ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
A database as in? Ratings for every player?
Is anyone willing to share their database for a sim? I might want to introduce a short league or two but I don't really want to go through remaking an entire database of players again.

In the past I've always used Cricsim but I'd be happy for any database

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ok, so I was trying to decompile the 1daycric.exe file, so as to get some insight into how the program was coded. While decompiling an exe file, that too coded in QuickBasic is really tough, I managed to get some information, and some surprising things.

Looking at the source code, I found some commentary lines, which I had never seen... These included
  • The ball's gone above head height, Wide Ball
  • The bowlers has bowled a bouncer again. No Ball in ODIs
  • There's a first time for everything. He raises his bat for his maiden ODI fifty.
Also, I found that except for 1daycric and testcric, there are also 2 other programs, CHECKER and TRANSFER which have there own functions.

The TRANSFER program is used to easily transfer players between two teams already created in CrickSim
The CHECKER program just shows the squad of any team.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I have just installed a new hard disk in my laptop, also installed a fresh version of Windows 10, but now CrickSim does not recognize old team files. It shows them as corrupted or invalid. I can add new teams and easily access their files though. Please help me solve this. @Yash. @Pinch hitter @Na Maloom Afraad @VC the slogger
I have not used CrickSim on Windows since 2015, so I couldn't possibly be of any help to you in this matter.

Users who are viewing this thread