Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So, I have already seen the gameplay of this game. And I find it very interesting due to the ball marker which comes quickly after releasing from bowler's hand. I saw all the mods for this game which makes me wanting to get it. It's a bit pricey (TBH a lot for me) but I think the gameplay is good. I bought DBC 14 (in 2018 which is seriously not a joke) because it was just Rs. 1000 or low. Now I can't buy it because my father won't allow me to buy this because it is costly and I just bought a new game. So, I would like to know few things: Unlike DBC 14, does the ball actually spin even while batting ourselves?(Not just drifting and moving like an ordinary ball). Also does the ball swing while I bat myself cause in (DBC)14, it was just going straight after pitching(with the angle of the bowler). Also I think fielding is improved in this one, right? Does pitch type effect bounce and spin and swing (which can be seen)? I found footwork difficult in 14 so I choose Amateur difficulty for playing. If their is a tutorial in game, then how it is? Does it teach which place foot should go to play a shot (like flick)? Also do we require footwork in easiest mode in this game? Do you guys know someway to get Steam games for free cause I don't have consoles (except surveys)? Also how many variations do we have bowlers (spin and pace)? Can we use scrambled seam? I think this game is better than DBC 14 from what I have seen. Please tell your opinion as well. As of now, only these many questions!

grkrama

National Board President
There is better spin in ashes, especially with coming patch. Pitch variation is better, you will certainly notice seam spin and swing vary a bit according to conditions.

Ashes has a easier control scheme as option, and you should find easier difficulties at easy or easiest, there is more assistance to footwork at these levels.

tutorials are better detailed but the best thing would be to practice in nets are ground training to get better.

There is a lot more variation, and ya u can bowl cross seam.

Ashes you have to buy it on steam.

You can get soem steam games for free if you are a twitch game streamer with good content.

This crypto currency based site helps you with that, it rewards streamers with cryptos which you can use to buy games.

https://refereum.com/

Also checkout https://www.humblebundle.com/

they give you some great offers same with steam sales.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
There is better spin in ashes, especially with coming patch. Pitch variation is better, you will certainly notice seam spin and swing vary a bit according to conditions.

Ashes has a easier control scheme as option, and you should find easier difficulties at easy or easiest, there is more assistance to footwork at these levels.

tutorials are better detailed but the best thing would be to practice in nets are ground training to get better.

There is a lot more variation, and ya u can bowl cross seam.

Ashes you have to buy it on steam.

You can get soem steam games for free if you are a twitch game streamer with good content.

This crypto currency based site helps you with that, it rewards streamers with cryptos which you can use to buy games.

https://refereum.com/

Also checkout https://www.humblebundle.com/

they give you some great offers same with steam sales.
I said scrambled seam not cross seam. Also I will try out those websites you have suggested.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I came from 14 to ashes and yes it is worth it

Scrambled seam is also called slider... yes its in the game.

You won't be told how to get it free here. You will need to buy it on steam or keep 14.

Kevin S

Club Cricketer
So, I have already seen the gameplay of this game. And I find it very interesting due to the ball marker which comes quickly after releasing from bowler's hand. I saw all the mods for this game which makes me wanting to get it. It's a bit pricey (TBH a lot for me) but I think the gameplay is good. I bought DBC 14 (in 2018 which is seriously not a joke) because it was just Rs. 1000 or low. Now I can't buy it because my father won't allow me to buy this because it is costly and I just bought a new game. So, I would like to know few things: Unlike DBC 14, does the ball actually spin even while batting ourselves?(Not just drifting and moving like an ordinary ball). Also does the ball swing while I bat myself cause in (DBC)14, it was just going straight after pitching(with the angle of the bowler). Also I think fielding is improved in this one, right? Does pitch type effect bounce and spin and swing (which can be seen)? I found footwork difficult in 14 so I choose Amateur difficulty for playing. If their is a tutorial in game, then how it is? Does it teach which place foot should go to play a shot (like flick)? Also do we require footwork in easiest mode in this game? Do you guys know someway to get Steam games for free cause I don't have consoles (except surveys)? Also how many variations do we have bowlers (spin and pace)? Can we use scrambled seam? I think this game is better than DBC 14 from what I have seen. Please tell your opinion as well. As of now, only these many questions!
There definitely is a good amount of swing and seam in this game..Especially with only the pitch marker enabled,you won't know where the ball will swing after pitching..I personally don't think pitch type has a drastic effect on the swing or seam but it does have some effect..And you have a considerable amount of variations for pace bowling,not so much for spin..Don't know much about the "scrambled seam" tbh

You also have an alternate set of controls in this game(standard controls) which makes batting a hell of a lot easier for those finding it difficult to cope with the classic old ones,although these new controls make bowling tougher(lol)

Even I was desperate for this game and tried to get it for free,but I didn't happen to come across any legit way to get it..Hope you do

And yeah,this game is kinda overpriced,and I got it on my birthday last week only coz I hadn't bought a cricket game in six years for PC!

And with a major patch ready to release in a few days which will enhance it even further,this game is definitely WORTH IT!

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@Kevin S 6 years and no game or only for cricket game? That's nice.[DOUBLEPOST=1524414562][/DOUBLEPOST]
I came from 14 to ashes and yes it is worth it

Scrambled seam is also called slider... yes its in the game.

You won't be told how to get it free here. You will need to buy it on steam or keep 14.
Buddy slider I know is bowler by offie but scramble seam is usually bowler by pacer. You throw the ball with a different seam position instead of upright.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@grkrama those websites are not worth it. So now I will just sit and feel disappointed for not being able to get such good game just because my dad does not want me to play games but study. Furk life

Kevin S

Club Cricketer
@Kevin S 6 years and no game or only for cricket game? That's nice.[DOUBLEPOST=1524414562][/DOUBLEPOST]
Buddy slider I know is bowler by offie but scramble seam is usually bowler by pacer. You throw the ball with a different seam position instead of upright.
Only for cricket games man..And yeah,scrambled seam isn't the same as a slider and just so you know,there is something called "seam angle" in the game where I guess you can position the seam differently in your hand

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

cricket, a slider is a type of delivery bowled by a wrist spin bowler. While a topspinner is released with the thumb facing the batsman, a slider is bowled in a similar manner to a legbreak, but instead of imparting sidespin with the third finger, the bowler allows his fingers to roll down the back of the ball, providing a mixture of sidespin and backspin. Whereas a topspinner tends to dip more quickly and bounce higher than a normal delivery, a slider does the opposite: it carries to a fuller length and bounces less than the batsman might expect. The sliders will typically head towards the batsman with a scrambled seam (with the ball not spinning in the direction of the seam, so the seam direction is not constant, unlike in conventional spin bowling). This has less effect on the flight and bounce but absence of leg spin may deceive the batsman. Frequently the slider is bowled with a mixture of side spin and backspin. This has the effect of making the ball harder to differentiate from the leg break for the batsmen without reducing the mechanical effects caused by the backspin. This delivery may skid straight on or it may turn a small amount.[1]

Then the answer is no its not.

For a pace bowler its 'seam up' and 'cross seam'

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Only for cricket games man..And yeah,scrambled seam isn't the same as a slider and just so you know,there is something called "seam angle" in the game where I guess you can position the seam differently in your hand

The sliders will typically head towards the batsman with a scrambled seam (with the ball not spinning in the direction of the seam, so the seam direction is not constant, unlike in conventional spin bowling)

Yeah a slider is a wrist spinners scrambled seam.

Find text online where they talk about pace bowlers and scrambled seam( you won't find anything) and that is why its not in the game. scrambled seam = slider.

I think what you're talking about is called seam up which is not in the game.

Last edited:

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The sliders will typically head towards the batsman with a scrambled seam (with the ball not spinning in the direction of the seam, so the seam direction is not constant, unlike in conventional spin bowling)

Yeah a slider is a wrist spinners scrambled seam.

Find text online where they talk about pace bowlers and scrambled seam( you won't find anything) and that is why its not in the game. scrambled seam = slider.

I think what you're talking about is called seam up which is not in the game.
@Kevin S has given the answer. Changing the seam position instead of keeping I upright

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
LOL

You mite want to learn English before posting. No wonder you need to pirate games.
I beg your pardon? Well you mite is very good English. I think might is supposed to be there for no reason. Let's destroy the word might.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I beg your pardon? Well you mite is very good English. I think might is supposed to be there for no reason. Let's destroy the word might.

Added to ignore. You're boring now. You come here talking about if a games worth but you still want to download it for free. You are all the same wanting something for nothing.

LOL

Last edited:

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Added to ignore. You're boring now. You come here talking about if a games worth but you still want to download it for free. You are all the same wanting something for nothing.

LOL
I get it? I'm sorry. I wish I have the courage to say to my father to buy me this game. I'm very sorry for abusing you, my dear.

Users who are viewing this thread