BCCI: India

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
This is just a general discussion on the Indian cricket team.

Why hasn't this guy got a chance yet?
having a economy rate of 6.58 in a Twenty20 career is no joke and also when you look at the games he played 67 and picked up 66 wickets, that is almost like a wicket per game. Selectors wake up!

FC Akash.

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
maybe because he is not rich

MONEY MATTERS IN INDIA

Everyone dont mistake me
my Aim is to be an indian cricketer

But the truth is money matters in india especially to enter cricket

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
This is just a general discussion on the Indian cricket team.

Why hasn't this guy got a chance yet?
having a economy rate of 6.58 in a Twenty20 career is no joke and also when you look at the games he played 67 and picked up 66 wickets, that is almost like a wicket per game. Selectors wake up!

I would say because most decent T20 spinners have figures like that. Check Harbhajan's figures and they are very similar, but no one wants him in the team.

The other factor with Abdulla is he couldn't crack the KKR team for most of last season.

Last edited:

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am surprised you popped that question. I don't see Abdulla playing T20 cricket for India as long as the likes of Amit Mishra and Pragyan Ojha are in form like they are and then you have Harbhajan Singh in the line too so that makes 3 bowlers for Abdulla to better just to get his name considered for the team, and we have not even raised the names of Ashwin and Jadeja, the preferred spinners for India. So while Abdulla is just about an average spinner in T20s, he has a long list of bowlers ahead of him for a spot in the team.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Check out Pankaj Singh , a pacer who is better than all our current options. He has been arguably the best fast bowler for the past 3 years and yet all he has to show for is a solitary cap against Sri Lanka. I cannot see any new spinner getting a decent chance since the current 4 ( Ash,Jaddu,Ojha and Mishra) have established themselves. It is a shame people like Mohit ( with all due respect) are getting chances while people like Pankaj aren't.

bumbisoft

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Check out Pankaj Singh , a pacer who is better than all our current options. He has been arguably the best fast bowler for the past 3 years and yet all he has to show for is a solitary cap against Sri Lanka. I cannot see any new spinner getting a decent chance since the current 4 ( Ash,Jaddu,Ojha and Mishra) have established themselves. It is a shame people like Mohit ( with all due respect) are getting chances while people like Pankaj aren't.

thats because mohit is in csk

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India

Did got one now but not sure he would make it to the final 11.:)

lion100lion

International Coach
How on Earth did Murali Vijay get selected? #antidhoni
How on Earth could have Murali Vijay not been selected?

----------

thats because mohit is in csk

I too really think that Pankaj Singh should have got his chances.
But let me tell you that Pankaj was not included neither in RCB's playing XI nor RR's playing XI. Hope that you don't blame CSK or Dhoni for it.

Now that he has got chance (in ENGLAND), Sandeep Patil must be appreciated (which sadly, no one does). Also, Pankaj must prove his inclusion into the team.

I sincerely say that I just don't like medium pacers like Pankaj, Mohit, Bhuvi.. etc (a long list)
The Indian team needs many more real fast bowlers like Shami.
Talents like Umesh Yadav, Ishant sharma (not joking !) are getting wasted. Now the Indian team doesn't even have Sreesanth.
The BCCI needs to learn from the SA and AUS boards, to use this pool of talent efficiently.

Last edited:

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
I too really think that Pankaj Singh should have got his chances.
But let me tell you that Pankaj was not included neither in RCB's playing XI nor RR's playing XI. Hope that you don't blame CSK or Dhoni for it.

Now that he has got chance (in ENGLAND), Sandeep Patil must be appreciated (which sadly, no one does). Also, Pankaj must prove his inclusion into the team.

I sincerely say that I just don't like medium pacers like Pankaj, Mohit, Bhuvi.. etc (a long list)
The Indian team needs many more real fast bowlers like Shami.
Talents like Umesh Yadav, Ishant sharma (not joking !) are getting wasted

Dont get me wrong, I did not target Mohit from an anti-CSK POV. When I said "people like Mohit are getting chances", I meant "people who are so inexperienced are getting chances while Pankaj is not"

Users who are viewing this thread