Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave Ricey and I spoke I reminded him as great as he was I had put him in the 1970s League instead, Ricey was still not happy, so I assured him that when I do set new rules I will remove the one player per decade rule. He seemed disgruntled still but he took it :) There are a few that cross decades, and Rice is one of them, do you think he would be better off in the 1980s or the 1970s?

He’d fit in either but I’d associate him more with 80s and the other big all rounders. It was in the 80s he captained the Transvaal “Mean Machine” and took over the South African captaincy in the Rebel Tours.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
The Shell Shield/Red Stripe 1980s Project

The 1980s it can be argued was the greatest decade for West Indies cricket. The West Indies swept all before them and that was on the back of two World Cup triumphs in the 1970s when captain Clive Lloyd put together his destructive 4 man pace attack nd begun to rule the cricket world.

So I have created at present all of the players and teams who played in 1980-81 regional 4 competition, The Shell Shield.

Competiton is tough. There are ex World cup winners, disenchanted players soon to be branded rebels, new emergent talent who would become record breakers, regional stalwarts, exiled West indians playing county cricket, and of course more recongisable West Indian players who came "home" to play in the competion. The West Indian national players didn't play every year but in 1980-81 they were present for their regional teams.

Guyana 1980-81
Opening Pair: Fauod Bacchus and Tyronne Etwaroo won't hang around for long, especially Bacchus who is a brute! Bacchus has the talent but does he have the patience? He is however brilliant in the field!. In the shorter versions, these two may get Guyana off to a flier! Batting: Plenty of batting here with West Indies skipper, Clive Lloyd, Left hander Alvin Kallicharran and Sew Shivnarine if he can get into the team. Timur Mohammed is also at hand as is Roger Harper's brother Mark Harper. Keeper. Myton Pydanna is set to become a stalwart at keeper for the next decade. Colin Croft is at the peak of his powers and not yet a rebel, Roger Harper is a good spinner soon to join the West Indies "blackwash" squads and a superb fielder to boot, Clyde Butts will do great service and become a regional stalwart for the decade ahead. Ray Joseph is a pacer who was consistent and unlucky not to break into the West Indies, he would become yet another stalwart.

Jamaica 1980-81
Opening Pair: Richard "Danny Germs" Austin is an ex WSC player and trying to get back into the Test team as he is about to be usurped by bajan Desmond Haynes. He will soon be a rebel, he will be one of the saddest stories of the players who became rebels, however at the beginning of the decade he was an all round athelic talent. Anyone named "Shotgun" is bound to be aggressive and that describes, Basil "Shotgun" Williams. He played for West Indies as stand in during the Packer years and would go onto to captain Jamaica much to the displeasure of his critics. Everton Mattis, and Herbert Chang are soon to be rebels but anchor a strong line-up. Lawrence "Yagga" Rowe once an idol of Viv Richards, is captain and Jamaican legend, and West Indies player, soon to lead the rebel team. Marlon Tucker is seen as the future for Jamaican cricket and a future captain, espcially if he can learn from his more experienced collegues. Mark Neita is another such talent in the wings. Jeff Dujon talented young keeper soon to due to the rebel tour and his own acrobatic style of keeping soon to become a West Indies legend. Bowling: Pacer Mikey Holding leads the attack, with the dependable Clem Thompson and Junior Williams. Arthur Barret is the old warhorse spinner soon to retire a dependable leg spinner from the 1960s and 1970s soon to retire.

Trinidad 1980-81
Ane experienced Trinidad squad at the start of the decadde. Opening Pair: Richard Gabriel and Kenrick Bainey were a decent opening pair. Richard Gabriel was a stalwart throughout the 1970 and would play for the Windies ODI side winning eleven caps in the mid `980s. At the first class level neither has a batting average to boast about. Batting: Larry Gomes is the star batsman of the team. Far from flashy, he is dependable, and he is about to enter his prime years. He would go onto become the sheet anchor in the dominating Windies sides in the first half of the decade. Anmeal Raja will become a regular top order player throughout the decade. Sheldon Gomes is a reliable middle order batsman and is the brother of his more famous younger sibling Larry. Gus Logie was a sprightly 20 year old in 1980 and star on the rise. Deryck Murray had his 37th birthday in 1980 and was in the last year of his illustrious West Indies Test career. Theo Cuffy was an experienced all rounder. The ace of the Trini bowling is unquestionaly wily Rangy Nanan. Nanan was on the verge of a Test call up. The fact that Rangy, devastating in regional cricket did not get more recognition at Test level is a travesty. He was good enough as he took 366 first class wickets in his career. His off break bowling will cause any team trouble and he would be Trinidad and Tobagos goto man throughout the decade. Veteran Alec Burns was a capable fast medium allrounder near the end of his career, Alston Daniel was another veteran and his slow left arm spin at the Queen's Park Oval may prove valuable, David Audain would provide variety with his left arm fast medium pace. However it is with spin that Trinidad have the aces, in Leg break , bowler Harold Joseph. Joseph would have a decent regional career and would prove to be an economical option. Raphick Jumadeen had played for West Indies and in 1980 at age 32, had to wonder if his best days were beind him

Barbados 1980-81
It does not get better than Gordon Greenidge now well established in the West Indies squad and Desmond Haynes who had begun to edge his own competition to one side. To back up the pair there is another Greendige in Alvin Greenidge, who would find no way past the pair and within two seasons would become a rebel. Barbados had a number of talented batsmen, but not quite in the class of some of their masters of the past, but Emerson Trottman, Thelston Payne and the exciting allrounder, Collis King can put some solid runs on the board and are backed up by the Reifer brothers, Leslie and George. Barbados boast possibly the greatest wicketkeeper in the world at this point in David Murray. Murray was on the verge of taking over from his more famous namesake Derek Murray. The bajan had the world at his feet in 1980, he is also the son of the great Everton Weekes. David Murray's world would unravel aftre the rebel tour but lets see if he can be part of happier times in 1980 and help Barbados win a Shell Shield title. What a conveyor belt of bowlers Barbados produced at this time. World class bowlers to be at every turn. It almost seems unfair! Malcolm Marshall, Joel Garner, Wayne Daniel, Sylvester Clarke, Hartley Alleyne, and the spin of the tall captain Albert Padmore.

Combined Islands 1980-81

An abundance of talent in this squad, led in batting by Viv Richards and in bowling by Andy Roberts. Besides Richards, there is the captain Irving Shillingford a leading player in the region in the 1970s along with Jim Allen who played for the West Indies in the Packer World Series but not for the West Indies. The were some solid opening batsmen too in Luther Kelly a hard hitting local legend, and backed up Enoch Lewis and Lance John. In the keeping positions there was Ingatious Cadette and wicketkeeper batsman Shirlon Williams, and in the spin department there was Derek Parry and the consistent Noel Guishard. Roberts leads the pace attack with another speedster who would make his name on the international stage in Winston Davis.

I created a six team mini tournament. As Combined Islands split into Windwards and Leewards in the 1981-82 season I have included Amorosa Sri Lanka as the 6th team, invited. For the record in my tournament, Lawrence Rowes Jamaica made the final against Clive Lloyds Guyana. At the moment Jamaica are at bat and are 6-1. Richard Austin nicked one off Croft to be out in the first over.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded the 5 teams for the 1980-81 Shell Shield season. IRL they played each other once. In 1980-81 the winners were the Combined islands, inspired by Viv Richards. It would be the last time the Windwards/Leedwards would be together as the Combined Islands.

Uploaded - Jamaica 1980 -81, Trinidad 1980-81, Barbados 1980-81, Guyana 1980-81, Combined Islands 1980-81

ID: Mouseydread

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded 6 more teams to represent the All 1980s Decade Teams of Regional Cricket in the West Indies.

Trinidad 1980s, Barbados 1980s, Guyana 1980s, Jamaica 1980s, Windwards Islands 1980s, Leeward Islands 1980s.

Now this is where the depth of West Indian Cricket was, I have mined as many of the key players about 98% that played in that decade.

Some of the late 1980s players who would become stalwarts in the 1990s are here too, but not necessarily picked in the first eleven. Eg. Brian Lara is in Trinidad but became part of the team in the last two seasons. On the other hand there are others who made their debut as schoolboys for their national side that played alongside Lara in the 90s who do make their first elevens, like Courtney Walsh.

Some of the pace talent that didnt make it is frightening! If you don't know look up Tony Grey, Tony Merrick, Roddy Eastwick, Ricardo Ellcock, and throw in "rebels" Syvester Clarke, Ezra Mosely, Hartley Alleyne, and one of the best allrounders of the 1980s Franklyn Stephenson.

It was an era that seems to be on the bubble again, West Indies have a current generation of players who are world famous for T20 and with more regional cricket exposure on you tube, and BT Sport, and podcasts, there is a sense that not only T20 but one day and first class is on the up.

I hope if you ever use the teams and even if you don't that you look up some of these talented players, take a bow,

Andrew Lyght, Milton Pydanna, Andrew Jackman, Ray Joseph, Mark Neita, Robert Haynes, Emerson Trottman, Clem Thompson, George Powell, thelston Payne, Arthur Barret, Marlon Tucker, Jim Allen, Victor Eddy, Noel Guishard, Ralston Otto, Ganesh Mahabir, Rangy Nanan, Luther Kelly,Harold Joseph, Theo Cuffy, Lance John, Lockhart Sebastien, Dawley Joseph and the beautifully named Ignatious Cadette.

A few playfaces lifted from @blockerdave rebel collection.

Enjoy!

ID Mouseydread

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1980-81 Touring side to the West Indies.

I actually saw this team play as a boy at Sabina Park and can remember as if yesterday, Graham Dilley blond hair running in with his high exaggerated leg kick and seeing Geoff Boycott bowl with his cap turned around on his head. Another thing that stuck out was Paul Downton would place a helmet behind the stumps. I asked at the time what for and no one was able to adequately explain except if the ball hit it it would be four runs. I can't remember Roland Butcher in the game although I saw him and know he was the first black man who played for England.

This was also the tour that saw Bob Willis retire early in the tour and go home and they replaced him with Robin Jackman! Talk about a weird decision, this at a time when the South Afirca controversy was at it;s height. Jackman, if I can recall was not allowed to enter Guyana because he was married to a South African! The test I think was called off. Sadly I recall the death of the great Ken Barrington who if my memory serves was the tour manager. The locals as I can remember were fascinated with Gooch and Gower and really rated them highly at Sabina and if I remember rightly this is the tour when Holding knocked over Boycott in a legendary opening over in Barbados. ( I listened to that with glee on my transistor radio in Kingston).

Still I got to see my heros from West Indies and England so I will allways remember those boys. Botham was only months away from his incredible redemption.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks mate for the hard work and effort. Enjoy playing the old teams once in a while.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Thanks mate for the hard work and effort. Enjoy playing the old teams once in a while.
Your welcome! I cant wait for the new game tho. I will be fond of Cricket 19 as I've done more editing in this version that previous versions and completed my main project which was the Test Project by decade for each country. Funny having said that I forgot to do Pakistan 2010s but did do a Pakistan 2012 team. So may fix that. The Shell Shield project is one I always wanted to do.

I can still upload all the seasons as well throughout the 80s but for now just want to actually play the game! I still cant bat!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded "India Overlooked"

Inspired by an article on CricInfo, I've put together 19 players that could have played for India. I had always wanted to find a home for two of India' finest spinners. Rajinder Goel and Padmakar Shivalkar. These two spinners excelled in domestic cricket, however could find no place in the India team of that era, how could they break into the classic spin quartet of Prasana, Chadra, Bishen Bedi and Venkat?

Also Amol Muzumdar needs a home, an excellent player, but how do you break into an era well served by Azharuddin, Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, and VVS Laxman? On an interesting note I was able to include the son of the Nawab of Patuadi Jr, and grandson of Nawab of Pataudi Sr, in Saad Jung. Interesting stories in how they were unable to break into India's test team, perhaps the most unlucky being paceman Pandurang Salgaoncar who despite raw pace and domestic success never got picked for the Test side.

Thanks for the original bat, uniform, logo, stadium makers! and to the creator of Muzumdar who base I used. Not sure who probaly @blockerdave

Enjoy!

ID Mouseydread.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1960-61. This side played a legendary series at home against Sir Frank Worrell's vibrant West Indies side. Australia won the series 2-1 and the series is well noted for attacking play from both sides, of course it included the first famous tied Test. There is a famous You Tube documentary called "Calypso Summer" about that series.

This was a Australian side, led by the incomparable Richie Benaud. Benaud was an astute leader on an off the field, and more than two cricket generations later grew up to him broadcasting on the TV. Another player who would make his own mark as a coach of the famour 1990s Australians, Bobby Simpson opens with the dependable Colin McDonald, the batting has the talented Norman O'Neil and the legendary left hander Neil Harvey who was at the end of his career. Peter Burge and Les Favell add some further power and there was always the redoubtable Ken "Slasher" Mackay, a man Benaud would turn to in crisis.

The bowling was in the hands of the metronome, all rounder and left hander, Alan Davidson. Davidson would carry this attack working with left armer Ian Meckiff, and left arm orthadox Lindsay Kline. Kline, Grout, Meckiff,Davidson and Benaud would play their part in the tied test in almost unbelievable circumstances.

The keeping was in the hands of the excellent Wally Grout. Many of these players are in the Australia 1950s or 1960s team so if you have those teams then you have most of the players, if not they are in this squad.

Both 1960-61 squads are up on the academy. This I feel is an ideal series to make scenarios from. The matches were nailbiters!

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
The Shell Shield/Red Stripe 1980s Project

The 1980s it can be argued was the greatest decade for West Indies cricket. The West Indies swept all before them and that was on the back of two World Cup triumphs in the 1970s when captain Clive Lloyd put together his destructive 4 man pace attack nd begun to rule the cricket world.

So I have created at present all of the players and teams who played in 1980-81 regional 4 competition, The Shell Shield.

Competiton is tough. There are ex World cup winners, disenchanted players soon to be branded rebels, new emergent talent who would become record breakers, regional stalwarts, exiled West indians playing county cricket, and of course more recongisable West Indian players who came "home" to play in the competion. The West Indian national players didn't play every year but in 1980-81 they were present for their regional teams.

Guyana 1980-81
Opening Pair: Fauod Bacchus and Tyronne Etwaroo won't hang around for long, especially Bacchus who is a brute! Bacchus has the talent but does he have the patience? He is however brilliant in the field!. In the shorter versions, these two may get Guyana off to a flier! Batting: Plenty of batting here with West Indies skipper, Clive Lloyd, Left hander Alvin Kallicharran and Sew Shivnarine if he can get into the team. Timur Mohammed is also at hand as is Roger Harper's brother Mark Harper. Keeper. Myton Pydanna is set to become a stalwart at keeper for the next decade. Colin Croft is at the peak of his powers and not yet a rebel, Roger Harper is a good spinner soon to join the West Indies "blackwash" squads and a superb fielder to boot, Clyde Butts will do great service and become a regional stalwart for the decade ahead. Ray Joseph is a pacer who was consistent and unlucky not to break into the West Indies, he would become yet another stalwart.

Jamaica 1980-81
Opening Pair: Richard "Danny Germs" Austin is an ex WSC player and trying to get back into the Test team as he is about to be usurped by bajan Desmond Haynes. He will soon be a rebel, he will be one of the saddest stories of the players who became rebels, however at the beginning of the decade he was an all round athelic talent. Anyone named "Shotgun" is bound to be aggressive and that describes, Basil "Shotgun" Williams. He played for West Indies as stand in during the Packer years and would go onto to captain Jamaica much to the displeasure of his critics. Everton Mattis, and Herbert Chang are soon to be rebels but anchor a strong line-up. Lawrence "Yagga" Rowe once an idol of Viv Richards, is captain and Jamaican legend, and West Indies player, soon to lead the rebel team. Marlon Tucker is seen as the future for Jamaican cricket and a future captain, espcially if he can learn from his more experienced collegues. Mark Neita is another such talent in the wings. Jeff Dujon talented young keeper soon to due to the rebel tour and his own acrobatic style of keeping soon to become a West Indies legend. Bowling: Pacer Mikey Holding leads the attack, with the dependable Clem Thompson and Junior Williams. Arthur Barret is the old warhorse spinner soon to retire a dependable leg spinner from the 1960s and 1970s soon to retire.

Trinidad 1980-81
Ane experienced Trinidad squad at the start of the decadde. Opening Pair: Richard Gabriel and Kenrick Bainey were a decent opening pair. Richard Gabriel was a stalwart throughout the 1970 and would play for the Windies ODI side winning eleven caps in the mid `980s. At the first class level neither has a batting average to boast about. Batting: Larry Gomes is the star batsman of the team. Far from flashy, he is dependable, and he is about to enter his prime years. He would go onto become the sheet anchor in the dominating Windies sides in the first half of the decade. Anmeal Raja will become a regular top order player throughout the decade. Sheldon Gomes is a reliable middle order batsman and is the brother of his more famous younger sibling Larry. Gus Logie was a sprightly 20 year old in 1980 and star on the rise. Deryck Murray had his 37th birthday in 1980 and was in the last year of his illustrious West Indies Test career. Theo Cuffy was an experienced all rounder. The ace of the Trini bowling is unquestionaly wily Rangy Nanan. Nanan was on the verge of a Test call up. The fact that Rangy, devastating in regional cricket did not get more recognition at Test level is a travesty. He was good enough as he took 366 first class wickets in his career. His off break bowling will cause any team trouble and he would be Trinidad and Tobagos goto man throughout the decade. Veteran Alec Burns was a capable fast medium allrounder near the end of his career, Alston Daniel was another veteran and his slow left arm spin at the Queen's Park Oval may prove valuable, David Audain would provide variety with his left arm fast medium pace. However it is with spin that Trinidad have the aces, in Leg break , bowler Harold Joseph. Joseph would have a decent regional career and would prove to be an economical option. Raphick Jumadeen had played for West Indies and in 1980 at age 32, had to wonder if his best days were beind him

Barbados 1980-81
It does not get better than Gordon Greenidge now well established in the West Indies squad and Desmond Haynes who had begun to edge his own competition to one side. To back up the pair there is another Greendige in Alvin Greenidge, who would find no way past the pair and within two seasons would become a rebel. Barbados had a number of talented batsmen, but not quite in the class of some of their masters of the past, but Emerson Trottman, Thelston Payne and the exciting allrounder, Collis King can put some solid runs on the board and are backed up by the Reifer brothers, Leslie and George. Barbados boast possibly the greatest wicketkeeper in the world at this point in David Murray. Murray was on the verge of taking over from his more famous namesake Derek Murray. The bajan had the world at his feet in 1980, he is also the son of the great Everton Weekes. David Murray's world would unravel aftre the rebel tour but lets see if he can be part of happier times in 1980 and help Barbados win a Shell Shield title. What a conveyor belt of bowlers Barbados produced at this time. World class bowlers to be at every turn. It almost seems unfair! Malcolm Marshall, Joel Garner, Wayne Daniel, Sylvester Clarke, Hartley Alleyne, and the spin of the tall captain Albert Padmore.

Combined Islands 1980-81

An abundance of talent in this squad, led in batting by Viv Richards and in bowling by Andy Roberts. Besides Richards, there is the captain Irving Shillingford a leading player in the region in the 1970s along with Jim Allen who played for the West Indies in the Packer World Series but not for the West Indies. The were some solid opening batsmen too in Luther Kelly a hard hitting local legend, and backed up Enoch Lewis and Lance John. In the keeping positions there was Ingatious Cadette and wicketkeeper batsman Shirlon Williams, and in the spin department there was Derek Parry and the consistent Noel Guishard. Roberts leads the pace attack with another speedster who would make his name on the international stage in Winston Davis.

I created a six team mini tournament. As Combined Islands split into Windwards and Leewards in the 1981-82 season I have included Amorosa Sri Lanka as the 6th team, invited. For the record in my tournament, Lawrence Rowes Jamaica made the final against Clive Lloyds Guyana. At the moment Jamaica are at bat and are 6-1. Richard Austin nicked one off Croft to be out in the first over.
Mousey, did you create logos for these as well?

Users who are viewing this thread