Cricket 19 General Discussion

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Big Ant Studios, in collaboration with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), is proud to announce Cricket 19 - The Official Game of the Ashes.

Building on the fan-favourite Ashes Cricket, Cricket 19 features all formats of the international game, both men’s and women’s teams, and all host venues. This includes the Specsavers Ashes, fully licensed for both England and Australia. But that’s just scratching the surface of this year’s title.

Deep enhancements to the AI engine mean that the opposition is more realistic than ever before. When bowling, the AI will suss out your player and team’s weaknesses, and target that with a concentrated bowling strategy. When batting, the AI will rotate the strike to protect weaker players, and actively look for gaps in the field.

New features to be added to Cricket 19 include a scenario mode, which allows players to recreate the greatest matches in history, and then share them online to challenge other players to achieve difficult run-chases, or play out a draw from a disastrous situation. Enhancements to the career mode build a story around your player; how you look in the news headlines affects your potential career trajectory.

For the first time ever, a deep, rich cricket simulation will also be playable on the go. Cricket 19 will be available on the Nintendo Switch, allowing you to play both single player and multiplayer anywhere, anytime.

Big Ant CEO, Ross Symons, said: “We have the most active and passionate community. Many of our players logged thousands of hours with our previous cricket titles, and Cricket 19 is very much built on the experience of those players.

“Whether you’re looking to enjoy a 20-year cricket career that takes you from the club level to captaining the national team, re-create an ODI or IT20 series or take part in the Ashes, or just bash some balls around with friends, Cricket 19 has you covered."

ECB Commercial Director, Rob Calder said: “We are thrilled to announce Cricket 19 with Big Ant Studios. We have a huge summer of cricket to look forward to in England and Wales this year and this is another great way for fans to enjoy all the action.”

More details about the new features and gameplay modes in Cricket 19 will be announced at a later date. The game releases on all consoles – PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch – in May, with an exact release date TBA. A PC (Steam) version will follow shortly after.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Great. Count me in for the hype and wild speculation over the next couple of months. Think I may wait rather than purchase this on release day though. Thrice bitten four times shy as they say....
I'm in the same boat, this time around.

gunit123

County Cricketer
I'm sold on Scenario mode :eek:

Requested it a while back (as have others) for Ashes cricket and DB17 - glad the feedback has been acknowledged. The ability to share 'scenarios' online is fantastic.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Great. Count me in for the hype and wild speculation over the next couple of months. Think I may wait rather than purchase this on release day though. Thrice bitten four times shy as they say....

Yep exact thought I had, hopefully it will be an improvement but I saw a post in another thread which mentioned that the games have a lot of regression and in some areas progression. Graphically and presentation wise it's the most you can ask for a cricket game seeing as BA isn't a company with huge resources, but I really wish the gameplay could be better!

handsome

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
2 months to go!

I hope they get the trailer out. It isn't a new game, it's Ashes cricket with some additions and tweaks.

Rhone

County Cricketer
And if it takes months before it's at an acceptable level. I will want to see 1 or 2 substantial patches before considering it.

Yep. I've seen Ashes Cricket selling for as low as £6. It pays to wait with these games...both in terms of the strain on your wallet and the quality of the product you end up playing.

Users who are viewing this thread