Ashes Cricket delayed until November

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
plus there is no career mode and without career mode the game will get boring after a while.
Every sports game has career mode now.

Or good online play, which requires both a stable setup, online saving (for cricket matches) and a big community. I'm not sure if Ashes will have all 3. If it did, then it could stay fun for a while. The AFL Live online community hung around for a while and is probably still going, and that game didn't have a career mode.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not surprised, this whole game has been damned from the minute Big Ant started developing. All of a sudden there was pressure and they couldn't handle it.

balkeet

International Coach
By november ba cricket will be a big hit and then again 505 games will have a look at ac13 and say "oh,our game is not good enough, we will come back for next ashes"

StormySteve

Club Captain
Guessing you did not see the newest screenshots and video of BAC14 then? Not actual gameplay but footage from the game was shown in a 20 second video that included 4-5 shots.

On both games I'm talking actual gameplay, have we seen any in game footage?...No!! BAC14 does look the business and with all it's features "should" beat AC2013 hands down, but if it plays awful.. all you have is a load of pretty pictures, look what happened to AC2009 until it got patched ;)

AC2013, haven't seen nothing from that game yet either to suggest positive or negative although the auto fielding is really a step back :facepalm

Still wait and see :thumbs

Steve S.

----------

Check this out...
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...general-discussion-81753-274.html#post2560847

Pls show us anything AC13 related remotely close to what's there in the link I posted.

First I've seen of this, the animations look really impressive!! maybe first blood to BAC14 then :clap

I will still buy both games as I love my cricket games and I like to support the developers!!

Steve S.

----------

I tend to agree with you. Big Ant did the same with their Rugby League Live 2 game - looks beautiful in the screen shots and videos but in game its very jagged and the controls are pretty useless - I mean even fifa doesn't make you use two buttons for a standard in play kick down field.

In saying that I do have hopes for this game as whilst the Rugby League game isn't fantastic it beats the pants off any game previously made (league or union) and has potential for future refinement and improvement.

At least Ross from Big Ant is a pretty honest fella and from what I've seen and read him and his team are doing their utmost best to provide all of us with a truly enthralling cricket computer video game.

It's great to see Ross & Mike Interacting with fans and customers.. games don't have to be super beautiful graphically... just pleasing to look at and enjoyable to play, I have to admit I do like the features in BAC2014 and excited about 2 cricket games this coming Winter (UK)

Steve S.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Those of us who have too high hopes with Big Ant Cricket should wait for a while and see the actual gameplay first, Afterall, Its the gameplay which counts at the end. Their Sneak Peak video has just Replays, Untill or Unless you have the final play at the game. You can't say for sure that Big Ant has Outsmart Trickstar. Ashes Team is experience and I have still high hopes that Ashes would be a far superior game than Big Ant One, However I must give credit to Big Ant to produce such Quality Graphics and looks in the First Go. Know This! I will buy Both Cricket Games.

balkeet

International Coach
Mike has himself said that the ba sneak peek video has set the bar quite high for trickstar that they decided to take 3 more months time for game improvement, i wonder how they will react when ba cricket releases officially.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Guessing you did not see the newest screenshots and video of BAC14 then? Not actual gameplay but footage from the game was shown in a 20 second video that included 4-5 shots.

That footage was gameplay footage...

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
True gameplay footage will occur at the public play sessions. Many AFL Live videos were posted on youtube, some by yours truly. It may only be camera phone quality but it will give you an indication. The devs there were highly encouraging videos.

Futhermore, the Melbourne boys here will report back on what they see and play. I just wish I could be there with them!

phil1987

Club Captain
Glad they put financial benefit aside over brand image and future cricket games , I am pretty sure they will churn out a decent cricket game with flashy new features.

HAHAHA! dont be silly mate there is only one reason why this game is not on the market and thats because it didn't get 100% approval not because of the cow manure that MF try to feed everyone about how 505 and trickstar were trying to save face over the game being too bad.

This game was a rip off money grabber from the start it had all the signs

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
gameplay footage means video of someone really playing like!!

The one that bigant showed was just replays...

Yeah but it's still actual gameplay, saying it's not gameplay is implying that they created all of that stuff just for the video

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I still remember how much excited I was back in 2005 when I saw first teaser trailer of BLIC 2005, They showed gameplay but in reality those were replays. When I purchased the game and played It. I was like.....:facepalm What???

Same can happen with Big Ant as well. I hope it won't and they produce atleast a good game (gameplay wise) in their first attempt. A reasonable one.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I still remember how much excited I was back in 2005 when I saw first teaser trailer of BLIC 2005, They showed gameplay but in reality those were replays. When I purchased the game and played It. I was like.....:facepalm What???

Same can happen with Big Ant as well. I hope it won't and they produce atleast a good game (gameplay wise) in their first attempt. A reasonable one.

They did the same for their AFL trailer in that it was in-game footage but from replay-like camera angles, but I think it was a realistic interpretation of how the game actually was.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
They did the same for their AFL trailer in that it was in-game footage but from replay-like camera angles, but I think it was a realistic interpretation of how the game actually was.

If that is the case then my expectations have increased but still not to that level. Let's See... Hopes a great first effort :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread