Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Nov 21 mine was made

I was also wondering if it might have had something to do with having the pre-order license & either uninstallating or leaving the old "nets challenge" installed or not. (I never bothered to reinstall it after I completely wiped C22.)

So, I just reinstalled the nets challenge while I had a game in progress, nets challenge completed installation & bang, instant hard crash 15 seconds later.

Pretty much says it all about C22 really!!

We get the slow down in patch rates with a specific citation that it's being done to take more time to properly test for issues before patches are released. Only for the very first patch after that change & reasoning to suffer ridiculous issues like the AI never dropping anything off a human batter anymore (again) & just how all that extra testing misses such fundamental issues. Not to mention a now 2 week minimum wait for a fix or worse.

Umpire decisions no longer go to the big screen as we await their decision. Where does it go instead?? A completely random spot in the stadium/crowd & no idea what the decision actually was until the next lot of cut scenes.

Crowd sounds are once again getting stuck in the endless scream & whistle mode despite the extra testing forcing endless restarts to reset the crowd before they drive one mad.

Umpires getting stuck in loops stopping play after quick field changes.

I’m on PS4 and am finding overthrows to be more generous than ever. What tends to happen is that the fielding side throw to the bowler who is halfway up the wicket, not at the bowler’s end. So the ball will often go past his feet because he’s not quite ready to collect the ball.

It's not just that they return it to the bowler who's still halfway down the wicket alone, it's that they return it to the bowler/WK with a ridiculously hard throw as if they're taking a shot at the stumps when it's already a dead ball which stacks up a number of completely unnecessary & pointless overthrows. Because they're returning it in such a fashion they also tend to aim for where the base of the stumps would be at a bowler/WK's feet which also makes it an awkward stop or catch at that velocity which just compounds the problem.

(But, they tested it ;).)

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
In Durban Test the South African spinners Maharaj and Harmer took all 10 wickets conceding just 53 runs in 19 overs against Bangladesh, may the spinners have became more powerful after reading this forum. Bangladesh Cricket Association will raise a ticket to ICC. :laughter::laughter::laughter::laughter:

Culmernation

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
just going to add an experience i had last night with variable conditions:

- Career one day match: Surry vs Sussex on a soft green top in overcast conditions

The ball was swinging all over the place and the limited bounce on the green top meant that all the balls my player bowled were threatening. The AI visibly struggled and even when trying to play it's big 'get out of jail' shots it would either play and miss or miss-time them to a fielder in the ring.

I ended up with figures of 3 - 19 - 10 and it was the most fun I've had bowling with the game so far. It was great to feel like i was exerting pressure on the batsmen which would eventually lead to wickets. I've never seen the ball swing that much either adding to the impression that it really was a bowlers day.

I do really love this game despite it's flaws

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
@WealeyH Reinstalled the game today and upped the striker timing and reduced wicket chance to 30 to go with some other slider settings. Getting some excellent games while playing test matches. Thanks a lot mate

See it can be good. It just takes *checks notes* an entire community of people and hours of experimenting :laughter:

Hester

County Cricketer
@WealeyH Reinstalled the game today and upped the striker timing and reduced wicket chance to 30 to go with some other slider settings. Getting some excellent games while playing test matches. Thanks a lot mate
I'm a bit confused when it comes to the AI. Without fail, they bat for around 100 overs in tests that I play, no matter what team I play against.
Does the wicket chance and striker timing have an effect on the AI irrespective of their difficulty level? Like, is hard AI actually hard if you were to up wicket chance and lower striker timing? Do the sliders over-ride the difficulty setting?

Wealey

ICC Board Member

No worries mate. Trust me there’s plenty I’m not happy with. BUT if your a cricket tragic there’s a great game to be had.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm a bit confused when it comes to the AI. Without fail, they bat for around 100 overs in tests that I play, no matter what team I play against.
Does the wicket chance and striker timing have an effect on the AI irrespective of their difficulty level? Like, is hard AI actually hard if you were to up wicket chance and lower striker timing? Do the sliders over-ride the difficulty setting?

Makes my head hurt trying to answer that.. but simply if timing and chance are both on 50 with default pitch friction they shouldn’t bat too well.

Also.. if you want to get fancy and truly make it a bowlers day allow yourself greater windows for jump and release. Scrap the meters though. It then gives you a more organic feel that achieving the perfect delivery is easier due to conditions.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No worries mate. Trust me there’s plenty I’m not happy with. BUT if your a cricket tragic there’s a great game to be had.
Hopefully they will improve those aspects in the next couple of matches. I think the overpowered wicketkeeper needs more attention than anything else.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hopefully they will improve those aspects in the next couple of matches. I think the overpowered wicketkeeper needs more attention than anything else.
Overpowered leading edges could do with a tone down as well, seeing them go for 6 in my last couple of innings. Not sure if this is a double edged sword though and would mean edges not carrying to the slips/wk

Users who are viewing this thread