Tue Jan 22
12:30 GMT | 14:30 local
01:30 NZDT +1d 2nd ODI - South Africa v New Zealand
De Beers Diamond Oval, Kimberley

Fri Jan 25
12:30 GMT | 14:30 local
01:30 NZDT +1d 3rd ODI - South Africa v New Zealand
Senwes Park, Potchefstroom

The treatment of Taylor has been terrible. For those who haven't heard he's been sacked as captain in all three forms and as a response has decided to sit out the tour. New Zealand Cricket News: Ross Taylor sacked as New Zealand captain | ESPN Cricinfo

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Bit of a farce isn't it. I remember the umming and ahhing that came with the original Taylor vs McCullum decision, and now they want to change their minds...And straight off the back of a pretty good win in that 2nd Test in SL. Overall the year hasn't been great, but you'd think Taylor deserved a chance to build on that win.

Must come down to the coach not liking him, or the dressing room not respecting him/preferring McCullum behind his back. Makes a good case for the new coach = new captain argument which I think is the best way to do it - all the changes at once, rather than chopping and changing.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This whole thing has just been a kerplucken joke. If you want to run a sporting organisation properly, then you just have to do the opposite to everything that NZC does. Good on Taylor, he doesn't need this ----, he's got better things to do than be halfway across the world with these jokers.

McCullum is pretty much the last person who I'd want captaining us, there's just an old boys network between him and Hesson, and lets be honest, what the hell has Hesson even done as a coach. McCullum doesn't give a ---- about playing for New Zealand, is all he cares about is big bucks. Give him the bloody gloves, and if he's got a sore back then give him a kerplucken tissue and tell him to get on with it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Damn why is that that countries like new zealand, windies, pakistan & sri lanka always have these weird controversies with their leading players. You really don't see stuff like this happening with australia, england, south africa & india.

So now NZ dont have their two best batsmen for an extended period.

miggo97

School Cricketer
England did have one with Kevin Pietersen but it was sorted out very quickly unlike the one with the West Indies with Chris Gayle it took them a lot longer.

But surely they have to have Ross Taylor in the side no doubt. I know there is a problem with the relationship but they need to sort it out as soon as possible so they can have a decent side because they are not the best team in the world but without Taylor they wont be performing very well in all three forms.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Lost all respect I had for McCullum. This is atrocious! Apparently, they told Ross just before the SL series that he would be getting the sack. Credit to the man as it puts his recent performances at even a greater height :thumbs

Guess Warne was right about Buchanan. What a waste of space. Didn't he also champion the sh!tless hack Hesson to replace Wright?

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nah apparently Buchanan has been completely sidelined and it's all White and Hesson doing everything. Buchanan recommended Taylor remain captain apparently.

spooony

Club Captain
This is a home series and we are to honest with our pitches. The curators do their own thing and do not prepare them to the liking of our teams setup. That is probably one reason we are doing better away from home. But we do love a fair contest and do not want to win because we neutralize teams by just creating a pitch that their attack will be less potent on.

NZ always play above themselves playing against SA but the lack of big scoring batsman is a bit of a worry for them

ferg512

International Coach
This whole thing has just been a kerplucken joke. If you want to run a sporting organisation properly, then you just have to do the opposite to everything that NZC does. Good on Taylor, he doesn't need this ----, he's got better things to do than be halfway across the world with these jokers.

McCullum is pretty much the last person who I'd want captaining us, there's just an old boys network between him and Hesson, and lets be honest, what the hell has Hesson even done as a coach. McCullum doesn't give a ---- about playing for New Zealand, is all he cares about is big bucks. Give him the bloody gloves, and if he's got a sore back then give him a kerplucken tissue and tell him to get on with it.

God I am sick to death of Brendon McCullum I just can't take it anymore. Listening to him on the radio now I find it very hard to believe he had nothing at all to do with this despite what he says. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope they get thrashed by SA (probably will anyway) I just can't support this team with all that is going on. Taylor should just play IPL, BBL or something, that team does not deserve him its as simple as that.

Taylors radio interview was incredible btw, completely upfront and honest about everything, very refreshing to hear after the cliched crap we have had to endure from Hesson and White the last few days.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
England did have one with Kevin Pietersen but it was sorted out very quickly unlike the one with the West Indies with Chris Gayle it took them a lot longer.

Yea the KP England situation was the only sort of player controversy that occurred with the so called "financially" strong top 4 nations in recent years.

But damn i am very sorry for the kiwis here. I always say its always better for world cricket, if we can have the main 8 nations playing competitively. But if NZ are going to be without taylor & ryder for an extended period, this just messes them up.

Guptil, McCullum, Williamson, Taylor, Ryder, Flynn/Franklin Watling, Vettori, Bracewell, Southee, bolt

Such a full-strength test team is very capable of being a threat in conditions were the fast-bowlers get pitch assistance, with a batting line-up solid enough to do well vs good test attacks.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Why was Hesson made coach in the first place? It's not like he was setting the world aside by making Kenya world beaters. Wright was a doing a pretty decent job.

ferg512

International Coach
Why was Hesson made coach in the first place? It's not like he was setting the world aside by making Kenya world beaters. Wright was a doing a pretty decent job.

From what I understand to make McCullum the captain. Its incredibly fishy when you see that Fleming (McCullums manager) was on the board that appointed Hesson and now look at whats happened.

spooony

Club Captain
Yea the KP England situation was the only sort of player controversy that occurred with the so called "financially" strong top 4 nations in recent years.

But damn i am very sorry for the kiwis here. I always say its always better for world cricket, if we can have the main 8 nations playing competitively. But if NZ are going to be without taylor & ryder for an extended period, this just messes them up.

Guptil, McCullum, Williamson, Taylor, Ryder, Flynn/Franklin Watling, Vettori, Bracewell, Southee, bolt

Such a full-strength test team is very capable of being a threat in conditions were the fast-bowlers get pitch assistance, with a batting line-up solid enough to do well vs good test attacks.

Problem is the NZ batsman do not make huge scores which is sometimes the key to success in test cricket. No one getting double tons.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I feel sad for the Kiwis they are already behind Bangladesh in ICC Rankings next target get out of top 10 and i don't think so Brendon will be a good captain for them

spooony

Club Captain
Who knew this

South Africa has clearly been the most bowler-friendly country over the last few years: since the beginning of 2004, the batting average in South Africa is 30.07, the lowest among all countries

Users who are viewing this thread