Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Regarding Graphics/visuals the moans will be there for other users outside this forum because a no of users playing the game do go for the aesthetics/cosmetics i.e. the overall looks of the game than the actual gameplay.

Also Big Ant wants to capture a larger/newer audience into the game by bringing in new set of controls arcade and stuff but for most them to lure into game the visuals has to be better than what it is presented so far be it nets gameplay, Day 0 patch, IGN gameplay etc.

The visuals are definitely subpar compared to that from cricket 19 what we have seen so far be it from the official screenshots presented or the early release gameplay - the white textures of the jerseys,the player models,the hair physics and even the general lighting which seems a bit odd.

Regardless to how much better it is in the Day 1 patch the game if the target was to get newer audience or get more casual players playing the game things have not started well or received well with those audience with this early fiasco.

As an Existing user who played all of BA cricket games since DBC14 things have always got better with patches and the gameplay changes are significant over the years.

In terms of gameplay having played nets on steam and watching streams things have improved a lot in batting with new shot animations and better defensive strokes but come the December 2nd with Day 1 patch would be ideal time to overall give an honest review/initial of the game after experiencing it on hands.
No , it was a group of pirates moaning intentionally to create negative publicity and false propaganda against the game. Because they haven't liked the pricing. Game is improved from cricket 19 obviously. There are bugs expected in unpatched build, and could be fixed in patches. Ofcourse my pre-order cancelled and refunded by Sony.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Guys just an open question. For those who pre-ordered the game in PSN and got it auto downloaded when it allowed, do I/we have to delete the downloaded game and re-download once after purchasing or just leave the downloaded game as is but just purchase it to access it? What would you suggest?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I have seen in a video today stream that batting mid camera , ball is invisible after crossing the batter. It's same issue in C19. Hope it's fixed in day 1 patch

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Guys just an open question. For those who pre-ordered the game in PSN and got it auto downloaded when it allowed, do I/we have to delete the downloaded game and re-download once after purchasing or just leave the downloaded game as is but just purchase it to access it? What would you suggest?
I deleted it because I wanted to have a fresh install. Wasn't sure when they put the game up again, if it would re-allow access to the previous downloaded version. I deleted the game and the nets. Will buy again once it is back up on the store.

waugh machine

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
After much umming and aahing I decided to purchase today on Steam, fact is if we don't support games like this there will be no more. Doesn't mean we should eat shit and put up with sub-standard games, but I reckon this one is gonna be alright.

I hope. :D

zayno

Club Captain
im unable to pre order on the xbox store - its says the pre order bundle is not available at this time. Can we no longer pre order on xbox store ?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Had a blast playing a full T20. So far I have lost all 3 matches I have played. Played as Ireland vs West Indies at Brian Lara stadium. I am in love with the overlay. Simplistic and yet so powerful. Reserving my negative thoughts for after the game releases.

View attachment 258317
Same here but most good thing is match difficulty new settings which i set HARD ( thats other that your custom difficulty slider).
AI more challenging and aware about rpo situation in HARD match difficulty. Thats something awesome

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Utter waste of time analysing this its so old and not representitve of the game at all.Feel for big ant that this has happened.Don't really understand why there are physical discs anymore anyway.After putting it in the xbox it then downloads most of the game anyway and you have to make sure you have the disc in before you can play the game.

Well a physical disc cost me £8 less than the digital copy. When I’m done I’ll send it’ll off for a couple of quid back so a £10 saving.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Fair enough uk gets ripped off all over the place they think euros and £ are worth same game cost 39.99 both in euros and pounds on steam.This happens quite a lot.
Yeah and Xbox store doesn’t really discount for a long time. Cant shop around, partly why the Series X is like gold dust I’m the UK But you can get a series S.

Hanav Baxi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
It's evident that, the version of the game IGN played was more polished and the real identity of the game. The gameplay videos that we have been watching since past 2 days, apart from the IGN one, are all crap.
I compared not only the player physics but gameplay as well. The shitty outfield fielding that we have seen in such gameplay videos, were not the case in IGN one. The agility of fielders and the way fielders ran to chase the ball is a lot improved in the IGN's video.

Attachments

• 20211128_155014-COLLAGE.jpg
    20211128_155014-COLLAGE.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20211128_155044-COLLAGE.jpg
    20211128_155044-COLLAGE.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20211128_150918-COLLAGE.jpg
    20211128_150918-COLLAGE.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20211128_153249-COLLAGE.jpg
    20211128_153249-COLLAGE.jpg