Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

JauntyM

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wish the game had some more cut scenes where batsmen are talking to bowlers and/or captain is giving instructions to fielders and crowd reactions of different shots, balls or interaction in players. Drinks trolley. Umpire talking to bowlers if they are running over the pitch or if they bowl a No bowl. Stuff like that.

Plus we can't see any rain when it actually rains on the PS4 version.

SaurabhSteel

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I would like to make a suggestion which though cosmetic can enhance the fun factor. So often what I have experienced during my career games is that some really critical games get played without me being aware that they are knock out games or the Final of a series or a competition. I just wish that there was more hype around a final game. The commentators could announce that in a dramatic way or we could have a slightly different game opening screens saying FINAL or a different set of cut screens than the routine ones. It would create more drama and excitement for the players and also ensure that such games do not go unnoticed. At times you only figure out you have crashed out of a tournament when suddenly a new series begins. So, can we have a more dramatic and hyper presentation for crunch games or fiinals of a tournament?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In my opinion, I think the replays need to be improved. When you hit a great shot, you want to see that awesome shot on replay. But the angles barely make that enjoyable. I think maybe we could get a replay from the gopro or the camera on the umpire or something.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
In my opinion, I think the replays need to be improved. When you hit a great shot, you want to see that awesome shot on replay. But the angles barely make that enjoyable. I think maybe we could get a replay from the gopro or the camera on the umpire or something.
Good point. But I believe the IPL is actually working it's magic on you, given the suggestion you've made! :)

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Just an overview, I felt I should share here.

Don Bradman cricket team, always have been working on their product, focusing on the core concepts of cricket, that can be brought into the game. So, the user experience the game more as a player in the field, than a spectator watching a telecast. So, you'll be disappointed if you are in the hunt for the live TV feeling, while playing it. Basically this is why I believe BA also keeping all the suggestions regarding match presentation ceremony, enhanced replay, commentary, crowd involvement, chants, TV style representation of player's stats, channel overlay, taunting ( like Brian Lara cricket 05, 07, ea 04, 07), media involvement ( like FIFA, konami); listed as secondary things to develop and provide to us. This things will make the game great, I admit but may be we can request BA for this during DBC 19 or 20.

Till then, let them get the core cricket aspects right. There are plenty of things for them to work on, as they want to create a technical cricket simulation where you'll need to use your gamer abilities, skills and brain. Kudos to @BigAntStudios for this idea.

The thing mentioned right at the beginning, are the cosmetics for a bride. But now, the bride is not ready to marry. So cosmetics will be useless.

On a side note, BA is doing their job well. This year they attempted more than they would have anticipated to do well by the release date. I somehow believe though, they know their ability to deliver and will do justice with the late April patch. The shining stars will be visible again after such a destructive sand storm.

[HASHTAG]#SupportBA[/HASHTAG]

Vamsi2k99

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Add more cutscenes for celebration of milestones and wickets.
Pumping the air when reached a 100 would look cool.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Add more cutscenes for celebration of milestones and wickets.
Pumping the air when reached a 100 would look cool.
Also, to add on to that, I would like to see the players taking off their helmets and looking pleased while acknowledging their century. I think that would be a nice addition.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also, to add on to that, I would like to see the players taking off their helmets and looking pleased while acknowledging their century. I think that would be a nice addition.
Like the weird smiles the fielders and bowlers have when they take a wicket:lol

SaurabhSteel

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Just an overview, I felt I should share here.

Don Bradman cricket team, always have been working on their product, focusing on the core concepts of cricket, that can be brought into the game. So, the user experience the game more as a player in the field, than a spectator watching a telecast. So, you'll be disappointed if you are in the hunt for the live TV feeling, while playing it. Basically this is why I believe BA also keeping all the suggestions regarding match presentation ceremony, enhanced replay, commentary, crowd involvement, chants, TV style representation of player's stats, channel overlay, taunting ( like Brian Lara cricket 05, 07, ea 04, 07), media involvement ( like FIFA, konami); listed as secondary things to develop and provide to us. This things will make the game great, I admit but may be we can request BA for this during DBC 19 or 20.

Till then, let them get the core cricket aspects right. There are plenty of things for them to work on, as they want to create a technical cricket simulation where you'll need to use your gamer abilities, skills and brain. Kudos to @BigAntStudios for this idea.

The thing mentioned right at the beginning, are the cosmetics for a bride. But now, the bride is not ready to marry. So cosmetics will be useless.

On a side note, BA is doing their job well. This year they attempted more than they would have anticipated to do well by the release date. I somehow believe though, they know their ability to deliver and will do justice with the late April patch. The shining stars will be visible again after such a destructive sand storm.

[HASHTAG]#SupportBA[/HASHTAG]
While I completely understand your point about BA's primary focus being on making a game that is a cricket simulation rather than a presentation, I just want to add that replays, animations and cut scenes are already there and so are a number of camera options. So, all we are asking is for utilising the options available in a more stylish and aesthetically pleasant way. The replays are there so it's just about using the right ones for the particular piece of action to make the replays look cool and worthwhile. Also, I dont understand why there are no automatic replays for LBWs and why can't there be an option available on screen for a replay when an appeal is made.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Like the weird smiles the fielders and bowlers have when they take a wicket:lol
Lol. The players don't look particularly pumped either or over the moon with getting that wicket.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Often when you see a replay you just watch the ball trickle over the field. I'm assuming that boundary replays always show the same amount of seconds play but it would be good if it was intelligent enough to always show the batsman actually playing the shot.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Often when you see a replay you just watch the ball trickle over the field. I'm assuming that boundary replays always show the same amount of seconds play but it would be good if it was intelligent enough to always show the batsman actually playing the shot.

This. If the ball takes a certain amount of time to reach the boundary (say 4-5 seconds) due to ill-timed shot or heavy outfield, the instant replay doesn't start from the bowler run-up and all we get to see is the ball already on its way to the boundary. I was about to post this but you beat me to it.

Rohit Basu

Banned
Please work on something on players who disconnect while looseing as its really bad if the other player disconnects after batting 20 or 5 overs online.
I think big ant should work something like fifa on this.
Few suggestions I can give is
A win is awarded to the other player irrespective of the overs bowled.
A player who disconnects will never be able to play online unless he completes the match he disconnected.
Parameter should be set right completed matches should be a must or hence he will not be able to proceed for the next match.
I think this may work
Thanks

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I understand what your trying to achieve , but its not really feasable.

1. To just get a win , after a disconnect is harsh , and in my Tournaments , I would not want this. I have had disconnects on my side because of the game crashing , or for no specific reason at all , meaning my Internet Connection was still fine after the disconnect .
  2. What if the guy that did not disconnect , refuses to send the game invite to the poor old fellow who got disconnected , effectively banning him forever from playing online....

Users who are viewing this thread