Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Joe Root 4-12, first morning of a test on a green seamer.

All other bowlers 0-45.

Is anyone else still playing or testing this? I've taken a wicket with spinners about every single over since the latest patch. I guess time to put it down until they stop tinkering with bowling actions and flamethrowers and actually sort the game out.

Surely if you up striker timing and reduce wicket chance, then the pacers don't take wickets..

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member

All other bowlers 0-45.

Is anyone else still playing or testing this? I've taken a wicket with spinners about every single over since the latest patch. I guess time to put it down until they stop tinkering with bowling actions and flamethrowers and actually sort the game out.

Surely if you up striker timing and reduce wicket chance, then the pacers don't take wickets..

8CDB9ABC-7870-4FF0-AC03-754146B512D3.pngE04A9350-B392-4E5C-A9C8-4B9B8F2C7F4B.png

I have no issues after changing it.

Hester

County Cricketer

All other bowlers 0-45.

This is just ridiculous (unless you had max op slider settings for spinners, which I'm guessing you don't)

I don't think pitch types, pitch condition, weather or any other condition changes or settings effect the game. It's all poppycock.

Hester

County Cricketer
We all know Spinner on default are over powered.

It’s a fact. Mentioned 1000 times.

People have also given solutions to fix it and provide an enjoyable experience.

I’d recommend changing it and enjoy the game.
But super human wk's and leg slip fielders, along with bat/pad and bat/foot dismissals surely need to be addressed by BA.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
But super human wk's and leg slip fielders, along with bat/pad and bat/foot dismissals surely need to be addressed by BA.

Those dismissals are reduced 10 gold when changing the settings.

That’s my point.

Super keeper yes need to be tweaked but again are no where near as prevalent.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

All other bowlers 0-45.

For some reason the spinners run riot on the grassy pitches I turned revs right up to 90 to test and on a dusty surface it more or less stayed normal but on a green track it turns like you wouldn’t believe Like everyone says just tinker with the sliders and level the spinners out I’m 12 years into a career mode now and on 97 rating and it’s just too easy the AI can’t cope especially in test matches you just bowl waiting for the wicket even with bowling hud off (that does make it more interesting)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
For some reason the spinners run riot on the grassy pitches I turned revs right up to 90 to test and on a dusty surface it more or less stayed normal but on a green track it turns like you wouldn’t believe Like everyone says just tinker with the sliders and level the spinners out I’m 12 years into a career mode now and on 97 rating and it’s just too easy the AI can’t cope especially in test matches you just bowl waiting for the wicket even with bowling hud off (that does make it more interesting)

I wonder if it’s worse in career as well? It is common knowledge that it’s worse on grassy pitches but for the life of me pitches are always ignored.

Although tbf.. when I’m playing on a grassy seamer I won’t bring them on until after lunch for realism.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
We all know Spinner on default are over powered.

It’s a fact. Mentioned 1000 times.

People have also given solutions to fix it and provide an enjoyable experience.

I’d recommend changing it and enjoy the game.

This. It's imperfect but playable. I'd suggest making the recommended changes and at least getting some enjoyment. Rather than poking yourself in the eye every time you play. At least until BA do make some sort of tweaks on thier end.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This. It's imperfect but playable. I'd suggest making the recommended changes and at least getting some enjoyment. Rather than poking yourself in the eye every time you play. At least until BA do make some sort of tweaks on thier end.

I always liken it to the fifa slider forums. They hate default Fifa over their and tinker the sliders into oblivion. Not ideal really. But if default isn’t to people’s liking , the sliders are their for a reason.

Still isn’t an excuse for the basics not being correct on default. But is what it is

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I always liken it to the fifa slider forums. They hate default Fifa over their and tinker the sliders into oblivion. Not ideal really. But if default isn’t to people’s liking , the sliders are their for a reason.

Still isn’t an excuse for the basics not being correct on default. But is what it is

Aye at least the option is there

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Those dismissals are reduced 10 gold when changing the settings.

That’s my point.

Super keeper yes need to be tweaked but again are no where near as prevalent.
Are we talking about the pitch and ball friction settings for OP spinners?

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I think we are very close to a very good game here. I realise I am probably a little biased as I just bat and generate my opponent's innings, but batting, with creative use of sliders, is pretty damned good and realistic.
I hear the criticisms of fielding and bowling and appreciate some of the points made, but there will never be a game that suits everyone.
I think BA have slowly (too slowly for most of us perhaps) begun to attend to our feedback. A lot of developers would have cut and run.
I am having some brilliant games now and hope that bowling will soon make the improvements that batting has.
Sorry if I'm being too positive!

Users who are viewing this thread