Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Elrondhalfelven

Club Cricketer
something to think about for our slider creators... getting the average number of false shots per dismissal to be true to life. statistics say that on average, test batsmen get out once per every 10-11 false shots. i've noticed on some of the more difficult custom sliders that the number is more like, out after 1-2 false shots. which feels like constantly getting unlucky rather than a rating of skill.

Hi what's the deal with Xbox updates. Can't get any caught n bowled. Corrupt saves galore?

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Caught and bowled only happen if it's timed early by AI and the ball pops up to the bowler. Unlike previously where the bowler would turn into Jhonty when the ball is near.
That's probably for the most part a good thing, but in some people's cases (like mine), we've played a long time over many games and not had one happen. In fact in the approximately 60+ full games I've played I've not had one at all as yet. I think in one patch version of C'19 they happened far too often, now it's very very rare.

I've even forgotten what happens, is it a circle pop up mini-game? Or is it flicking one of the sticks in the direction of the returning ball?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
That's probably for the most part a good thing, but in some people's cases (like mine), we've played a long time over many games and not had one happen. In fact in the approximately 60+ full games I've played I've not had one at all as yet. I think in one patch version of C'19 they happened far too often, now it's very very rare.

I've even forgotten what happens, is it a circle pop up mini-game? Or is it flicking one of the sticks in the direction of the returning ball?
Was checking some stats. Apparently Murli, kumble and vettori has the highest number of caught and bowleds. And that's only 5% of their career wickets, meaning its a rare occurance.

I will take very rare caught and bowled chances than being unable to play straight drives all together.

I get your point though that the frequency should be slightly higher than at the moment.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Was checking some stats. Apparently Murli, kumble and vettori has the highest number of caught and bowleds. And that's only 5% of their career wickets, meaning its a rare occurance.

I will take very rare caught and bowled chances than being unable to play straight drives all together.

I get your point though that the frequency should be slightly higher than at the moment.

Yes I understand, but even at a slightly lower percentage, like 4%, I should be able to get one every 2.5 games, but it's massively below that for me right now. I agree that straight drives could end up being eliminated if it's not changed carefully, so yeah I also prefer straight drives being able to be played. Still, I wouldn't mind the odd caught and bowled even once or twice every 5 or so games.

The thing is though that the straight drive hitting the stumps happens FAR above how often it ever happens in real life too, so statistical accuracy isn't exactly strong on that front either.

Also, I'm still unsure how in Cricket '22 one is taken by the user as asked. Circle game or one of the sticks being moved towards the ball?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Yes I understand, but even at a slightly lower percentage, like 4%, I should be able to get one every 2.5 games, but it's massively below that for me right now. I agree that straight drives could end up being eliminated if it's not changed carefully, so yeah I also prefer straight drives being able to be played.

The thing is though that the straight drive hitting the stumps happens FAR above how often it ever happens in real life too, so statistical accuracy isn't exactly strong on that front either.

Also, I'm still unsure how in Cricket '22 one is taken by the user as asked. Circle game or one of the sticks being moved towards the ball?
It's stick moved to inside of the circle and press the right button as prompted.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I got a caught and bowled v the AI in the last test I played.
I’ve just started a new career mode and had 3 in my first 5 games 2 was where the mini Circe comes up and you have to hit the centre and press x (ps5) but the last one was my bowler catching it one handed really low and really fast automatically. It looked really good to be fair. Maybe happens more with poor batters as the teams and players are poor at start of career mode or maybe just luck

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yes I understand, but even at a slightly lower percentage, like 4%, I should be able to get one every 2.5 games, but it's massively below that for me right now. I agree that straight drives could end up being eliminated if it's not changed carefully, so yeah I also prefer straight drives being able to be played. Still, I wouldn't mind the odd caught and bowled even once or twice every 5 or so games.

I've had a similar experience too, since C22 was released I've had just ONE caught & bowled when using a spin bowler & that was immediately following an earlier patch which made certain changes that quickly seemed to be withdrawn again anyway.

(I never had a single caught & bowled in C19 off a spinner regardless either from countless hours of game time.)

It's another issue that also seems to wildly differ depending on the individual platform based on user reports.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There ain't no cry.. It was a sarcasm from my end which most of the people here took to their special place in their lower back with a bucket of salt..... I don't have problem with game... I've problem with their process when they know that they aren't going to release an already postponed update this week, they announce it on the exact day of update and not beforehand, sometimes inform only when asked... They should realise that peoples are waiting for the update with hope that some more of the niggles in the game will be rectified...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread