Pakistan tour of England 2021

Jack7

Club Cricketer
Maybe. As the captain though, I'd rather him just see the game out, not leave it to Jordan and Willey.

Fully aware this is me being "old man yells at cloud" again :D
Everyone has their own way of sealing the game. Easy to sit in an armchair and say they should have done this or that. The rivalry between the supporters meant the game was on a knife-edge. Livingstone's 2 ball knock was needed when it happened. That six he hit first ball secured the game. Before that it was a coin flip. After that Morgan tried to follow suit (trying to finish it in a six like Livingstone) as Livingstone basically flexed on him trying to master blast 2 in a row out the park without giving a flying duck.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From a Pakistani point of view, we were obviously about 15 runs short. Would have said the same thing at the half way stage - can't really blame any of the bowlers or their commitment - they all did what was needed defending that total.

Problem lies where it did with the 2nd T20 - the middle order (or the lack thereof) -
- Why bring in Azam Khan to the tour - and then drop him after two games when he didnt really get a proper chance.
- Why give Haris Rauf the amount of chances he has got for the ODI or T20? He sprays it more than a garden hose? I understand that he is a decent death bowler - dont bowl him before 8-10 overs then.
- Why not use Hafeez from match one - and give yourself some option when things werent going right in all the games.

Its the same problem we have had for a long time - and the reason someone like Asif Ali got away with being that mediocre at that spot - we dont have any other options.

I have a feeling that Shoaib Malik might be coming back in the middle order - but I would really like a genuine hitter (an. Afridi-esque player)

Jack7

Club Cricketer
From a Pakistani point of view, we were obviously about 15 runs short. Would have said the same thing at the half way stage - can't really blame any of the bowlers or their commitment - they all did what was needed defending that total.

Problem lies where it did with the 2nd T20 - the middle order (or the lack thereof) -
- Why bring in Azam Khan to the tour - and then drop him after two games when he didnt really get a proper chance.
- Why give Haris Rauf the amount of chances he has got for the ODI or T20? He sprays it more than a garden hose? I understand that he is a decent death bowler - dont bowl him before 8-10 overs then.
- Why not use Hafeez from match one - and give yourself some option when things werent going right in all the games.

Its the same problem we have had for a long time - and the reason someone like Asif Ali got away with being that mediocre at that spot - we dont have any other options.

I have a feeling that Shoaib Malik might be coming back in the middle order - but I would really like a genuine hitter (an. Afridi-esque player)
The last bit is important. Pakistan lack firepower right now. Boom boom in his prime would be ideal in that team. Asking a lot though.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
tumblr_otwt2mvUbL1wstc5to1_400.gif

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A million times this. Him bowling in the Powerplay makes me want to bang my head on a wall. Keep him purely as a death bowler. Hasan, Usman and Shadab in the middle overs. Or better yet, replace Haris with Amir. Yes, he’s out of form, but he’s a gun bowler who will show up in big matches.

Users who are viewing this thread