Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As someone who has probably used the creation tools on the last game more than anyone and made dozens of things on this game. I'd love to know what the 90% of things I'm missing out on are.
Personally, the eyes are the only section I'm annoyed at. Bit of a regress compared to C19's one. Ears as well to a lesser extent.

But I think Hester is (just read his reply) right, there are quite a few things that I would have expected to be added to it by now. Namely seat colour selection, and pavilions. A few more building assets would go a long way, smaller residential buildings (like Taunton) and a few church designs (don't need to be complex), but just things to add a bit of flavour. The location landscapes are great, but you don't see them as much in-game.

But I'm not piling on, just a little disappointed. Also, what's with custom grounds being borderline night all game long (especially ones created with UK locations), I get it can be dark during winter, but not to the degree in-game.

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
Personally, the eyes are the only section I'm annoyed at. Bit of a regress compared to C19's one. Ears as well to a lesser extent.

But I think Hester is (just read his reply) right, there are quite a few things that I would have expected to be added to it by now. Namely seat colour selection, and pavilions. A few more building assets would go a long way, smaller residential buildings (like Taunton) and a few church designs (don't need to be complex), but just things to add a bit of flavour. The location landscapes are great, but you don't see them as much in-game.

But I'm not piling on, just a little disappointed. Also, what's with custom grounds being borderline night all game long (especially ones created with UK locations), I get it can be dark during winter, but not to the degree in-game.
A particular frustration for me in stadium creator is that they've used certain assets themselves to create fictional stadia but those assets aren't made available. Mountains in Durban Fields is a prime example. And these are the same mountains that were available in C19.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Played 70 hours Career mode, using custom sliders. A little annoyed by lack of fielding competence or control over fielding. The AI dive-and-miss looks quite unrealistic (or maybe it's just me being annoyed at them for missing). The fact the bowler is frozen immediately after delivery drives me up the wall. Ball keeps getting popped up near bowler's head and no option to catch it. Also very unclear how to consistently aim for stumps or encourage fielders to aim for stumps for run-out chances. Fielders often have moment of staring at the ball before they start running. This is on semi-assisted.

Do you all use fully-assisted or manual?
Do the wicket-keepers ever go for stumping?

Also, I seem to rack up Fielding AP no matter what training or gameplay I do. I understand that currently there is no way to 'train' fielding, not that I would if I could, but my fielding being far higher than my batting or bowling purely due to free AP handed out for every action.

Granted I am finding bowling compelling, using 30/30/80/80 settings. Except in T20s where AI constantly moves across a 7th stump full delivery into a golf slog over deep square leg. (Run rate 50 seems to turn AI into godlike batsman to off-stump bowling... I think it interacts also with the match type and remaining overs.) Test match (run rate 20) / ODI (40) is a much better contest between batter and bowler.

In batting, I am slowly improving timing. (Biggest change was setting Pace/Spin Visual Speed to 70-80 for more realistic ball speed -- 0.5 seconds between release and crease -- no more waiting for some computerized timing window, just see ball hit ball.) Playing a lot of straight drives, the occasional lofted shot over extra cover, leaving balls well outside off. Average is slowly coming up. Next planning on learning how to hit Aggressive Grounded shots. (L2+R2?)

Commentary is mostly irrelevant or actively incorrect so I've turned it off, besides which I'm not playing matches which would have English commentary anyway. (Indian club level / domestic) One example is that often when the keeper has collected a wild delivery, they will incorrectly state it has gone to the boundary. Or saying "a tidy over" when I have allowed 20+ runs from it, because the last delivery was a dot ball.

It's clearly a good game as otherwise I would not be this invested in it fixing what doesn't work. Just feels like it needs that extra bit of polish to really shine.

As far as I can tell, 'Match Difficulty' option in the sliders only sets the sliders to emulate that particular difficulty. If you set the sliders yourself I don't think it should matter what the difficulty is set to. Can anyone confirm?
Interested in learning more about these sliders in general.
Aggressive ground shot L2 R2 is correct needs timing right though or just flies in the air for an easy catch and I’m pretty sure the bowler stood still after delivery was sorted or at least it was in career mode. I was a spin bowler in mine and it was so frustrating but it was definitely fixed at some point. In terms of hitting wickets with fielder I believe it’s R1 and x for WK return abs R1 and circle fir stumps (maybe other way round)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Bit off topic but just noticed the nee England test kit released. Will this be updated by BA ? Or will someone in the community update it if so are licensed teams allowed to be changed in game ? Hope that makes sense

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Bit off topic but just noticed the nee England test kit released. Will this be updated by BA ? Or will someone in the community update it if so are licensed teams allowed to be changed in game ? Hope that makes sense

Based on the last game BA probably won't update it. It'll need someone to create it for a created England team.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Based on the last game BA probably won't update it. It'll need someone to create it for a created England team.
Not sure the new manufacturer will be too happy with that if it is the case. I know I wouldn't be

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I put in a ticket request for BA to update the NZ test kit (which has been outdated for a while now), and they still haven't gotten around to it. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I put in a ticket request for BA to update the NZ test kit (which has been outdated for a while now), and they still haven't gotten around to it. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you.
I’m sure someone in the community will do it some of the stuff I’ve downloaded is amazing it makes the game that big more special playing with updated kits logos teams stadiums etc without the community it would be out of date very soon as we have a two year wait for a new one I think or is the ashes next year not sure how they release them and when

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Interesting.
What's the context though? Was this you bowling against the AI? What kind of pitch was it?

Edit: I'm guessing it was you bowling as the AI would give way more extras! :D
Aye I'm bowling on a dusty, medium pitch
Just under 3 an over is that on default run rate ? I’m currently on default and feeling the AI has to hit a boundary every over problem.

Nah I've got the run rate at 28

Users who are viewing this thread