Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
There are certain modes that will be missing as well.

For example scenarios, career as a star player. We can’t even play as a star player in the licensed tournaments such as BBL, CPL or The Hundred.
Where’s the draft mode gone?
Tour mode is coming back only after so many requests.

As a content creator I had so much things to choose from, now I’ve nothing.

Even for casual gamers, you can’t just play a casual “play now” game or some predefined competitions (can’t find the competition designer as well).

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Think I'm going to scrap the slider stuff and maybe just use bounce lowered a tad...too much tinkering and guessing what works and what doesn't, doing my head in :p

Anyone had rain delay bug? that's a cracker that one!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I’ll go into it more tomorrow, but I’m deep into a First Class game (4th inns just started, nearing lunch on day 3 of 4, AI chasing 377 to win, 6/0 off 2.)

It’s been alright. The last ps5 patch and amended sliders have fixed my biggest “game breakers” it seems. (Tinkering with sliders annoys me though, the base game should be good and any slider changes should be amending difficulty, not behaviour.)

My biggest problem with C22 right now is that part from “license release cycle” it has no reason to exist. It hasn’t added anything of depth. Nothing that was good in C19 has been expanded on or taken to another level. Almost every problem that existed in C19 still exists in in C22. Some treasured stuff in C19 has been removed. Some new issues introduced. There’s no real substance.

I’m having a good match and had some decent moments. I wouldn’t have believed that possible last Friday, so this is progress.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also, they have now added time of day on the clock, but, to no ones surprise, theyve cocked it up.

I set start time of the test to 11am. It says 12pm on the clock as the first ball is bowled...and stays an hour wrong all day :rolleyes

Another bug report submitted - im becoming somewhat of an expert at them now.
Is the time of day in the scorecard of the pause menu like Cricket 19, or is it only on the big screen scorecard within the ground?

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have, I stopped posting bug reports and uninstalled the game. I'll come back to it some time next year. I'm just disappointed they felt the need to rush out an unfinished project purely to meet a deadline instead of just making a good quality product.

I also feel this who accessibility angle for C22 has backfired, a lot of the regular players are just not receptive to the game.
I did the same thing on xbox series x, for the first time I made a wise decision and bought it for 20 usd but it was t even worth if. Got back to cricket 19. I had brought every single game from dbc14 to cricket 19. All of them on atleast 2 platforms each.
But this one goes to the backlog , may be I will check it in few months..

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’ll go into it more tomorrow, but I’m deep into a First Class game (4th inns just started, nearing lunch on day 3 of 4, AI chasing 377 to win, 6/0 off 2.)

It’s been alright. The last ps5 patch and amended sliders have fixed my biggest “game breakers” it seems. (Tinkering with sliders annoys me though, the base game should be good and any slider changes should be amending difficulty, not behaviour.)

My biggest problem with C22 right now is that part from “license release cycle” it has no reason to exist. It hasn’t added anything of depth. Nothing that was good in C19 has been expanded on or taken to another level. Almost every problem that existed in C19 still exists in in C22. Some treasured stuff in C19 has been removed. Some new issues introduced. There’s no real substance.

I’m having a good match and had some decent moments. I wouldn’t have believed that possible last Friday, so this is progress.

Good to hear and some great points. I agree with you wholeheartedly regarding sliders.

Haych14

Club Captain
When I try to download a playface player from the community academy. It doesn't let me. And says your playface storage is full! What an earth is big ant upto! Like this was meant to be a proper full release! How long until people are able to create and download playfaces??

D

Deleted member 185125

Two in one game. Not out according to Cricket 22, as the game just carried on regardless.

Come on BA, this is absurd now.

I'm almost certain these are free hits. There is a bug in the game with the no ball calls for the height (2 bouncers in the over).
I had a catch to mid off which I was thrilled to see,only to realise that it was a free hit. Umpires are calling incorrect bouncer calls, though the ball only bounced around waist height. This also gets triggered when the batsman play that stupid looking upper cut (which also look like a Pujara leave)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sliders, lbw's and no balls should be first priority. Also on steam the AI loves to glance and play behind square on leg side. Doesn't matter what line and length you bowl. Sliders for me is an absolute mess on Steam version.

D

Deleted member 185125

The one week of early access needs to be extended till atleast for two months. And why is there no similar communication for other platforms?
I don't think these rapid patching is the way to go. They need to take their time and sort things out and release a major patch. Every little patch they have released has introduced new bugs.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Silly question. What does the after touch actually do?

Users who are viewing this thread