Racism by EA

Ashish_Nehra

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
why the hell they not made correct faces for asians, but all correct for Aus,Eng,Saf,etc?

they not even found sachin worth it

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
True Faces

Thats true they havnt given correct faces to asian players and that is i think due to release date of the game, EA are always in hurry to release games, but why dont they take some time to correct all features of the games like Indian Faces.

Top Score

School Cricketer
I think its more to do with licences than anything else. The kiwi, aussie, SA and English faces are spot on, where the other 6 nations aren't. Plus the game is only licenced by CA, ECB, NZC and South African Cricket.

Ashish_Nehra

Club Cricketer
Did c2k4 had BCCI,PCB,SC licenses? why they had sachin,waqar,etc?

the worst thing is that they did not even allow possibility to get correct faces for all asian players, some players have to share faces
i downloaded the great India face pack by Rahul, but veeru and irfan always look same

Matthew Hayden

School Cricketer
It isn't racism. Cricket 2004 had those faces because the game only had like 25 faces in the whole game. And also all they are is just photos stuck on to the players face. They are a lot easier to make than having to make each invidual face with all the polygons and such. So they just used simple faces for multiple players to use. And they made individual faces for the countries that this game is licensed in as Top Score mentioned before. Otherwise they would have other people looking like Sachin Tendulkar, etc. If they went through and made individual faces for all the players from every team then i'd be expecting this game to come out this time next year. Be grateful the gameplay is good. Faces don't really matter honestly.

Ste

Executive member
Also even if EA had the BCCI, Sri Lankian Board and Pakistan board licences they still may not be able to use real faces as these boards may not have the image rights for the players. I imagine Sachin owns his own image rights as proberbly do many others and that would mean EA would need to get a licence for each of these players indivually to use real faces.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Not racism but economics. Although I have no hard evidence for this, I would make this suggestion: the major markets where EA perceives profit can be made from their cricket games is in The UK, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. India and Pakistan, while having potentially the biggest market have both copyright issues (something I keep reading on these forums) as well as low consumption rates/unit sales combined with low pricing (compared to the other countries mentioned). Official licensing costs a huge amount of money and to do so for the subcontinent teams represents a poor investment given the potential return. I'd be interested to here an Indian/Pakistani point of view on the validity of these assumptions.

Ste

Executive member
Burma's Finest said:
Not racism but economics. Although I have no hard evidence for this, I would make this suggestion: the major markets where EA perceives profit can be made from their cricket games is in The UK, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. India and Pakistan, while having potentially the biggest market have both copyright issues (something I keep reading on these forums) as well as low consumption rates/unit sales combined with low pricing (compared to the other countries mentioned).

But you could also say that in the UK, Australia and SA perhaps about 30% of people who will buy Cricket games will be from India/Pakistan or have parents from these places so could be a supporter of India and Pakistan therefore meaning they would want the teams properly in the game.

Ste

sid_19840

International Coach
I agree ,EA shd have probably tried to make atleast default faces for Indian and Pakistani players due to the amount of buyers here.ALso what I cant understand is why EA cant get the licenses for these player's when they seemed to have done so in c2004(atleast the Asian players were default faces which suit them better).

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
ya, i presume, getting the license from UK, Australia, etc is more profitable than getting it from Asian countries. Although there MAY be equal numbers of buyers over here too, but the piracy thing may have hampered EA's hope for covering all the players from around the world.

just a thought.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Ste said:
But you could also say that in the UK, Australia and SA perhaps about 30% of people who will buy Cricket games will be from India/Pakistan or have parents from these places so could be a supporter of India and Pakistan therefore meaning they would want the teams properly in the game.

Ste
yeh just like me .... :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... i would like kits and faces of paki team without any1 making it here .. cant ea get licence from pcb .... and if pcb doesent give them it just f*** it and ask me ;) ....

Ramz

International Coach
^^^ lol!! im sure the face makers here on planet cricket will make the proper faces :) lets hope EA Cricket2006 has the proper faces .. but i doubt it

Users who are viewing this thread