Mafia: Discussion, History and Waiting List Thread

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
CK and I were talking Dethy.
Essentially the problem with it is that it's not a mafia game, it's a puzzle. And most of us have figured it out.

So, we were thinking a Dethy where each night the cops keep their sanity but also get randomly assigned one of:

1. You must post your investigation after 2 others have
2. You must lie about your investigation - person or result or both
3. You must post the investigation and post truthfully
4. The mafia has spiked your medication that reverses your investigation

The medication thing would be chosen by the mafia and the cop would have no idea.

- The first one skews the ability for town to use timing as a tell ever so slightly.
- The second one just removes the puzzle just a little bit. It also gives the cop the choice of playing for themselves or for the town.
- As normal
- This flips the result for the target, so if they are Sane they would return Insane etc.

The first 3 would be claimable, with 2 able to say that they've lied, but not how...

I think this would take the puzzle a bit out of it and return it to tells and reading.

Thoughts?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
CK and I were talking Dethy.
Essentially the problem with it is that it's not a mafia game, it's a puzzle. And most of us have figured it out.

So, we were thinking a Dethy where each night the cops keep their sanity but also get randomly assigned one of:

1. You must post your investigation after 2 others have
2. You must lie about your investigation - person or result or both
3. You must post the investigation and post truthfully
4. The mafia has spiked your medication that reverses your investigation

The medication thing would be chosen by the mafia and the cop would have no idea.

- The first one skews the ability for town to use timing as a tell ever so slightly.
- The second one just removes the puzzle just a little bit. It also gives the cop the choice of playing for themselves or for the town.
- As normal
- This flips the result for the target, so if they are Sane they would return Insane etc.

The first 3 would be claimable, with 2 able to say that they've lied, but not how...

I think this would take the puzzle a bit out of it and return it to tells and reading.

Thoughts?
@PresidentEvil @LBW. @asprin @Ashutosh. interested in a rematch?

Users who are viewing this thread