Game stuttering even over 80+fps in game

Sidd Panchal

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Hi,

Does anyone have issue with cricket 19 stuttering? I have been playing cricket 19 on my laptop and game is running really smooth with over 100fps. But since cpu is running really hot (reaches close to 93C), I have installed it on my desktop. I am getting 80+fps but game is stuttering a lot. I have even downgraded my graphics to very low but same problem is happening. I have even tried verifying game on steam and reinstalling game, but issue persist.

Specs if that helps (both running at 1080p):
laptop : i7-9750H, 1660ti 6gb gpu, 16gig ram
desktop: ryzen r5 1600x, 1060 6gb gpu, 16 gig ram.

Please let me know if anyone is having same issue and found a fix.

Thanks.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
your cpu is throttling probably. 93 is pretty spicy. Have you made sure thermal paste has a solid connection with the cooler? I'd say that's your issue. There are other possibilities too.

Have you got vsync on? Perhaps the refresh rate in game isn't matching your monitor settings in windows?

What's your power supply setup? Might not be getting enough power to gpu and cpu.

If you just google high fps, stuttering in games. You'll find troves of information to help you out.

Sidd Panchal

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Thanks for reply.. I was getting 93C on my laptop where the game runs smoothly (It's funny because while playing red dead 2 on laptop i get 60-70C temp). I am having issue on desktop, and temprature on desktop is usually around 50-55C. Cant be powersupply because it is 750W gold standard.

I think you maybe right aboout monitor though, it is really old HP 60Hz panel.

Thanks, I will try your advice about VSync.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
just confirming, are you experiencing the stutter or what maybe called ghosting i.e. frames doubling off / showing dual images in one frames. One instance is when ball runs to the boundary you see a trail of balls running to the fence. 'Cause this is a BIG recurring graphics bug with this game that ruins the experience for some gamers. and it has been reported in some mid-high, low and a couple high end GPUs.

Sidd Panchal

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Sorry to update you guys. I found a fix, soo apprently cricket 19 on my desktop for some reason decided to run at 900-1000MHz clock speed. I found that out after running MSI after burner, so I boosted coreclock to 100+Mhz (around 1900Mhz) and now game is running at stable 60+C with highest setting. (Also tempratures are 58-60C for GPU and 40-55C on CPU if anyone curious).

Thank you.

PJR

School Cricketer
Stuttering solved for me by pressing Alt and Enter. Don't know why but read it elsewhere!

Kart7

School Cricketer
Same situation. Happening only since past few weeks. Game starts to stutter after a few overs, especially co-op v AI play.

It was pretty smooth earlier and have been playing ever since this game was released.
We have checked its not a network problem, as the speed and connectivity are both consistent.

Is there any solution or change in settings for this recent phenomenon? Thanks.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Same situation. Happening only since past few weeks. Game starts to stutter after a few overs, especially co-op v AI play.

It was pretty smooth earlier and have been playing ever since this game was released.
We have checked its not a network problem, as the speed and connectivity are both consistent.

Is there any solution or change in settings for this recent phenomenon? Thanks.
Turning on/off vsync seems to work when people have experienced this.

Users who are viewing this thread