Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Great to see the game improving,but on Xbox it's still absolutely awful,bowled 10 overs last night the 5 jimmy bowled,there was 5 overthrows that went for four,the 5 overs at the other end there was a massive knick that I couldn't appeal,a run out and 2 stupid tennis shots off bouncers.
Just wondering,when we finally get a patch,will it cover all the PlayStation and PC patches?

Yes, I'm certainly glad the improvements are coming too & that some at least are able to enjoy a reasonable experience :). However, it's still of no help to those currently stuck in limbo, of which there are obviously many more than those who have commented here or who are concerned about logos ;).

Additionally, I was afraid this exact scenario wasn't far from becoming reality whereupon a small minority who have received some improvements on their earlier experiences seem to enter a state of denial that others are still experiencing the same problems too. (When you have the memory of a goldfish it's apparently very easy to become so amazingly fickle ;).)

Sadly, because of the huge delay in these patches being approved by Xbox, it's improbable that we'd essentially leap frog up to the same standard as the PS4 or 5 in one patch, but we'll potentially be lagging behind several versions until there is an eventual catch up weeks or even months from now.

Worse still, we're also looking at added delays & further headaches caused by the patches that introduce new issues that will simply start the whole delayed cycle over & over again. If Xbox processed patches quicker it'd be bearable but BAS were well aware of all of these delays prior to release yet they still made their bed for us to have to sleep in anyway. (If a refund was an option for a pre-order I'd have done that by now as well & simply walked away, screwed there too.)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hoping the academy issues will get resolved this week (as indicated by Ross on twitter). specially the crashing and playface. It will feel a lot better not to able to defend offside against spin with Virat Kohli instead of Vikram Kumar...

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
After todays Steam patch I definitely think there's a lot more option on the offside. Currently playing a 4 day match between Scotland an Bermuda and the Scottish batsmen are flogging it all through the offside between gully and cover, missing the fielders a lot more than previously.

Also, turning up pace and lowering pitch bounce is a game changer. I've just been bowled through the gate and I don't think I've ever been more delighted to lose a wicket.

EDIT: I very quickly regretted this leave

Screenshot 2021-12-08 210432.png

Last edited:

Bowden

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is anyone else on Xbox one struggling to get the Academy to work?
Every time I try it crashes the game.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
After todays Steam patch I definitely think there's a lot more option on the offside. Currently playing a 4 day match between Scotland an Bermuda and the Scottish batsmen are flogging it all through the offside between gully and cover, missing the fielders a lot more than previously.

Also, turning up pace and lowering pitch bounce is a game changer. I've just been bowled through the gate and I don't think I've ever been more delighted to lose a wicket.

EDIT: I very quickly regretted this leave

View attachment 259045

;)

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Read someone saying about lbw. This is my experience so far. And I've had many other lbw too.

I had a close call given not out but trapped him the next ball.
For those who don't understand Hindi, mute the clip.

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Had the patch 1.07 downloaded today has nice things in it like Hazelwood's bowling action Catching is better. But anyone having problems with the advance shot go down the wicket sometimes I play a defensive shot that fine sometimes then then Steve smith did it twice defended it and it sails for 6 is that now bugged also the fielder doesn't always throw the ball immediately when throwing back yo the keeper or bowling overall better but more work still obviously needs to be done

Last edited:

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
The past few hours are definitely the most fun I've had with this game to date. I'm playing Veteran / Hard Bowling / Hard Batting with 35 pitch bounce and pace 70.

To be honest, after a pretty easy going start runs have really dried up and I've genuinely been put under pressure. After about 30 overs, with spin at both ends and sensible AI fields in place I was collecting singles after going at around 3.5 an over for the first 30.

Also, the dismissals have been fun, one bowled through the gate by a yellow in ducker, one a dreadful leave on my part to a green ball I thought was going over, one a green off break I tried to cover drive and it beat my inside edge and my favourite, which was in the same over, an off spinner to a left hander kissing the edge of my forward press.

Also here's a wagon wheel. The offside is accessible.

Screenshot 2021-12-08 220622.png

Users who are viewing this thread