India in England/Ireland/Scotland

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Because the Utthappa decision didn't have much effect on the outcome of the match.

irottev

School Cricketer
I can't believe some of you Indians are still moaning about the umpires. It's just sour grapes. Grow up.

It isn't sour grapes. Your own commentators were even saying it wasn't up to standard. It's fact that umpiring was bad. Not giving Yuvraj was bad and the England fans woulda been bitching about it had he won the game for India.

1. Umpires do too much traveling/umpiring.
2. They need to make use of the third umpire and technology more. So when a batsman is given out wrongly they can reverse it. (NOT INCLUDING LBWs, the umpire can have full reign over that as it's unprovable. Edges are now perfectly provable.)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Forget the umpiring for a moment...

Do you ppl think that India will have a new captain after the T20 World Cup ?
Dravid hasnt done anything remarkable as a captain.
Had Ganguly been the captain,India would have won the series before Lords.
And the Lord's match would have been closer.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe because Rahul Dravid was given out to a clear not out earlier that same innings.

Dhoni was given not out to a Panesar long-hop that was hitting leg-stump in his watch-saving 72 NO. If we keep going back in time looking for bad decisions, it will never end.

Because the Utthappa decision didn't have much effect on the outcome of the match.

Again, I'll ask this question. Is Sachin Tendulkar more entitled to a correct decision than other batsmen? No. Just because he is a much better batsman, doesn't mean a huge inquiry should be made because of it.

Tendulkar never sounded or looked out but that's the way it goes. Prior got a bad LBW at the Oval but that doesn't matter does it as it's only Matt Prior.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Dhoni was given not out to a Panesar long-hop that was hitting leg-stump in his watch-saving 72 NO. If we keep going back in time looking for bad decisions, it will never end.

You misunderstand me. That is my answer to the reason why there was not a big hubub about the Sreesanth decision not my point of view.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
You misunderstand me. That is my answer to the reason why there was not a big hubub about the Sreesanth decision not my point of view.

So, Dravid getting a bad decision and Sreesanth being given not out denying England a victory evens itself out?

So, why does the match-winner at the Oval, Robin Uthappa, being wrongly given not out and Sachin getting a bad decision not even itself out?

baburao

Club Cricketer
Forget the umpiring for a moment...

Do you ppl think that India will have a new captain after the T20 World Cup ?
Dravid hasnt done anything remarkable as a captain.
Had Ganguly been the captain,India would have won the series before Lords.
And the Lord's match would have been closer.

I dont think they will replace Dravid.
Yes i agree.
Yes Ganguly has got that spark to lead the team with aggression.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
So, Dravid getting a bad decision and Sreesanth being given not out denying England a victory evens itself out?

So, why does the match-winner at the Oval, Robin Uthappa, being wrongly given not out and Sachin getting a bad decision not even itself out?

Somebody asked why the Sreesanth decision did not get much publicity, I gave my answer. I never said they evened themselves out.

.Mob

International Coach
We say Tendulkar wasn't out and you lot say Uthappa was.

My god, who do you think was more likely to have single-handedly won India the series?
Who is the best batsman to ever grace a cricketing field?
Who has been India's hero for the last 20 years?

Uthappa or Tendulkar?

baburao

Club Cricketer
We say Tendulkar wasn't out and you lot say Uthappa was.

My god, who do you think was more likely to have single-handedly won India the series?

Uthappa or Tendulkar?
Considering the current form its Tendulkar.;)

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Considering the current form its Tendulkar.;)

That doesnt mean he can win every match :) take an example of Sir Don bradman. he was in super form nobody expected him to get out at Zero in his last match ;) but it happened . A player in super form doesnt, mean he can do miracles in every matches

Users who are viewing this thread