Draft: The All-Time One-Day Draft

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:wi::ar:Gary Sobers for the sheer versatility he brings to the table. This draft could go long with 204 players potentially being picked and I want someone who could cover all bases. Three styles of bowling, a fine fielder who could fill any role and an elegant, solid batsman with sheer aggressive power to go big when needed is what Sobers can offer. Some of the finest talents of his era had similar List A averages to him indicating the difficulty of batting in the early days of OD cricket. Sobers is one of those few players however who can transcend any era and not look out of place as a world-class athlete if he were to play even today.

His style of starting steadily and then settling in for the big shots at the end would easily be tailor-made for the modern number four role. This is where he shall play in my XI as of now and he shall also be someone who can bowl all ten overs with the ball, frequently mixing up his style depending on the need of the hour.

@CerealKiller (probably won't be surprised by your pick :p)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
1623320195059.png

Joel Garner

Bowling VARP (seam): :up: 98.26%
(thanks @Aislabie )

Always my first pick in an ODI draft, no matter how much I praise this guy's bowling in ODI cricket, it's still less compared to how good he was. Taking 146 wickets at an average of 18 and an economy of 3.04, he was a beast. And even when his greatest contemporaries averaged over 28 and leaked runs at almost 4 runs per over, he was a class apart.

@mohsin7827

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Some great picks already. It will be fun to follow this draft.

mohsin7827

International Cricketer
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
6. MS Dhoni

If Beven is the pioneer of finishing the matches in ODI, MS has carried forward the trend.
He will be my finisher.
And he certainly possess some other valuable traits which are bonus.

@ddrap14

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
THREE
DRAFTS
IN
A
ROW
tenor.gif

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
CerealKiller's XI
1. :aus: Don Bradman :bat:

@AsadRM

Yeah my biggest conundrum was whether I should have opted for him over Sobers. Ultimately felt that the pre-ODI era has one too many interesting options. And I share @Aislabie's surprise in that it took so long for someone to pick him, maybe people weren't that aware of the rule? :spy

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Since I STILL CAN'T HAVE MY BLOODY EXPRESS BOWLER, I'm going to select Shaun Pollock because a) he can bat, b) he can bowl, c) he can captain and d) his VARP is a bit bonkers.

@Parth D

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Since I STILL CAN'T HAVE MY BLOODY EXPRESS BOWLER, I'm going to select Shaun Pollock because a) he can bat, b) he can bowl, c) he can captain and d) his VARP is a bit bonkers.
You're not wrong; :up:49.04% as a lower-order batsman (7-8) and :up:70.52% as a seam bowler

Users who are viewing this thread