ICC Fixture Editor (Now Supports 2016)

lojoda

School Cricketer
MCC, 00A7
I can open fix20, fix21 and fix40, but not fix22, fix23, fix24 or fix25. Also do you know how setting the most for a world t20, world cup, or tri series works, I cant see anything clearly showing this. The bit that says Derbyshire T20 randomly seems to be in the knockout stages of all tournaments, it says TBD in the away team of some knockout matches as well. I cant think how to get around this problem though other than having the same names for English counties whatever the format, like other countries. Also it takes a long time to load the team drop down boxes, but I guess nothing can be changed about this.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I can open fix20, fix21 and fix40, but not fix22, fix23, fix24 or fix25

I'll look into this.

do you know how setting the most for a world t20, world cup, or tri series works, I cant see anything clearly showing this.

Do you mean the host? No, I don't know. It could be specified somewhere near the first match in the series, or perhaps somewhere in the big lump of data at the end of the file.

The bit that says Derbyshire T20 randomly seems to be in the knockout stages of all tournaments

Yeah, I think this is due to some change in the file format. I haven't figured it out yet.

I cant think how to get around this problem though other than having the same names for English counties whatever the format, like other countries.

I don't follow how this would help.

Also it takes a long time to load the team drop down boxes, but I guess nothing can be changed about this.

This will be fixed later.

muzzys

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there a rough date when the fixture editor will be released?
Really looking forward to it as i feel its needed in the game as the current fixture schedule becomes stale and boring.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is there a rough date when the fixture editor will be released?
Really looking forward to it as i feel its needed in the game as the current fixture schedule becomes stale and boring.

Currently, a release is not looking likely. If you can provide any help as requested in my earlier post, then it may eventually be possible.

If anyone wants to go a step further and help to figure out any of the major issues (such as start date in the Indian league and the erroneous appearances of "Derbyshire T20"), then a release would be much more likely.

muzzys

School Cricketer
I dont think i would be much help, i dont have a clue about coding or anything like that , the fixture editor seemed to work fine apart from the dropdown box when you select the teams, could this not be fixed?

muzzys

School Cricketer
Is there any updates, are we any closer to the fixture editor being fixed?

sbroot

School Cricketer
isura pls reupload the fixture editor pls.And tell us about ur game.

Last edited:

muzzys

School Cricketer
We need a fixture editor! The current fixture schedule gets stale. Hope more users show interest so this project can get complete.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@muzzys @sbroot @lojoda I'm not sure if anyone is still interested, but I have been doing some work on the Fixture Editor again for Cricket Captain 2021. There were some quite significant updates to the fixture formats, but it seems like it is mostly working now:

1643477644375.png

I can at least load all the fixture files (fix21.fxt - fix41.fxt, int21.fxt - int41.fxt, sc1.fxt - sc9.fxt and sc101.fxt - sc103.fxt) without the Fixture Editor crashing. I have added 286 team names so far, but there are still quite a lot of domestic teams missing (mostly in South Africa and West Indies).

If you want to try it out, please download it and let me know what issues you discover. I can still see "Derbyshire T20" appearing in a few places it shouldn't, but I plan to fix that next.

I have forked Isura's code repository here, in case anyone wants access to the source code. Due to the changes in the fixture formats, none of the old versions of Cricket Captain are supported (you will have to download the old Fixture Editor separately).

Attachments

• Fixtures.zip
    100.1 KB · Views: 37

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
While doing this, I also figured out how to edit the match venues. I updated the information here to include this. I will try to integrate this into the Fixture Editor soon. However, it looks like there are hundreds of venues and currently no easy way to find out what their codes are.

I figured out the first few by editing the fixture files then creating new games, but this was incredibly slow:

Code:
Lords (North London),0001
Edgbaston (Birmingham),0002
Headingley (Leeds),0003
The Oval (South London),0004
Trent Bridge (Nottingham),0005
Old Trafford (Manchester),0006
Rose Bowl (Southampton),0007
Sophia Gardens (Cardiff),0008
Chester-le-Street (Durham),0009
Derby,000A
The Grange (Edinburgh),000B
Chelmsford (Essex),000C
Bristol,000D

I will try to find a way of scraping out this information automatically, otherwise it'll take forever.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
It looks like there are only 151 venues, so I managed to get by with a sort of semi-automated hack to find all the codes. I have uploaded them here (but I have not added venue editing to the Fixture Editor yet).

muzzys

School Cricketer
Any news on when this fixture editor will be made available for the 2022 version?

Users who are viewing this thread