English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I want united to sign him because then we will be unbeatable on pro evo

Haha, true!!! Thats why I was pissed off when I had Pro Evo 5 and Man U signed Carrick lol Because he had crap ratings lol Then in Pro EVo 6 he was much better:cool: Shows how joining a team does so much for you lol

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Everton now 12 unbeaten in all competitions :D Into the knockout stages of the Uefa Cup, Semi Final of the Carling Cup and doing well in the league, this could be a very memorable year for us. We have as good a chance as anyone in the Uefa cup, and if we perform well in the Carling Cup semis we have a brilliant chance of winning that aswell. Now we just need to make sure we keep hold of Mikel and Timmy in January. Yakubu's started scoring, as has AJ and we're playing really good football, has the potential to be a really really fantastic season for us. We never seem to get the credit we deserve though, even when we came 4th we were slagged off, consistently doubted, consistently performing, most under-rated team in the league. Up The Toffees :D

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Everton now 12 unbeaten in all competitions :D Into the knockout stages of the Uefa Cup, Semi Final of the Carling Cup and doing well in the league, this could be a very memorable year for us. We have as good a chance as anyone in the Uefa cup, and if we perform well in the Carling Cup semis we have a brilliant chance of winning that aswell. Now we just need to make sure we keep hold of Mikel and Timmy in January. Yakubu's started scoring, as has AJ and we're playing really good football, has the potential to be a really really fantastic season for us. We never seem to get the credit we deserve though, even when we came 4th we were slagged off, consistently doubted, consistently performing, most under-rated team in the league. Up The Toffees :D

It would of helped if you actually qualified for the champions league :p

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
wrong thread :p
Not really. This is the sticky English football thread. For some reason people wanted to start a new thread for this season. Why I don't know, its not like anyone reads the thread from start to finish. If this thread isn't being used, perhaps it should be unstickied. (Is that even a word).

Everton certainly are having a good run at the moment, its just 5 other clubs are having better seasons. Moyes is obviously a decent manager and is building a good side, trouble is, so is everyone else up the sharp end of the table, its tough to break into the very top.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Well given hte fact there is already a thread for the new season it makes much more sense to post in there now regardless of whether you think it's right or not, and this thread won't be unsticked because you and m_vaughan were the only ones to moderate football more than on the odd occassion. I'm fairly sure KP would have wanted to post in the new thread given the fact he already has lots of posts there.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I wasn't having a go at anyone, its fairly obvious that he meant to post in the other thread, I was just trying to point out that it is stupid to have 2 threads where one will do.

I've dispatched a PM to the relevant Mod.

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Well that it is but I think everyone got annoyed with the first post as no-one was updating it but it would be good if the longest thread on a cricket forum was a football one.

Bilal91

International Coach
Man Utd. lose and Arsenal win...oh yeah...everton unbeaten in 13 eh...not anymore...4-1...COME ON...2 points clear at the top now...COME ON YOU GOONERS!!!

Animator!

School Cricketer
Don't gloat Bibal, particularly in a game we didn't especially deserve to win. Everton ran their socks off as always and were very good at breaking us down for 50 minutes. Sadly they let it slip. Draw would have been a fair results.

Notts til i die

Club Cricketer
Oh yes! I can't belive we (West Ham) have beaten the red devils. 3 times in a row. We are doing soooo class with all our injuries and we sit 9th in the Premier League.:):D

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Not seen much action this year. But looks like a good win to me :D.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Don't gloat Bibal, particularly in a game we didn't especially deserve to win. Everton ran their socks off as always and were very good at breaking us down for 50 minutes. Sadly they let it slip. Draw would have been a fair results.

Excuse me?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I think he probably meant sadly for Everton fans. I have to say reallistically, the game should have been 3-1. Eduardo handballed, Bentdnar should have got a straight red and Arteta should obviously be done in for GBH.

Users who are viewing this thread