Forum Mafia - A Primer

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
So with the AMA's it's come up that there are a few people that are intrigued by it but don't fully understand it enough to put their name up to play.

So I thought I'd make this post to explain it a bit and hopefully convince a few people to join up.

---------

In a basic game, you have two teams. The 'town' and The Mafia. Usually the town make up about 75% of the players and the mafia the other 25%.

The Mafia are small in number, but they have the advantage of knowing who each other are. The town have no idea who is who. The goal of the town is to eliminate the mafia and survive themselves and the goal of the mafia is to eliminate the town.

The game has two phases. The day phase is when everyone can talk and everyone posts trying to get a feel for who is town and who is mafia. Through the day all players vote to 'lynch' (kill) someone, obviously the goal is to eliminate the mafia.

Once the lynch has happened. The game moves into night phase. Noone posts in the game thread, however during the night phase the mafia can talk amoungst themselves and they choose someone to kill.

---------

So the game is quite strategic. The mafia are trying to blend in with the town and not do anything that gives them away as then they will be lynched. However people who are town are also worried about self-preservation too, and you can bet someone who most people have confirmed as town will be killed overnight by the mafia.

If the town is looking to lynch a mafia, do the other mafia try to orchestrate a different lynch to save them? Do they vote with the town to sacrifice the mafia to avoid suspicion? Is player x sounding like mafia because he is or because she doesn't want to be killed by the mafia overnight?

Once you get used to that then there are game modifiers, for example if you are a 'cop' you are aligned to the town, but each night you get to investigate someone and find out if they are town or mafia.

I'm happy to run a game or two for just first timers where we coach you a bit and perhaps if I can get enough regular players on board assign mentors to help guide you. It sounds more complicated than it really is setup wise and you'll quickly work it out. It really is fun and a great way to make friends here on the boards.

If your interested or have questions, post here and ill see what I can do.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lynch: Fake Passport :p

Planning to bring back and run the sequel of Contract Killer. Other than that, will be available to guide members. On other note, tried to convince @VC the slogger few weeks ago but he is less interested. :)

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Lynch: Fake Passport :p

Planning to bring back and run the sequel of Contract Killer. Other than that, will be available to guide members. On other note, tried to convince @VC the slogger few weeks ago but he is not interested. :)

Because I understood next to nothing about the rules. Will give this a read later when I'm free in the evening perhaps and then see. :thumbs

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
We already have a full fledged Mafia Games forum Mafia Games Forum - PlanetCricket Forums

My insight: It's a wonderful game, and everyone should give it a shot. If you get lynched, give it another shot.
Read the old games, and you'll know how much fun it is.
Yeah yeah... Why don't you give it a shot now? I want to settle it once and for all!

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Modi and Abhas.... still a better lovestory than twilight.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Modi v Abhas is like Ramos v Pique

High tempers but in the end way to overrated :p

Jager Bombers screwed them both in PCPL :p

Users who are viewing this thread