Tips For DBC 17 Batting

Faithful

Club Cricketer
Thought I would create a thread for people to leave tips for Batting, as I know many people are struggling (me included)
So, Please leave any advice you have for Batting for others too see. (Also you can ask for advice)

s0074845

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thought I would create a thread for people to leave tips for Batting, as I know many people are struggling (me included)
So, Please leave any advice you have for Batting for others too see. (Also you can ask for advice)

from my experience with PC, the power comes when you play with right foot work and timing, the shape you are getting into when playing the shot matters to generate power, also the feedback arent accurate especially with timing and footwork often i will show early timed one's as ideal etc, you have to practice a bit in academy ground training and get a feel of the shots then try them in match situations. you can play just with plain drives and have the fielders chasing to the rope once you get the hang of it.

Mate if you are on PC then may be you can follow this post. He has done some videos of how to bat which is good. This atleast gives you a starting point.

As many have stated it takes lots of practise to get it going. I am no good in batting but now slowly can see the benefit of viewing his videos and watching the ball closely.

Batting Tutorial Vids - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would love some tips on facing spin bowling. I don't really want to play with the sliders as they are all set up nicely against the quicks, but against spin, whenever I drive I get bowled or LBW.

D

Deleted member 46200

Just wondering if there are differences in the console versions and the PC if so can we mark the tips with the platform they are from...? Many thanks.

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've found that early in the innings trying to play only according to line can help, anything obviously sliding down leg can be glanced or swept, defend anything straight back to the bowler, defend anything a little wider to the off side (dropping the ball to the silly point region is a good way to sneak a single if you're quick) and then just leaving or blocking anything else. It can mean a slow start if you're against good bowling, but it's low risk.

grkrama

National Board President
Just wondering if there are differences in the console versions and the PC if so can we mark the tips with the platform they are from...? Many thanks.

not sure on this, i would guess all platform are on the same level when the logo based issue reported by blocker and others experiencing it on consoles arent happening .

I would love some tips on facing spin bowling. I don't really want to play with the sliders as they are all set up nicely against the quicks, but against spin, whenever I drive I get bowled or LBW.

the key with spin for me based on PC, is to watch out for the faster deliveries and play for them they are generally drive-able in the V once you start timing them.. if you are on look out for faster ones, you will be bale to adapt to the slower flighted ones when the come. also ones the deliveries cross 5-6th stump ff square drive is better than cover drive with spin. also in tests i would be very vary of the close fielders like 8th slip and short cover they can catch lightning at times. late cut doesnt go past wk. Also watch out for googly or doosra they mostly happen with balls in corridor but mostly they are flighted and give you enough time to adjust, this gets me runs in general against spin.

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd also seriously encourage coming down the wicket fairly frequently, takes away a lot of risk for LBW/bowled and even a mistimed ground shot should fall well short of mid on/off.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd also seriously encourage coming down the wicket fairly frequently, takes away a lot of risk for LBW/bowled and even a mistimed ground shot should fall well short of mid on/off.
For me there is more of risk when coming down the wicket facing spinners. I usually get stumped or bowled.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Just wanted to share my experience but ever since I believe Patch 3, (whatever the patch was that allowed more shot range), my guard was leg stump and I was getting out bowled when trying to flick the ball, which was easier for me previously before this patch. If anyone is having trouble with this, I'd advise to keep an off-stump guard to reduce the risk of being lbw or bowled that way. I was seriously struggling and it seems to work for me ;)

But I am getting out mostly edging it to the keeper or slips. Anyone know how to counter that? It seems to me you get way more edges as a batsmen to the keeper than what occurs in real life, when batsmen in limited overs cricket not really getting out in the slips all the time compared to DBC 17. In FC games I leave the ball when it is outside the off-stump, and punish everything that is very full or full through whatever area I feel is best.

But does anyone know how to stop edging it to the keeper? My last few dismissals in Career mode have been due to edging to the keeper. I am getting many edges to keeper when spinner comes on, which does not occur very often in real life. As I said, in FC games I leave the ball as best as I can, but T20 and ODI cricket demands you to play at the ball more.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'd suggest to take notice of the pitch type and the length colour if you keep getting caught behind, anything green on off stump or slightly wider is very risky to try and play at, if it's on a hard pitch though you can play off the backfoot to green length deliveries with less risk, or so I find anyway.

Helpman

Club Captain
I edge everything. I've actually played a game and lost all my wickets, edged to keeper. I've since stopped playing the game in hope that a future patch gets released...

Moosc

Club Captain
Firstly I am playing on the very easiest level that you can. But this is my experience so far.
1. Try to play within the V through mid on and mid-off early in your innings. Even in T20 the defensive shot is your friend as you can score faster when you do get your eye in later.
2. Leave the short pitched bowling alone as you will get caught out behind if you even slightly miss time the shot and often only goes straight to the fielder.
3. The straight drive and cover drives are your friends and you will score heavily due to the stupidity of the AI Captain and it's field placings.
4. Be selfish when you bat. As a opening batsman I try to bat through the innings. My main concern is to not be out at the end of the innings, despite or in-spite of the overall score.
5. Only run on a certain run, no suicide singles. The fielders are of the "Super human" type and you CAN"T run on the throw, even from the boundary. Ever notice how often they hit the stumps from the boundary?
6. Its within the rules and is good tactics to leave balls outside the off stump, especially early in your innings.
7. Its not mandatory to loft the ball to score heavily. Bradman was once asked what he thought his best score was and after consideration replied 209(?) because he said "the only ball I hit off the ground in my whole innings was the ball that dismissed me".

As I say the above is my opinion based on my observations and experiences so far in the game.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Against spinners try playing late

Users who are viewing this thread