DBC 17 Batting post Patch 3

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So after Re downloading a few more teams I'm in a situation where the rest of the gameplay is ok but now the AI just use 3 bowlers.

Bizarre.
Since deleting all the logos and started again I downloaded 3 teams a few stadiums and some logos and thought the AI got a bit better I followed wealeys advice by moving the field back now the AI just chips to the fielders that are back and got them all out for 194 next step I will try and increase the batting skills for the batsman and see what happens
Not sure if I've downloaded a few to many logos again but my gameplay hasn't really improved I wish I could go back to patch 2
The AI scored a little quick but they didn't play cheap shots and at least made decent scores

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Since deleting all the logos and started again I downloaded 3 teams a few stadiums and some logos and thought the AI got a bit better I followed wealeys advice by moving the field back now the AI just chips to the fielders that are back and got them all out for 194 next step I will try and increase the batting skills for the batsman and see what happens
Not sure if I've downloaded a few to many logos again but my gameplay hasn't really improved I wish I could go back to patch 2
The AI scored a little quick but they didn't play cheap shots and at least made decent scores

My advice is delete the stadiums and all related logos. They're generally unplayable anyway and I'm starting to think they are the problem

Wealey

ICC Board Member
My advice is delete the stadiums and all related logos. They're generally unplayable anyway and I'm starting to think they are the problem

I will just add that my last two videos have been played at user made Old Trafford and has run perfectly fine.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I will just add that my last two videos have been played at user made Old Trafford and has run perfectly fine.

Just bowling or batting? Bowling is generally fine but the stutter on the AI bowler's run-up when batting is the problem.

Do you know what the "%" assets on that stadium are? i've played (prior to the patch) on some stadiums and they were fine is the stadium was under about 30%. post patch the stutter has been worse, and i haven't found any stadium that didn't stutter horrendously when batting. (even now, when all the other gameplay issues seem thankfully resolved i haven't been able to bat in any custom stadium.)

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Just bowling or batting? Bowling is generally fine but the stutter on the AI bowler's run-up when batting is the problem.

Do you know what the "%" assets on that stadium are? i've played (prior to the patch) on some stadiums and they were fine is the stadium was under about 30%. post patch the stutter has been worse, and i haven't found any stadium that didn't stutter horrendously when batting. (even now, when all the other gameplay issues seem thankfully resolved i haven't been able to bat in any custom stadium.)

Just something I want to mention is that I downloaded quite a lot of teams as I mentioned a few pages back (All NZ, All Australian all International) via Get Best right after my re-set. I tried my best to reject any overwriting of logos, bats or players and things worked out alright. I never downloaded any stadiums, but when I went to play in New Zealand it appears that all of the home stadiums ARE there. I've played at a couple of them. Also, as I cycle through available New Zealand stadiums, Hagley Oval appears three times, Wellington Park (a default ground) twice, University Oval twice and McLean Park also twice, which is odd to say the least. I've only Get Bested!

So these somehow come down with the teams obviously? Anyhow, I haven't had any problems with any of these stadia, but I did have problems with the game after downloading stadia independently prior to re-setting. I'm not saying for sure the stadia are the problem, but just thought this was worth a mention.

In short, I have had very little lag when it comes to playing at stadiums that have seemingly come with teams, but I have received double ups of three and a triple up of one!

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
I would add batting close cam is were stutters are generally noticeable, this is from pc perspective.

Also, in terms of shots, i think it is pretty difficult to play normal shots to extra cover and between midwicket and mid on (cow's corner, i think this area is least accessible)...somehow these two areas are more accessible via lofted and aggressive grounded shots...i have tried this in competition mode also...so its not a problem of low rated career player...

I dont know about PS4 but on PC played this innings with kohli as star player in career. It was a green uneven first day pitch, The AI set a field with deep cover point for most of the innings so going to the extra cover region made more sense to me and i targeted mainly that region and was able to put it away there without much trouble, no trigger shots all plain drives.

20170210152057_1-jpg.182054

I would agree with targeting the gap between midon and midwkt is difficult mainly cause the fielder covers a lot of ground there also a few go very square.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I would add batting close cam is were stutters are generally noticeable, this is from pc perspective.

I dont know about PS4 but on PC played this innings with kohli as star player in career. It was a green uneven first day pitch, The AI set a field with deep cover point for most of the innings so going to the extra cover region made more sense to me and i targeted mainly that region and was able to put it away there without much trouble, no trigger shots all plain drives.

20170210152057_1-jpg.182054

I would agree with targeting the gap between midon and midwkt is difficult mainly cause the fielder covers a lot of ground there also a few go very square.

I dont think extra cover is not possible but i think compared to mid off and cover drive its quite difficult. It should be equally easy or difficult to target mid off, extra cover and cover. At the moment its not balanced. Just a little fine tuning is needed. I think you should consider that your batting skills are too good. Majority of the people are either descent or average in batting.

With regards to gap between mid on and mid wicket, I am glad you agree with me. The ball keeps going squarer mostly to mid wicket. I think that is why there are so many inside edges when you try to hit there. I think the gap between mid on and midwicket is least accessible. It definitely needs some tuning.

grkrama

National Board President
I dont think extra cover is not possible but i think compared to mid off and cover drive its quite difficult. It should be equally easy or difficult to target mid off, extra cover and cover. At the moment its not balanced. Just a little fine tuning is needed. I think you should consider that your batting skills are too good. Majority of the people are either descent or average in batting.
my abysmal batting average would say otherwise though :D, just wanted to share that pc batting experience.

With regards to gap between mid on and mid wicket, I am glad you agree with me. The ball keeps going squarer mostly to mid wicket. I think that is why there are so many inside edges when you try to hit there. I think the gap between mid on and midwicket is least accessible. It definitely needs some tuning.

ya its tough to score there at will, i actually had a few going between midwkt and square leg for boundary, think if that can be moved to between midwkt and midon would be right.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it just me or are drive shots very underpowered? Like the cover drive is there now, nice, but it doesnt seem to go anywhere and I can not beat anyone with the straight drive

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Straight drives are weak they certainly very rarely for go for s boundary. Sometimes I can nail a cover drive

chaman82

County Cricketer
Is it just me or are drive shots very underpowered? Like the cover drive is there now, nice, but it doesnt seem to go anywhere and I can not beat anyone with the straight drive
Increase shot power modifier
Experiment with custom settings....

grkrama

National Board President

from my experience with PC, the power comes when you play with right foot work and timing, the shape you are getting into when playing the shot matters to generate power, also the feedback arent accurate especially with timing and footwork often i will show early timed one's as ideal etc, you have to practice a bit in academy ground training and get a feel of the shots then try them in match situations. you can play just with plain drives and have the fielders chasing to the rope once you get the hang of it.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well i ended up happier with the custom settings, downloaded all get best, spent an hour editing teams and now i cannot touch a ball. Is this the logo issue creeping up now? What do I do?

First.Last

School Cricketer

You could always try turning the timing down to 25 or thereabouts, I was experiencing the same thing on pc, turns out i was hitting everything way too late, as we are expected to be able to tell the line and length of the ball when its only 1 foot out of the bowlers hand... or just premeditate every shot i guess :/

chaman82

County Cricketer
You could always try turning the timing down to 25 or thereabouts, I was experiencing the same thing on pc, turns out i was hitting everything way too late, as we are expected to be able to tell the line and length of the ball when its only 1 foot out of the bowlers hand... or just premeditate every shot i guess :/[/QUO

Small timing window( higher value in the shot timing modifier) brings errors and mishits.

But then it doesn't allow u to play Late.(very late, under the nose, inzi , Jayawardena type batting).

What I am noticing is that by keeping all the batting modifiers( except ball quality influence) to a low to very low value , makes thing overall better and more natural.

Batted on many different pitch types.
Pristine batting wkts results in high scoring games
And bowling friendly pitches makes batting tough even with low value modifiers.

Short power also plays a major role here and should b of low value when shot timing is kept at a easy level.

Users who are viewing this thread