Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah I seem some gameplay on the Xbox and though im so impatient to play the game its better to wait i always played BBC 14 , 17 Ashes Cricket and Cricket 19 on X box . Is it better to play on PS i mean the controls as the thumb sticks are smaller then the Xbox and less bulky r doesn't it matter. Also with the New Zealand cricket team not patched yet until the 2nd i also hope as they will be licensed then that they have the Other New Zealand stadiums like Christchurch Napier Hamilton Dunedin. Looking forward to the new career mode the new runout system and though a small thing hoping they Update the DRS number of reviews per Test from 2 to 3 reviews for tests and from 1 to 2 reviews for ODI'S etc. it does look a good game though it has many flaws hopefully the patch will correct some of these. And maybe later the fielding can be improved because of course that is ridiculous in Cricket 19 run to the ball then running away from it so slow running after the ball loopy throws etc. oh well here is 6 more sleeps and then 2nd December launch day

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Is it that hard these days for a developer to release a game that isn't riddled with bugs? Surely they have people testing the game before release.

I'll reserve judgement on the game until its properly released and patched. I'll then trust the judgement of this forum as to why I part with my money on it. I can't say I'm wowed by some of the things I've seen today but at the moment I'll give BA the benefit of the doubt.

I've always said anyway that I have a nagging concern that the priority for BA on this was new modes, animations and licenses rather than fixing important aspects of the game of cricket. I hope to be proved wrong...

But if the fielding remains as it has been in the trailers, there are still no outfield catches in tests and balls constantly fly over the keeper for byes (see how close Buttler is for a catch in the trailer) then that is incompetence of the highest order and frankly unforgivable really.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Is it that hard these days for a developer to release a game that isn't riddled with bugs? Surely they have people testing the game before release.

I'll reserve judgement on the game until its properly released and patched. I'll then trust the judgement of this forum as to why I part with my money on it. I can't say I'm wowed by some of the things I've seen today but at the moment I'll give BA the benefit of the doubt.

I've always said anyway that I have a nagging concern that the priority for BA on this was new modes, animations and licenses rather than fixing important aspects of the game of cricket. I hope to be proved wrong...

But if the fielding remains as it has been in the trailers, there are still no outfield catches in tests and balls constantly fly over the keeper for byes (see how close Buttler is for a catch in the trailer) then that is incompetence of the highest order and frankly unforgivable really.
I agree it’s surprising the base game is so poor without the patch - like, shouldn’t it be a bit more complete? - but equally they haven’t released it yet so I guess it’s hard to accuse them of releasing a bug riddled game

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I agree it’s surprising the base game is so poor without the patch - like, shouldn’t it be a bit more complete? - but equally they haven’t released it yet so I guess it’s hard to accuse them of releasing a bug riddled game
Also, to the folk asking the "how much can a day 1 patch do" question, I don't imagine there's any way of knowing how old a build is being played.

It could be that the version submitted to MS/Sony/Steam for download that people have accessed was from weeks ago.

At that point it's likely that work stopped on the "base" game and started on the patch. It could be even longer than that, yet folk are still acting like the writing is on the wall for Cricket 22.

Opinions are being formed on something that users were probably never even meant to play.

It's like looking at a painting that's two thirds completed, but using a kaleidoscope to do it as well, then deciding it's crap.

Blows my mind!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For PlayStation Users, waiting for the game to get back to the store:

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
some info wrt stadiums
Hi, thanks for the information on stadiums. Just a quick question, what about Sydney Showground, Metricon, SCG or any other new AUS stadia for that matter? Are there any new licenced NZ stadia?

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Let's wait for the game to be released and day 1 patch to be included then we can come to an conclusion about the game I see too many people complaining now... Just wait this is not final version

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So after playing this pre-released game for 2 hours straight, I HAD SUPER FUN! This is heaps and bound abover Cricket 19. Even though there are certain bugs as expected since the Day 1 patch is not there, I AM IN LOVE with this game.

The UI seems so good, the animations feel good. I played a 3 day game where I had nicks, edges flying, inside edges. The five 5 had some seriously nice shots that AI have never played before. The below shot has sold me the game completely. Again do not have more opinions as its not fair on BigAnt since the game has not released.

Cannot wait for the patch on 2nd and hours of gaming.

1637981362945.png

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

I will tell you one thing from my limited knowledge. There are two many variables to be kept in mind for a game like cricket. For example the bowler, his run up, bowling action, batsman, his position, his shot, footwork, keeper movement, field positions, fielder movement based on the direction of the shot are the minimum variables that comes into play in every ball bowled. On top of this there is the AI (we don't know how much it can think human like) and then the pitch and other factors.

At times what happens is that when one of the variable is corrected the updated code could impact an other aspect which is not intended.

Yes, the developers should be able to fix it gives the time they have worked on it. Whenever game developers try for an update they keep that build speerate with the current functional one. If the new one after the update if is weaker gameplay than the previous build they will stick to the previous one itself. Some issues may take a longer time than we think to be debugged without impacting other aspects of the game.

Not justifying the issues in the game. Just sharing the perpestive.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
So after playing this pre-released game for 2 hours straight, I HAD SUPER FUN! This is heaps and bound abover Cricket 19. Even though there are certain bugs as expected since the Day 1 patch is not there, I AM IN LOVE with this game.

The UI seems so good, the animations feel good. I played a 3 day game where I had nicks, edges flying, inside edges. The five 5 had some seriously nice shots that AI have never played before. The below shot has sold me the game completely. Again do not have more opinions as its not fair on BigAnt since the game has not released.

Cannot wait for the patch on 2nd and hours of gaming.

View attachment 258214
This is the post of the week for me. Feel so happy. Enjoy, buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread