PS4 Cannot host or play online game

sidharcher

School Cricketer
Hello friends, This is Sid posting from Beijing, China. For the last 3 days I'm finding it extremely difficult to host a game or play online. It keeps throwing away from the custom match window. The error states "An error occurred communicating with network. Attaching the image here. Sometimes it takes me to a couple of overs and again gets disconnected. Internet t3st shows 80mbps which I feel is very good. This problem is very weird. Kindly help. Thanks people.

Attachments

• IMG-20170318-WA0027.jpeg
    IMG-20170318-WA0027.jpeg
    764.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG-20170318-WA0093.jpeg
    IMG-20170318-WA0093.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 217

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hello friends, This is Sid posting from Beijing, China. For the last 3 days I'm finding it extremely difficult to host a game or play online. It keeps throwing away from the custom match window. The error states "An error occurred communicating with network. Attaching the image here. Sometimes it takes me to a couple of overs and again gets disconnected. Internet t3st shows 80mbps which I feel is very good. This problem is very weird. Kindly help. Thanks people.
You are not alone, in the SA Online league we have one player with this same problem... I did suggest to him to look at the DNS settings and try and use GOOGLE's DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

He hasnt come back to me as to whether that worked, however he did say that his internet speed was dramatically reduced doing this (he also gets 50+ connection -- but with Google DNS about 25). The speed reduction should not influence your game whatsoever, so a slower connection that works is better than a super fast connection that doesnt work.

This has only started occurring post PS4 firmware update 4.5.... I have not noted connection problems with any other game I play online at this point.. so either 1) there is a fault with firmware 4.5 or 2) the 4.5 update messed with something in the communication of DBC17 specifically or 3) something else is fishy ;)

I also found that with our friend when I unplugged the external harddrive we could then connect, however this could be completely incidental as we have failed to connect after that even with no externals plugged in.

I have reported this on the bugs thread for @MattW and @BigAntStudios to have a look at, maybe its a firmware 4.5/DBC17 issue.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Many games have reported issues with the firmware upgrade - we're currently looking into any issues that DBC may have.

sidharcher

School Cricketer
Tha ks for all your response friends.

I'm taking it one game at a time.. Played a 5 this afternoon seems pretty smooth no lag no dc. First up I am able to host games now.

Will post more test results this evening. Thanks again.

sidharcher

School Cricketer
Yes this is happening after the 4.5 update to an extent. Tri3d the google DNS setting and as you said it slowed the download speed while connection wasn't stable either. So same disconnections.

Not sure what to do..

Users who are viewing this thread