Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Figured a way to effectively get boundaries on off side with drives and cuts. Ball bounce and shot force sliders upped to 80 each :(
Yeah batting is tedious and I don't get it. I also played AUSvWI and I barely got any boundaries through offside in the 40 overs I batted but the on the other hand I loaded up a game with me as SRLvWI and I was hitting boundaries all over the place however my batsmen was about 4ft away from leg stump (I wanted the CPU to bowl me to see spring stumps in action).

So I'm not sure if the ball has to be really far from you to get it through the gap or what because I hit three 4s in a row at one point and if that is the case it shouldn't be because not all 4s come from a wide delivery irl

This is the confusing part for me. I'm having a very similar experience as you where the ball goes to a few select spots in the field on the off side (e.g., Cover or Point) and if there's a fielder placed there, the only option to hit the boundary is through the gap between mid off and cover fielder. But we're seeing other who apparently are having a different experience where they don't seem to be facing similar challenges.

Also we're seeing different things. Lot of folks are suggesting ball bounce to be lowered (around 30) for an optimal experience whereas in @Harigoks' case ball bounce up to 80 leads to a better experience. Same with @Punk_Sk8r having to bat way outside leg in order to hit the boundary on the off side. This leads me to believe whether there are multiple versions of the game available. In my case when I go to credits I see the version displayed as vLocal along with my psn id. I had a version no. with '1.bunch of zeros and a number' but after a patch a few days ago, 'vLocal' is the version I see. I tried to check if the version I have is the latest version and I'm getting the message that the application I've installed is the latest version. Very weird state of affairs, and no closer to solving the problem.

Nigel Jones

School Cricketer
To throw to bowler hold R1 then throw
I pressed that and the cross came up and the circle at the same time, as I say I did try to start the tutorial but it kept crashing, ive already sent 2 tickets to Big Ant Support reporting issues.

MistaaSingh

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Same message here, I've never downloaded anything on C22 so idk how it's full. Another bug I assume.
It only shows up when yoh hit quick download button but the playfaces are not downloading so even if you download the player you will see a face without eyebrows. I guess this needs to be patched

wasbir2000

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Same message here, I've never downloaded anything on C22 so idk how it's full. Another bug I assume.
same with me, never downloaded any playface but still getting error. If anyone knows any work around please suggest.

I mean this half-cooked game is turning out to be waste of money.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Just played C19. I'm so frustrated that I can hit all 6 balls for 4 on off side, lol. If the off side play is not fixed, I'll put this game to rest :)

Also, I got dropped 6 times in a match when I played 10 overs game. I'm happy!

grant145

School Cricketer
Wow 400 pages already!! Not sure if it's already been answered but just to save me looking through all the feed can anyone tell me why the community either crashes or just sits on the spinning dial on xbox series s/x?

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Wow 400 pages already!! Not sure if it's already been answered but just to save me looking through all the feed can anyone tell me why the community either crashes or just sits on the spinning dial on xbox series s/x?
You'll have to wait for patch. It's a longgggg wait

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
This is the confusing part for me. I'm having a very similar experience as you where the ball goes to a few select spots in the field on the off side (e.g., Cover or Point) and if there's a fielder placed there, the only option to hit the boundary is through the gap between mid off and cover fielder. But we're seeing other who apparently are having a different experience where they don't seem to be facing similar challenges.

Also we're seeing different things. Lot of folks are suggesting ball bounce to be lowered (around 30) for an optimal experience whereas in @Harigoks' case ball bounce up to 80 leads to a better experience. Same with @Punk_Sk8r having to bat way outside leg in order to hit the boundary on the off side. This leads me to believe whether there are multiple versions of the game available. In my case when I go to credits I see the version displayed as vLocal along with my psn id. I had a version no. with '1.bunch of zeros and a number' but after a patch a few days ago, 'vLocal' is the version I see. I tried to check if the version I have is the latest version and I'm getting the message that the application I've installed is the latest version. Very weird state of affairs, and no closer to solving the problem.
I too had issues clearing gaps on off side while batting especially in ODI matches. I never had this kind of issue in cricket 19 or in previous iterations.
I am on xbox and thought its due to missing patches. If its happening on latest patch on steam then it seems to be an issue. I will wait for xbox patch and see if it anyhow gets fixed.

shariqkhalil

School Cricketer
I have really good PC with RTX 3070 Graphic card, I have noticed that when it is later day or evening in the game. The game start lagging badly. Can please someone let me know what the best setting is for graphic card so that game stop lagging.

D

Deleted member 193590

Same for me,i'm guessing it's because Xbox hasn't had a patch yet.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I haven't searched the forum for this yet but fairly sure West Indies don't play in white caps?
Correct, theyve only played in maroon since er...the beginning of time.

Submitted this one to them yesterday.
Post automatically merged:

It only shows up when yoh hit quick download button but the playfaces are not downloading so even if you download the player you will see a face without eyebrows. I guess this needs to be patched
No - it happens on full download too.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Might be bowling from a different positions on the crease.

I've not edited anything to do with the players.

Yeah I'm at the closest crease position but this is only happening with Pak and not with Englands Mark Wood. I still have default line ups just your kits and logos.

@cricket_online Yeah I give up man I feel like the sliders and options are mega busted. Even the auto shot choice one I have it turned off and of course I go to play a backfoot cut to a ball which was more straight (just misjudgement on my part) but my batsmen went for a flicking leg side shot...why?

Users who are viewing this thread