccer saturday you can tell he loves liverpool and despises united and everton. but he still says fair things. I find it funny to watch him praise an everton performance while he visibly squirms. you can clearly tell what gary neville's allegiances are on monday night football. but he's still one of the best pundits in the business. even liverpool fans are beginning to see that.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I reckon part of the issue is that the pundits tend to come from the successful teams so Liverpool from the 80s and Utd from the 90s and 2000s.
Why Sky aren't hiring Dave Watson and Neville Southall I don't know.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I reckon part of the issue is that the pundits tend to come from the successful teams so Liverpool from the 80s and Utd from the 90s and 2000s.
Why Sky aren't hiring Dave Watson and Neville Southall I don't know.

Dave watson has still been involved in football for large periods (briefly managed tranmere iirc and does a lot of coaching)

as for southall well I just assume they don't have a big enough furniture budge for a reinforced chair.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
you can clearly tell what gary neville's allegiances are on monday night football. but he's still one of the best pundits in the business. even liverpool fans are beginning to see that.

Agreed - I hope they chuck Alan Smith and replace him with Neville for the next Fifa game.

You're right though - football fans are really excellent when it comes to whinging. ;)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Don't think these 2 words should ever be used together.

Henderson is one of the worst young players i have ever seen, i really mean that.

Worst signing of the season by a mile,, he should be in the championship,, not prem quality..

Indeed after seeing him in the england under-21 championship and last season for sunderland, i really dont know what liverpool saw in him that made them buy him.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Must be some sort of joke that Oxlade-Chamberlain's been nominated over Szczesny for PFA Young Player of the Year.

RVP to win the main award and Welbeck for the young award.

sattar

Club Captain
Well Steve first correct your info mate..So we are buying players what wrong in it..even your club has also buy thats why you are in debt..berbetov.rooney.de gea..young..valencia...anderson..did their previous club sold to u free?????so buddy every one spent money now not only city... look chelsea madrid just to name few..but i would admire barca they are producing through youth ranks some class players..

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Err. No it isn't the reason why.

who is this steve guy whose club is going around recklessly spending money they haven't earned?

----------

Must be some sort of joke that Oxlade-Chamberlain's been nominated over Szczesny for PFA Young Player of the Year.

RVP to win the main award and Welbeck for the young award.

am i the only person who thinks van persie comes across as a bit of a tool?

the whole to do with tim krul the other week. refusing the shake caldwell's hand last night.

Quality player undoubtedly but he doesn't seem likeable at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread