Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
my favourite feature from "big bug studios Cricket CE-34878-0" is the report problem mini game

LMAO :).

...And we're definitely all playing that one on "legendary".

They should add direct bug reporting as a career attribute, we'd all be international captains less than 48 hours after release & unlock the hidden "master beta tester" perk.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Been playing the game tonight with the 1.07 patch. The game overall is playing much better and whilst still flawed can at least be played now and produce a reasonably decent game of cricket. The fielding has been improved, there are no more howzat shouts each time the bails are removed and sliders seem to be working better.

Few things I've picked up on though...

1) leg side bowling is still too common with offside fields. It's too easy to score just playing leg side shots. On a similar note both orthodox and reverse sweeps against the spinners are far too effective and easy to score from. It does take away some of the achievement of scoring a century when 85 of your runs are either leg glances or sweeps.

2) I just simmed a test match at the Cape Town Stadium and barely noticed any difference in how the pitch looked on each day. Pitch wear was set to fast and last week I'd screenshotted each day at Sabina Park in a simmed test and the pitch looked very different on days 4 and 5.

3) this is a really small thing but in a t20 the AI bowled a no ball. On my free hit they bowled a wide. In real life the free hit would be bowled again whereas in game it just game me the run for a wide and moved on.

I didn't notice too much else that was particularly glaring. I even had a couple of outfield catches in club 3-day cricket, one in the ring.

timmy94

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Took the plunge and bought the game for PS4. Really enjoyed about 10 overs batting/bowling, felt like the best one yet. Then the lights came on and the frame rate was terrible. Couldn’t time anything, only thing that let me down in the hour or so I had with it to start!!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After todays Steam patch I definitely think there's a lot more option on the offside. Currently playing a 4 day match between Scotland an Bermuda and the Scottish batsmen are flogging it all through the offside between gully and cover, missing the fielders a lot more than previously.

Also, turning up pace and lowering pitch bounce is a game changer. I've just been bowled through the gate and I don't think I've ever been more delighted to lose a wicket.

EDIT: I very quickly regretted this leave

View attachment 259045

Are you seeing this difference while you're batting, or it's the AI hitting you through the off side? And if it's true for human player, are you seeing it against pacers? The reason I'm asking is there are lot of shots AI can play which a human player can't, and the off side batting issue is more prevalent against pacers.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing annoying me visually is the lighting in overcast conditions. Always feels like there's a dome of blue sky above the ground with perfect sunny lighting and shadows. I still hope they can also add cloud shadows going over the ground, don't think that will happen though.

gogabutt

Club Captain
As many requested, here are the slider settings for Test cricket. Very immersive gameplay if you play like the test cricket should be played (not every ball to hit). With this settings, I can play straight drive, cover drive, on drive, off drive etc. Ball doesn’t go over the wicket keeper for 4 byes. Edges go to keeper and slips. Batter doesn’t miss much balls, lbws and bowled out etc. if you do not play defensively, you will be bowled out for less than 100 runs but if you show some patience, you should be able to score 200+

AI base difficulty = Legend
Wicket Chance = 65
Bowl Quality = 55

Batting = Hard
Foot Work Required = Yes
Shot Replacement = No
Early Shot Timing window= 30
Late Shot Timing window= 30
Shot timing difficulty = 60
Advanced Shot timing difficulty = 75
Foot Placement difficulty = 50
Ball Quality influence = 75
Poor input penalty = 80
Ideal input power boost =40
Power boost timing window = 35
Power boost timing full toss = 45
Edges good input influence = 8
Edges ok input = 45
Edges poor input = 70
Edges low striker = 20
Edges high striker = 50

physics
Pace ball speed max = 60
Pace ball bounce length = 35
Spin ball bounce = 35
Pace ball swing = 65
Pace ball revolution = 40
Pitch Friction = 45
Pitch bounce = 30
Ball Friction = 45
Ball bounce = 50
Shot force =70

Match Difficulty = Hard
Batting Camera = Batting Middle
Running Camera = Fielding 2
Batting shot timing feedback = off
Bowling timing feedback = Off
Ball length indicator circle = off
Ball trail = off

MJT1994

Club Captain
One thing annoying me visually is the lighting in overcast conditions. Always feels like there's a dome of blue sky above the ground with perfect sunny lighting and shadows. I still hope they can also add cloud shadows going over the ground, don't think that will happen though.
I also find it strange how towards the end of the day the lights come on and there are shadows going in four different directions even though the sky is bright blue and the sun is still above the grandstands. They must be the world's most powerful lights.

Also bring back the pink.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I also find it strange how towards the end of the day the lights come on and there are shadows going in four different directions even though the sky is bright blue and the sun is still above the grandstands. They must be the world's most powerful lights.

Also bring back the pink.
I don't mind that. Working at the g and playing at a local ground with lights, the late afternoon with lights is really good in-game. Plus they had to solve C19's issue where come 6:30 - 7:00pm you couldn't see anything lol

RDB3

Club Cricketer
After todays Steam patch I definitely think there's a lot more option on the offside. Currently playing a 4 day match between Scotland an Bermuda and the Scottish batsmen are flogging it all through the offside between gully and cover, missing the fielders a lot more than previously.

Also, turning up pace and lowering pitch bounce is a game changer. I've just been bowled through the gate and I don't think I've ever been more delighted to lose a wicket.

View attachment 259045

View attachment 259045
I also changed those two sliders.
What are your pace max slider set to?

MJT1994

Club Captain
I don't mind that. Working at the g and playing at a local ground with lights, the late afternoon with lights is really good in-game. Plus they had to solve C19's issue where come 6:30 - 7:00pm you couldn't see anything lol
Yeah. I think it looks good too. The lights just maybe take over too early. But it's good that these things are beginning to annoy us now and not fielders not doing there job.

wasbir2000

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Well after 1 week of release and after numerous patches BA have resolved many gameplay bugs mainly in PC. AI no ball issue is resolved and AI fielding & running between wickets is mostly stable ( not perfect though). Hope they soon fixes the creation tool bugs and improve the playface and kits of licensed teams like NZ, WI & Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread