Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

Om Prakash

School Cricketer
This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2021 Editor. This Editor is also fully integrated into the Cricket Captain 2021 Scout.

Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Editor and to report any issues.

WARNING! This is the first editor release for Cricket Captain 2021. It may be unstable. Please back up your savegame if you don't want to risk corrupting it.

Screenshots
:

View attachment 252417 View attachment 252418 View attachment 252419

Quick Tips:
  1. Run Cricket Captain 2021.00 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
  2. Run the editor.
  3. Only "Load" or "Apply" the Player Editor while viewing that player in-game.
  4. Only "Add Coach + Physio" while viewing the Coaching screen in-game.
  5. It should be safe to "Load Budget", "Save Budget" and set "100% Squad Fitness" from just about any screen in the game.
  6. If you change a player's role (batsman, bowler, all-rounder, keeper, opener, etc.) then always exit their profile in-game, then exit the next screen (so the correct team order is regenerated) before editing any other player.
  7. Selection Editor: Only use this tool in the match start screen (just before the coin toss).
  8. Squad Editor: Only use this tool when viewing the international squad you want to edit. Clicking "Load Players" launches the Scout, which allows you to filter a list of players to consider for selection. When you close the scout, the filtered player list will be copied back into the Squad Editor.
  9. I haven't had any issues, but there is always a chance the editor could corrupt your savegame. Back it up if you don't want to risk losing it.
Please check the following FAQ before asking a question. I will update the FAQ with any new questions.

FAQ (PLEASE READ):
  • Q: Can I have the editor for a previous patch of Cricket Captain 2021?
  • A: No. There are editors for previous products (e.g. CC2018, CC2019 and CC2020), but you should always update your game to the latest patch to use the editor.
  • Q: Can I use this editor to cheat online?
  • A: No. The editor is not compatible with any game modes eligible for online play. At best, the Editor will crash if you try to edit a Normal mode game (and is likely to corrupt your savegame). The editor is a very simple memory editor that is easily detectable by Steam. If you try to edit online games, you will be banned. You have been warned - I am not responsible for any bans.
  • Q: Can I edit player ability?
  • A: Yes. You can offset by a specified +/- percentage, or randomize player ability (within specified limits). However, you cannot view ability or potential ability. (This limitation is requested by the game's developers).
  • Q: Does the editor run on Mac, Linux or mobile devices?
  • A: No. I have tested it in Windows 7 and 10. If there is high demand, then I could look into porting to other platforms.
  • Q: Where is the download link?
  • A: Click on the version name in the table below.
  • Q: How did you write this editor?
  • A: The original version was written (in C#) by Fe98 more than a decade ago, based on a huge community effort to reverse-engineer earlier versions of the game. They deserve most of the credit. I have just updated and added features.
  • Q: Is the editor finished?
  • A: No. There are a lot of features that I am still working on. Please feel free to suggest anything else you would like to see in the editor.
Downloads:

VersionDateDescription
2021.00-0103/07/2021First editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (beta release).
2021.00-0213/07/2021Update for full commercial release.
2021.00-0314/07/2021Bug fixes due to memory misalignment in player data record.
2021.00-0415/07/2021Fix bug in Scout (also affecting Selection Editor and Squad Editor).
2021.00-0517/07/2021Update for latest hotfix.
2021.00-0620/07/2021Update for hotfix 5. Fixed batting stats. Incorporated new Scout loading mechanism.
Why i can not download the older version.
Please make it work

g_train

School Cricketer
Not at the moment. Normal difficulty games are eligible for online play, so to reduce online cheating the editor only works in "easy" and "very easy" modes.

Thank you so much for your work on this Editor. It's a shame people have been found cheating as it ruins the game for everyone.

I'm hoping there is a future for the editor at some stage on normal difficulty mode as playing on easy isn't as much fun.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thank you so much for your work on this Editor. It's a shame people have been found cheating as it ruins the game for everyone.

I'm hoping there is a future for the editor at some stage on normal difficulty mode as playing on easy isn't as much fun.
I hope so too. Last year, I asked the game developers about a way to make this possible, but they didn't have an immediate solution. I'll mention it to them again after the initial release mayhem has died down.

I have never played the game in normal mode (except to check the editor doesn't work) and I have never played online at all. So this has never been a problem for me, but I understand people enjoy the game differently.

harish14

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The editor is a bit confusing because the developers of Cricket Captain requested that hidden attributes (such as batting and bowling ability) are not made visible by the editor. Their philosophy has always been that it adds to the realism of the game if we can see statistics (batting average, bowling average, etc) but not internal attributes (batting "ability", bowling "ability", etc).

So the editor doesn't show you what happens when you edit ability or potential. You just have to trust that after you hit "OK", then "Apply" the offset has been applied to their internal ability. Note that this is an "offset", not an absolute number. For example, if a batsman starts with an internal (invisible) batting ability of 1000, then offsetting it by +10% will increase it to 1100. The 10% offsets you are seeing are just defaults (they are not specific to each player).

For what it's worth, I personally recommend not editing player abilities. For me, it would ruin the balance of the game. But I understand everyone enjoys the game differently.
Getting an error, Unable to launch
This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2021 Editor. This Editor is also fully integrated into the Cricket Captain 2021 Scout.

Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Editor and to report any issues.

WARNING! This is the first editor release for Cricket Captain 2021. It may be unstable. Please back up your savegame if you don't want to risk corrupting it.

Screenshots
:

View attachment 252417 View attachment 252418 View attachment 252419

Quick Tips:
  1. Run Cricket Captain 2021.00 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
  2. Run the editor.
  3. Only "Load" or "Apply" the Player Editor while viewing that player in-game.
  4. Only "Add Coach + Physio" while viewing the Coaching screen in-game.
  5. It should be safe to "Load Budget", "Save Budget" and set "100% Squad Fitness" from just about any screen in the game.
  6. If you change a player's role (batsman, bowler, all-rounder, keeper, opener, etc.) then always exit their profile in-game, then exit the next screen (so the correct team order is regenerated) before editing any other player.
  7. Selection Editor: Only use this tool in the match start screen (just before the coin toss).
  8. Squad Editor: Only use this tool when viewing the international squad you want to edit. Clicking "Load Players" launches the Scout, which allows you to filter a list of players to consider for selection. When you close the scout, the filtered player list will be copied back into the Squad Editor.
  9. I haven't had any issues, but there is always a chance the editor could corrupt your savegame. Back it up if you don't want to risk losing it.
Please check the following FAQ before asking a question. I will update the FAQ with any new questions.

FAQ (PLEASE READ):
  • Q: Can I have the editor for a previous patch of Cricket Captain 2021?
  • A: No. There are editors for previous products (e.g. CC2018, CC2019 and CC2020), but you should always update your game to the latest patch to use the editor.
  • Q: Can I use this editor to cheat online?
  • A: No. The editor is not compatible with any game modes eligible for online play. At best, the Editor will crash if you try to edit a Normal mode game (and is likely to corrupt your savegame). The editor is a very simple memory editor that is easily detectable by Steam. If you try to edit online games, you will be banned. You have been warned - I am not responsible for any bans.
  • Q: Can I edit player ability?
  • A: Yes. You can offset by a specified +/- percentage, or randomize player ability (within specified limits). However, you cannot view ability or potential ability. (This limitation is requested by the game's developers).
  • Q: Does the editor run on Mac, Linux or mobile devices?
  • A: No. I have tested it in Windows 7 and 10. If there is high demand, then I could look into porting to other platforms.
  • Q: Where is the download link?
  • A: Click on the version name in the table below.
  • Q: How did you write this editor?
  • A: The original version was written (in C#) by Fe98 more than a decade ago, based on a huge community effort to reverse-engineer earlier versions of the game. They deserve most of the credit. I have just updated and added features.
  • Q: Is the editor finished?
  • A: No. There are a lot of features that I am still working on. Please feel free to suggest anything else you would like to see in the editor.
Downloads:

VersionDateDescription
2021.00-0103/07/2021First editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (beta release).
2021.00-0213/07/2021Update for full commercial release.
2021.00-0314/07/2021Bug fixes due to memory misalignment in player data record.
2021.00-0415/07/2021Fix bug in Scout (also affecting Selection Editor and Squad Editor).
2021.00-0517/07/2021Update for latest hotfix.
2021.00-0620/07/2021Update for hotfix 5. Fixed batting stats. Incorporated new Scout loading mechanism.
Getting an Error, Unable to launch

1627200285812.png

Last edited:

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi @weetabixharry I think the squad editor is not working. Tried several times, but when I try to load the list of available players on the right hand side, it just remains blank.
That's weird. It seems to be working for me.

It will fail if the squad is currently empty (e.g. no one has been selected for an international squad yet). Is that the case for you?

My (successful) steps were:
  1. Click on the "Internationals" menu in Cricket Captain.
  2. Click "Team Info".
  3. Browse to a squad that is not empty (in my savegame, only Pakistan or South Africa).
  4. Run the squad editor and click "Load Squad".
  5. Click "Load Players" and wait for the Scout to load.
  6. Close the Scout (players should automatically copy back into the Squad Editor).

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
That's weird. It seems to be working for me.

It will fail if the squad is currently empty (e.g. no one has been selected for an international squad yet). Is that the case for you?

My (successful) steps were:
  1. Click on the "Internationals" menu in Cricket Captain.
  2. Click "Team Info".
  3. Browse to a squad that is not empty (in my savegame, only Pakistan or South Africa).
  4. Run the squad editor and click "Load Squad".
  5. Click "Load Players" and wait for the Scout to load.
  6. Close the Scout (players should automatically copy back into the Squad Editor).
Yes did the same. Step 5, while loading the screen gets blank with no players loading. Could be because I've continued with my older save after your latest fix. I'll try with a new save and revert tomorrow.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Yes did the same. Step 5, while loading the screen gets blank with no players loading. Could be because I've continued with my older save after your latest fix. I'll try with a new save and revert tomorrow.
Does the Scout normally work for you? I changed quite a lot in the Scout, so maybe it broke something.

If the Scout is working normally, then I think the Squad Editor should work...

Users who are viewing this thread