Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Gjweavr should have played the game instead of IGN. His followers are so wholesome.

From the IGN video, I liked how fast the loading is, lighting and how batsman is maintaining eye contact with the ball. Career mode looks promising with different things to do. I am wondering whether they still have star career mode. Star career mode is my favourite thing to play.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Gjweavr should have played the game instead of IGN. His followers are so wholesome.

From the IGN video, I liked how fast the loading is, lighting and how batsman is maintaining eye contact with the ball. Career mode looks promising with different things to do. I am wondering whether they still have star career mode. Star career mode is my favourite thing to play.
Thanks mate! I agree. Or don't let IGN play the game without the Day1 patch. I would have been really content with just the career mode stuff they had shown at the beginning as a teaser.

Last edited:

mohsin.gamer33

School Cricketer
Shots animation's are fluid Commentary little we heared is fantastic . Career looks fun about graphics they have definitely used photo realism technology looks good . ( Don't expect graphics to be like fifa 22) arcade controls are actually good for 6 to 14 year kids I hope online will be good too 6 more days

swagat das

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game looks good... We can see the video is recorded on 24 of this month. So it's the same that we all will get. Day 0/1 patch whatever BA call will be crucial. Some of the main thing to fix is crowd animation is little bit laggy and in replay there is issue as well. Love to see the crowd is less in club matches in career mode. May be people are complaining about graphics because of lighting changes. But the output we will get will be good as we have seen in nets as well.
Post automatically merged:

I think ross said that there are other bowling animations that they captured from other teams as well. Waiting for that

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Will say though and most of my thoughts I’ll keep to myself but…

Broad and Hazlewoods actions need some love.
I’d be tempted not to even play Broad so I don’t need to see it haha.

And IGN or no IGN I’m disappointed the replays arnt fixed. That’s the exact same issue as 19 had which seems odd.

Also clear from that video that commentary is shite as ever (Gower saying that could barely be wide to one a mile down leg in a short format, Athers banging on about line and length in a 5/5), and the keepers are just as unresponsive as before

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
he said after releasing last patch for Tennis world tour which is April 2021..I own the game.
To be frank and keep ego aside ,These bowling animations are joke.you just see Ashes cricket 2013 now and you realize similaries with Cricket 22 bowling animations .Cricket 19 was way ahead in animations.I can not comment on gameplay watching a 50 minute video but graphics are downgrade.
Fairly sure from watching the Mike Merren interview with @passwordistaco, that they started working on 22 as soon as 19 was ‘out’. It’s been a few days since I watched it, but I’m sure he said that they had a team on it while others worked on patches for 19. Agree with the long sleeves, also a bugbear for me, but easily fixed/could already be patched. Think they said there was a ‘day zero’ patch, so little fixes are still being applied. Failing that, don’t you worry about it and just crack on with 19

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fairly sure from watching the Mike Merren interview with @passwordistaco, that they started working on 22 as soon as 19 was ‘out’. It’s been a few days since I watched it, but I’m sure he said that they had a team on it while others worked on patches for 19. Agree with the long sleeves, also a bugbear for me, but easily fixed/could already be patched. Think they said there was a ‘day zero’ patch, so little fixes are still being applied. Failing that, don’t you worry about it and just crack on with 19

Yes They say 18 month before they started development

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I'm sure this will be a pain for Ross and team. Wish ps had a similar rogue release too.
Someone else said it's preloading in XBOX. Or he might have somehow got hold of a physical copy and playing it. If thats not the case, XBOX guys can play it 5 days prior to the game if they have it pre-ordered... Uhm, this year can never get better, can it?

Sepulchasm

Club Cricketer
Someone else said it's preloading in XBOX. Or he might have somehow got hold of a physical copy and playing it. If thats not the case, XBOX guys can play it 5 days prior to the game if they have it pre-ordered... Uhm, this year can never get better, can it?
My Xbox download preorder copy is currently doing the 40+gb update as well.

Users who are viewing this thread