Tue Nov 19
13:30 GMT | 19:00 local | 02:30 NZDT +1d
1st T20I - Sri Lanka v New Zealand
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

Thu Nov 21
13:30 GMT | 19:00 local | 02:30 NZDT +1d
2nd T20I - Sri Lanka v New Zealand
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

New Zealand Squad Kyle Mills (capt), Corey Anderson, Anton Devcich, Grant Elliott, Andrew Ellis, Tom Latham (wk), Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Adam Milne, Colin Munro, James Neesham, Rob Nicol, Luke Ronchi, Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom(for final ODI and T20s)

New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2013-14 : Kyle Mills to lead New Zealand in Sri Lanka series | Cricket News | Sri Lanka v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

Sri Lanka Squad: Angelo Mathews (capt), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Perera, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Mahela Jayawardene, Dinesh Chandimal, Lahiru Thirimanne, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Suranga Lakmal, Rangana Herath, Sachithra Senanayake, Ajantha Mendis, Ashan Priyanjan

New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2013-14 : Shamida Eranga omitted for first two NZ one-dayers | Cricket News | Sri Lanka v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This could be very messy for us looking at their squad:

Squad: Angelo Mathews (capt), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Perera, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Mahela Jayawardene, Dinesh Chandimal, Lahiru Thirimanne, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Suranga Lakmal, Rangana Herath, Sachithra Senanayake, Ajantha Mendis, Ashan Priyanjan

New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2013-14 : Shamida Eranga omitted for first two NZ one-dayers | Cricket News | Sri Lanka v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

ferg512

International Coach
Why is this series even allowed to be played? We just played SL this time last year in an ODI series where it rained every game and now the same is happening this time around :facepalm

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Why is this series even allowed to be played? We just played SL this time last year in an ODI series where it rained every game and now the same is happening this time around :facepalm

And I counted two men and their dogs watching it at the ground.

----------

I'm not complaining though, our B team beating Sri Lanka's A team.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
NZ won N Mccullum the star 32 off 9 3*4s 3*6s.

Don't forget Latham & Ronchi :yes

I was really shocked when Malinga bowled the penultimate over instead of the final one.

macintosh

Club Captain
Nathan McCullum is a very vital player for the NZ ODI team, his stats do not indicate his handy contributions.
He bowls a few tight overs, scores some important runs, and goes unnoticed all the time. Stats can be cruel at times.
And hats off to NZ selectors to have faith in him.

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Nathan McCullum is a very vital player for the NZ ODI team, his stats do not indicate his handy contributions.
He bowls a few tight overs, scores some important runs, and goes unnoticed all the time. Stats can be cruel at times.
And hats off to NZ selectors to have faith in him.

Completely agree with you here. Every time he comes out to bat or on to bowl there's almost no point in showing his stats, because they mean nothing for a player like him. Even if he misses out with both bat and ball he's great in the field.

In saying that his T20I bowling stats are outstanding.

macintosh

Club Captain
Completely agree with you here. Every time he comes out to bat or on to bowl there's almost no point in showing his stats, because they mean nothing for a player like him. Even if he misses out with both bat and ball he's great in the field.

In saying that his T20I bowling stats are outstanding.

But you will surely not agree with the fact that I also believe that he should be a part of the test squad whenever they have a series in the SC.

On a wearing wicket, he would be effective or atleast he won't be giving easy runs like some of the pacers do when things aren't working. Most people fail to notice that McCullum is not a one dimensional bowler, he can just stick to a tight line and length if the wicket is flat or the batsmen is doing well or he can look to attack and bowl a bit slower if required. His batting and fielding would be an added advantage.

NZ's best team for SC conditions,
6 batsmen + 2 in form pace bowlers, with Nathan McCullum, Sodhi and Vettori as spin bowling allrounders. This would improve their bowling and add a lot more meat to their weak batting.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
the most worrying thing for sri lanka is they are still so dependent on the three big guys, dilshan, sangakkara and jayawardena. they've scored 47% of their runs over the last 3 years and 71% of all the hundreds across all formats.

there isn't a form of the game they aren't completely reliant on them. I was questioning how NZ stood up to SL when they were over there touring but if SL don't find some guys to replace them soon I can see SL slipping to the absolute bottom of the pile.

War

Chairman of Selectors
the most worrying thing for sri lanka is they are still so dependent on the three big guys, dilshan, sangakkara and jayawardena. they've scored 47% of their runs over the last 3 years and 71% of all the hundreds across all formats.

there isn't a form of the game they aren't completely reliant on them. I was questioning how NZ stood up to SL when they were over there touring but if SL don't find some guys to replace them soon I can see SL slipping to the absolute bottom of the pile.

Indeed, young batsmen like Chandimal & Thirimane (spell check) although talent and not doing badly, haven't stepped up as quickly as expected to take the pressure of the big 3 as the main run scorers.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Andrew Ellis, I'm sorry, but you are terrible.

Indeed, so is Rob Nicol.

Tom Latham looks to be a very promising batsmen for NZ.

Users who are viewing this thread