Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Got to be something in your settings that needs changed. At least temporarily. I'm currently using these from @Rumple43's thread, playing in India and not seeing a great deal of ridiculousness...

Thank you, I will try it

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
No worries. Any issues ask the man himself. I don't know anything other than "numbers on spreadsheet make good game" :sweat:
Bah, don't give the spreadsheet attention. It needs a V4 lol

I'll do it this week. I've said it in public now so it has to happen. It's Easter holidays so the house is full and I can't skive off to play Cricket 22 anyway.

So I'll do this.

If it isn't live on the site by Friday, you can ban me :yes

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

I'll do it this week. I've said it in public now so it has to happen. It's Easter holidays so the house is full and I can't skive off to play Cricket 22 anyway.

So I'll do this.

Still works better than the out of the box difficulties :laughter:

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain

So I'll do this.

I'll hold you to that Rumple . . . .

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Anyone tried reducing the fielding skills, Perks and proficiencies for Wicket keepers to avoid ridiculous catching?

I have reduced Diving and reflex catching to just 2 notches, and kept all wicket keeper improvement perks to level 1 (i.e. all fielding perks which boosts wicket keeper's stats are active but all are set to level-1).

Also on profiencies, i have made sure to keep the wicket keeper position no.1 at 5 stars for all wicket keepers.

My thinking was that by reducing the absolute skill level in diving and reflex catching, we would stop seeing super human and weird catching behavior. Meanwhile, WK related perks and profiencies would ensure that I don't get dumb/clueless Wicket keeping A.I, so as to achieve a balance.

Currently started playing NZ vs WI. Will keep you guys posted

noys390

County Cricketer
To BigAnt team,
If you guys are still here, please fix the unnecessary byes. Around 20 runs are conceded in byes in a t20 match. The wide bouncers going top of the head are the only source of byes. Can the AI bowlers be made to bowl the bouncers accurately and position the wicket-keeper better ?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Anyone tried reducing the fielding skills, Perks and proficiencies for Wicket keepers to avoid ridiculous catching?

I have reduced Diving and reflex catching to just 2 notches, and kept all wicket keeper improvement perks to level 1 (i.e. all fielding perks which boosts wicket keeper's stats are active but all are set to level-1).

Also on profiencies, i have made sure to keep the wicket keeper position no.1 at 5 stars for all wicket keepers.

My thinking was that by reducing the absolute skill level in diving and reflex catching, we would stop seeing super human and weird catching behavior. Meanwhile, WK related perks and profiencies would ensure that I don't get dumb/clueless Wicket keeping A.I, so as to achieve a balance.

Currently started playing NZ vs WI. Will keep you guys posted
Let me know how you get on with this. I did find some limited success in nerfing fielding skills when I went through the reskilling phase. It was mainly to reduce direct hits during the mini-game.

I say limited success, I managed to get some mini-game opportunities to fill the meter really slowly, slow enough that it wasn't an automatic out, though I'm not sure if that was due to the situation or the change in attributes.

I reckon keepers will be hard coded to be the way they are now, but I'm interested to find out.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Let me know how you get on with this. I did find some limited success in nerfing fielding skills when I went through the reskilling phase. It was mainly to reduce direct hits during the mini-game.

I say limited success, I managed to get some mini-game opportunities to fill the meter really slowly, slow enough that it wasn't an automatic out, though I'm not sure if that was due to the situation or the change in attributes.

I reckon keepers will be hard coded to be the way they are now, but I'm interested to find out.
Yeah I did the same with fielding to reduce the number of direct hits, which seemed to work.
I only play with my own generated players in made up teams (Thinkers, Musos, Actors, Writers, Footballers etc.). This seems to give me more control.
I've also had great success with adapting your ideas with sliders and have some very different pitches needing different batting techniques.

Hester

County Cricketer
All this talk about the spin bowling being OP....
Imagine how OP it would be if pitch condition and cracks actually had any effect!

Wealey

ICC Board Member

I have found ball bounce decreased has a small effect with it coming off the boot. If increased it stops direct hits as bounces over…

In limited overs decreased ball bounce stops the ball bouncing over fielders in deep.

Users who are viewing this thread