Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Teams are already struggling to maintain the current over rates as it is, might need to clone Jadeja and send a version of him to every side to make this a reality.
Teams would be 5-6 overs behind every day, so you could use a pink ball in every Test, and recover those overs in the last session, under floodlights if needed. It would also prevent bad light stopping play.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Two close hard fought tests. Good to see the Windies on the rise again.

How refreshing to see a subcontinent team prepare a good but challenging pitch that offers something for everyone. India take note.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Two close hard fought tests. Good to see the Windies on the rise again.

How refreshing to see a subcontinent team prepare a good but challenging pitch that offers something for everyone. India take note.

One of the sides played only one pacer and the team that won bowled a part-time offie for nearly thrice the number of overs that their pacers combined bowled but sure, this is a good pitch.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Might I remind you that Brathwaite has a 6-fer against Sri Lanka. And Bangladesh did play a second seamer, albeit in the form of Soumya Sarkar.

As far as over rates go, I think in the first day of the first Test we were on track to bowl something near 100 overs. But I do agree with the use of floodlights in order to get the full 90 overs out.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hopefully it's the kick up the arse for some of the first choice West Indian batsman.
Might I remind you that Brathwaite has a 6-fer against Sri Lanka. And Bangladesh did play a second seamer, albeit in the form of Soumya Sarkar.

As far as over rates go, I think in the first day of the first Test we were on track to bowl something near 100 overs. But I do agree with the use of floodlights in order to get the full 90 overs out.
Soumya Sarkar Right Arm Wishful Thinking

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
:wi: West Indies
:bat: Kraigg Brathwaite
TBC
:bat: Nkrumah Bonner
:ar: Roston Chase
:bat: Jermaine Blackwood
:bat: Kyle Mayers
:ar: Jason Holder :c:
:wk: Josh Da Silva
:bwl: Rahkeem Cornwall
:bwl: Kemar Roach
:bwl: Shannon Gabriel

Reserves:
:wkb: Shai Hope
:wkb: Nicholas Pooran
:wk: Shane Dowrich
:bwl: Keemo Paul
:bwl: Alzarri Joseph
:bwl: Jomel Warrican

I've no idea about opening batsmen, so I'd probably go with a bit of a rogue pick. Shai Hope or Nicholas Pooran, or maybe Tagenarine Chanderpaul for sheer optimism.

:ban: Bangladesh
:bat: Tamim Iqbal
:bat: Anamul Haque
:bat: Mominul Haque
:wkb: Mushfiqur Rahim
:ar: Shakib Al Hasan
:wk: Liton Das
:ar: Mohammad Saifuddin
:ar: Mehidy Hasan
:bwl: Taijul Islam or Abu Hider
:bwl: Mustafizur Rahman
:bwl: Abu Hider

Reserves:
:bat: Nazmul Islam
:bat: Towhid Hridoy
:ar: Mosaddek Hossain
:ar: Aminul Islam
:bwl: Nayeem Hasan
:bwl: idk... maybe Taskin?
No Brooks or Bravo in your squad I see. The one main spinner is something I agree with, and Cornwall can bat on his day. For all the good that Warrican did in this series, he'll have to sit out a few games. His time will come again. In that squad you named I think Chase is batting too high and Mayers too low. Probably swap their positions. Roach and Gabriel are practically written down even before you think about it. Still would like to see Gabriel work just a little harder on his no-ball problems, I think they came back to haunt him in the second innings. Pooran's chance in Test cricket is coming sooner rather than later but at the moment I'd slot him into the limited overs team. Joseph sitting out...well it depends on the conditions really. He can be a straight swap for Cornwall if you expect the seamers to thrive. Tage Chanderpaul needs exposure to international cricket but he isn't that far away from that.

Let's throw a random thought out there. Evin Lewis as a Test opener? He's young, talented, and would pretty much fill a Chris Gayle sort of mould to Brathwaite's more defensive style.

As for Bangladesh, got to have Tamim, Mominul, Shakib. Mushfiqur...I'm on the fence. I dunno. A good fifty in the second innings but...eh, he plays. Mehidy plays. You put Taskin in the reserves, there's a player I'd like to see more of. What about Mahmadullah? He must be getting up there in terms of years but I don't think he's out of an international career yet. Good batting, occasional spin, excellent fielder. Liton Das has done a decent job, he plays. Got to have at least two left arm orthodox players, Taijul plays.

On paper, both teams have match-winners. In real life somehow it doesn't always translate.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Evin Lewis as a Test opener?
There's no reason it couldn't work; he's got a solid technique and five international centuries to his credit. And picking an opener who's almost 30 with one first-class century and who averages scarcely more than his age in first-class cricket would be very West Indies

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've said Lewis should be tried, if he wanted to and, like Pooran, would play some first class games beforehand. Even if he only lasted an hour I'd expect he'd be no worse than poor John Campbell.

I think Shayne Moseley is probably the next opener in line but he's not done too well at 3.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
1613321950154.png

That's a regulation-sized cricket ball. Looks like a mere toy in the hands of Cornwall.

Picture from this article on CricInfo, and an extremely well-written article it is.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Aggressive words much? But true words too. I see that I'm not the only one who remembers Mahmudullah, even the board president still considers him good enough.

Should his comments have been made publicly though?
He’s always been a dictatorial fool. On the one hand he says the captain and coach are the decision makers, on the other hand he says his lack of access to the team and lack of involvement in selection are intolerable. What a massive idiot.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
The only board members I'll comment on belong to the West Indies. But I'll mention that yeah, some of his words were a bit harsh and not deserved. He isn't the one out in the middle.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Aggressive words much? But true words too. I see that I'm not the only one who remembers Mahmudullah, even the board president still considers him good enough.

Should his comments have been made publicly though?

He is an absolutely pathetic leader who has frequently had public rows with seniors players and management.

As for Mahmudullah, I'm genuinely amazed that they didn't back him for captaincy permanently after Mortaza's retirement. He is the closest in terms of character and style to the latter, instead they opted for Shakib who's more passionate (and we all know how that ended) and then Tamim and Mominul, both of whom are reluctant leadersm. On the other hand, Mahmudullah's captaincy impressed me versus India where he made use of limited resources to stay competitive.

Users who are viewing this thread