India's tour of Australia - December/January 2015

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Hats Off to Lokesh Rahul!
He just threw what others strive for!
Completely selfless and teamless.
But on a serious note , He deserves another chance in place of our Free Wicket!

K11

School Cricketer
Team for next test -
1. Rahul 2. Vijay 3. Pujara 4. Kohli 5. Rahane 6. Dhoni (last test) 7. Ashwin 8.Akshar 9. Bhuvi 10 Shami 11 Umesh

C'mon guys.. Pujara still has a very good ave.. a 153 in the 1st Test of a series in SA..

Rahul, poor fellow has played just 1 Test.. how many matches Raina has been given.. & ROhit in ODIs..
it's too early to write off Rohit from Tests..

grkrama

National Board President
MS retires he has done his job for indian test whatever anybody may say..he has took the first team to its hilt and then sat down and rebuilt another team and has taken it to the brink of success and signs off. [HASHTAG]#hatsoff[/HASHTAG]

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Is there a good wicket-keeper batsman in the ranks in his late teens to mid 20s? Saha is a good #2, but I don't see him serving as a #1 in the long run.
Team for next test -
1. Rahul 2. Vijay 3. Pujara 4. Kohli 5. Rahane 6. Dhoni (last test) 7. Ashwin 8.Akshar 9. Bhuvi 10 Shami 11 Umesh

C'mon guys.. Pujara still has a very good ave.. a 153 in the 1st Test of a series in SA..

Rahul, poor fellow has played just 1 Test.. how many matches Raina has been given.. & ROhit in ODIs..
it's too early to write off Rohit from Tests..
There's no retirement Test for Dhoni, Saha will play.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We should groom Samson for the long term now. He is very young, very good batsman and decent keeper. Perfect replacement for Dhoni. Saha and Naman are not gonna be there for long.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
We should not play Saha. Rahul already is a keeper. He can keep, we can play Raina instead of Saha.

lion100lion

International Coach

Dhoni's arrival ended India's long search for a wicket-keeper who could also bat, and he now has the most number of dismissals in ODIs and Tests by an Indian keeper

B6GF56cCcAA4nBM.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1419934609][/DOUBLEPOST]

playkid12

Club Captain
Can we please not groom players? Giving chances is one thing, but I'm tired of the country grooming players that never live up to their potential. Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma, etc., when will grooming end? I understand giving someone a chance, but you can't try to force a player to become the next big thing by just constantly giving them chances that they throw away.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
It was on the cards. I expected him to go after Sydney. Nevertheless, he will go down in history as a successful Indian captain. Btw, Virat is to lead in the next Test, but have they confirmed him as the long term Test skipper ?

I read a post talking about Samson ought to be tried, this could be a good move, but there is a slight possibility that the team would change drastically for the last Test

Vijay
Ojha (Naman Ojha)
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Raina
Saha (either Saha/Naman as keeper, the other can be a pure batsman)
Bhuvi
Ashwin
Ishant
Umesh

Last edited:

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Naman Ojha is the best option India has for the Wicketkeeping slot, his statistics this year are just insane.

As long as Australia makes ridiculous decisions like picking Ashton Agar, who has done literally nothing in the Shield, over Steven O'Keefe, Australia will never succeed in spinning conditions.

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Can we please not groom players? Giving chances is one thing, but I'm tired of the country grooming players that never live up to their potential. Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma, etc., when will grooming end? I understand giving someone a chance, but you can't try to force a player to become the next big thing by just constantly giving them chances that they throw away.
Why is Pujara in a list among Rohit and Ishant lol...

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
We can play Naman as a permanent keeper batsman in test matches. He has played brilliantly on the A team's australia tour recently against a very decent attack. In the mean time, we can give chances to Samson in ODI's and T20's. In a year or so we can then occasionally give him chance in test matches where Naman is injured or resting. This way we can groom Samson without disturbing team significantly. He is a very serious talent for someone so young and if he comes through, he could be a good player for a decade or more.

Users who are viewing this thread