English Football Thread 2016/17

Who will win the league this season?

• Total voters

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I will say it right now, Manchester City will win the league next season.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What about Liverpool?

They'll show some character and be the favourites next year for the 2019 season :p[DOUBLEPOST=1496247341][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not if Griezmann joins Man united.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
They'll show some character and be the favourites next year for the 2019 season :p[DOUBLEPOST=1496247341][/DOUBLEPOST]

He didn't really have an amazing season with Atletico, and I can only see things get worse for him in Premier League.
Why not Liverpool for me?
I don't think we are ready for the title, we may put up a race but do I think we have what it takes to win the Premier League? No, we need a bit of quality and leaders added into the squad first and I don't think that will happen just this season.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I think so too, especially if we continue to do our transfer business swift and precise all before pre-season even begins. In 2 summers Pep and Txiki will have taken the average age of the squad from 29/30 to 23, brilliant work.[DOUBLEPOST=1496398422][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is 1 player going to do for a 6th placed team? But it's irrelevant now because with Atleti's transfer ban being upheld by the CAS, Griezmann will refuse to leave even if his release clause is triggered.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think so too, especially if we continue to do our transfer business swift and precise all before pre-season even begins. In 2 summers Pep and Txiki will have taken the average age of the squad from 29/30 to 23, brilliant work.[DOUBLEPOST=1496398422][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is 1 player going to do for a 6th placed team? But it's irrelevant now because with Atleti's transfer ban being upheld by the CAS, Griezmann will refuse to leave even if his release clause is triggered.

It's not just any player we're talking about, Griezmann's one of the best strikers in the world. They might be 6th placed, but the same team won the Europa league. They're already dangerous with Rahsford and Lingard upfront. Imagine what Zlatan and Griezmann would accomplish! Even if they don't get Griezmann, there are many rumors linking James Rodriguez to Man Utd. Not suggesting that City aren't the favs, but the competition's gonna be tough.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It's not just any player we're talking about, Griezmann's one of the best strikers in the world. They might be 6th placed, but the same team won the Europa league. They're already dangerous with Rahsford and Lingard upfront. Imagine what Zlatan and Griezmann would accomplish! Even if they don't get Griezmann, there are many rumors linking James Rodriguez to Man Utd. Not suggesting that City aren't the favs, but the competition's gonna be tough.
Still just 1 player, a 6th placed team isn't going to become champions because of 1 player. This isn't like when United lost the title on goal difference, then bought RVP and coasted to the title the following season. Also I know there's an incentive to now win the Europa league because of champions league qualification but this United squad kinda struggled to pull that off as well.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I believe they have the talent to do it but they are not clicking yet.
David De Gea is a solid Keeper.
Shaw, Rojo, Bailey, Blind, Jones and Smalling make a good defense.
Their Midfield consists of Mata, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Herrera and Carrick.
Forwards are Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Martial and Rashford.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I believe they have the talent to do it but they are not clicking yet.
David De Gea is a solid Keeper.
Shaw, Rojo, Bailey, Blind, Jones and Smalling make a good defense.
Their Midfield consists of Mata, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Herrera and Carrick.
Forwards are Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Martial and Rashford.
That is not a good defense, midfield is good but could be improved. Forwards look good on paper but Ibra is getting up there in age and will be coming back from a serious injury, Rooney is not good enough anymore.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
That is not a good defense, midfield is good but could be improved. Forwards look good on paper but Ibra is getting up there in age and will be coming back from a serious injury, Rooney is not good enough anymore.
You are belittling them. I could agree that defense might need some improvement but their midfield is amazing.
That's what Sami said bringing in Greizman would have helped their chances of winning greatly as it would have made their already good looking Forwards better.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
According to BeinSports Liverpool have signed Salah, now this is a top top buy, to have a season like he did in such a defensive league is amazing, if these reports are true we got ourself a top buy, imagine a counter attack with Mane and Salah.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
You are belittling them. I could agree that defense might need some improvement but their midfield is amazing.
That's what Sami said bringing in Greizman would have helped their chances of winning greatly as it would have made their already good looking Forwards better.
I'm not, I'm just comparing their squad with Chels, Spurs and us.

D

Deleted member 46200

So when is this thread going to get serious... Would love you gentleman to educate me in this game called soccer...?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So when is this thread going to get serious... Would love you gentleman to educate me in this game called soccer...?

Around mid August when season starts? It's cricket/tennis season now so time for a breather...

Users who are viewing this thread