India Team Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Laxman as permanent coach in T20I's? NO! Zaheer Khan or Ashish Nehra should be the coach in T20I format.. Zaheer has got good experience with Mumbai Indians and understands the T20 game from the franchise level. Nehra has presided over GT's title win last season (though he was not the head coach). Laxman was not part of the T20 era at all, and should not be near the national T20 side on a permanent basis.

Hardik should be T20 and ODI captain eventually and I wouldn't mind if he leads India into the 2023 ODI World Cup. It's pointless to give it to Rohit Sharma, who clearly has fitness issues now with his bloated up body. Long term future - give test captaincy to Rishabh Pant and make him play only that format (and maybe ODI's). Hardik should be the ODI/T20 captain.

I don't agree with giving Hardik the captaincy in ODIs too as of the moment. People are having too many rosy memories of Hardik, I remember him shouting verbally at Miller and Tewatia in IPL games on multiple occasions. He's been animated very much in the past as an individual player too. A rather calm Rohit previously has been animated already as Indian captain once he moved to the role full-time and it is highly likely that Hardik may be as emotionally charged as Kohli and Rohit. I'd like to wait until he gets more experience in IPL and T20I games before giving the role to him in ODIs. Rohit's a fine option for the next WC, as I've mentioned before he is the best option we have currently for the role and he isn't getting dropped from his best format anyway.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India

Bevab

Staff Member
Okay, why is everyone putting up Stick Cricket scorecards here?

That’s what happens when you play against a Plate side although Arunachal Pradesh is one of the stronger ones.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
That’s what happens when you play against a Plate side although Arunachal Pradesh is one of the stronger ones.
Big Liam Livingstone 350 vibes

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
B

Bigby Wolf

Intent! Rohit and Rahul can never show this intent
View attachment 273347
And the fact that happened almost 20 years back.

That match in Karachi 2004 India scored 140 in the first 14 overs goes to show how aggressive we were back in the powerplay.

Credits - The one and only Virender Sehwag.

And yeah Master Blaster did his job as well in those fast paced starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Its good that the issue of "current Indian batsmen not honing their bowling skills" is gaining a lot of traction in media and social media. In those days, Sachin, Ganguly, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Raina, etc bowled a lot of overs and were considered to almost be 'sixth bowlers' of the team. Ganguly and Sachin won games for India with the ball.

But today - even Rohit Sharma who used to bowl some useful off spin has completely stopped bowling. From some weird reason, Suresh Raina stopped bowling in the last 2 years of his career (including in IPL, under Dhoni). Virat occasionally takes up bowling here and there but even he is very circumspect of bowling. What has triggered this change in Indian cricket in recent times that, batsmen are so afraid of bowling? Our 2011 WC win was orchestrated by Yuvraj Singh, the bowler and batsman. And its very ironical that Dravid is the head coach and him coming from a generation of batsmen donning multi-utility hats (either being a bowler or a part time wicketkeeper), he has not really brought out this trait into the team.

Users who are viewing this thread