India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Wow, captaincy has messed up Jadeja so much that he's taking a break from a game (Cricinfo says he's not fit; but we know the fall he had in the last game was not serious enough that he immediately started fielding after it).

Anyways it doesn't matter now as RCB's win over SRH, further sinks CSK's mathematical chances and CSK should just play carefree!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A question : will SL players be able to play in Chennai if regular schedule resumes next year?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
So looks like the playoff race is pretty much narrowed down to DC vs RCB for the fourth spot. Punjab and KKR have constantly chopped and changed to no avail, and SRH will have taken a massive dip in NRR.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
A question : will SL players be able to play in Chennai if regular schedule resumes next year?

I dont think it will be a "NO" from a government perspective. But its complicated as political parties might create protests (a chronic attention seeking tactic for decades!) and either make the games move out of Chennai or the team caves in and does not select SL players at Chepauk.

Seeing how CSK have picked Theekshana and now Pathirana, I have a feeling that they are going to ignore protests and just play these players at Chepauk unless government intervenes

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I dont think it will be a "NO" from a government perspective. But its complicated as political parties might create protests (a chronic attention seeking tactic for decades!) and either make the games move out of Chennai or the team caves in and does not select SL players at Chepauk.

Seeing how CSK have picked Theekshana and now Pathirana, I have a feeling that they are going to ignore protests and just play these players at Chepauk unless government intervenes
I remember Angelo Mathews and Malinga not playing there in 2015, don't recall if it happened more recently.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Never thought I'll say this, but including Dube in place of Jadeja is making CSK look more balanced and powerful.

Bevab

Staff Member
Devon Conway gives me serious hope and excitement for IPL 2023

It's madness that he was dropped in the first place after just one game. Bloke is a world-class player (IMO even better than Faf) and had to warm the bench for half the season for no good reason.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It's madness that he was dropped in the first place after just one game. Bloke is a world-class player (IMO even better than Faf) and had to warm the bench for half the season for no good reason.

He got dropped because CSK wanted to stack the bowling with overseas players after we lost Deepak Chahar. We couldn’t drop Moeen after last season.

I think CSK will realize it now and play Conway through for next year. He’s another Mike Hussey. With Deepak returning, the balance should be back. Maybe Dhoni should continue as captain next year (esp if he plays).

Bevab

Staff Member
He got dropped because CSK wanted to stack the bowling with overseas players after we lost Deepak Chahar. We couldn’t drop Moeen after last season.

I think CSK will realize it now and play Conway through for next year. He’s another Mike Hussey. With Deepak returning, the balance should be back. Maybe Dhoni should continue as captain next year (esp if he plays).

I'd understand if our overseas options were blokes like Lockie or even Southee but an untested Pretorius and Jordan who's never been good in the IPL surely did not deserve to be picked ahead of him. We had a winning template last season and we should have refined it well instead of trying to build for the same tactic and then pulling out in the last instance because one puzzle piece was missing for another idea.

Will have to post my thoughts on our situation in the CSK thread for sure. :D

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I'd understand if our overseas options were blokes like Lockie or even Southee but an untested Pretorius and Jordan who's never been good in the IPL surely did not deserve to be picked ahead of him. We had a winning template last season and we should have refined it well instead of trying to build for the same tactic and then pulling out in the last instance because one puzzle piece was missing for another idea.

Will have to post my thoughts on our situation in the CSK thread for sure. :D
Utthappa and Rayudu to the rescue

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Pretty massive win that from CSK!! Couldn't watch the entire second innings, but just caught it on the highlights. Moeen Ali ripped the heart out of the Delhi!

Simarjeet must feel good after this game and Mukesh Chaudhary keeps growing in stature. A bowling attack of Deepak Chahar, Mukesh Chaudhary, Mahesh Theekshana, Dwaine Pretorius/Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja and Moeen Ali sounds positive for 2023. Hope Simarjeet gets steady run here and maybe even try out Rajvardhan Hangargekar in the remaining games (with nothing to lose). Need the Indian seam backups to get actual IPL games in their belt. Also on the batting front, if they can try out Senapati in the coming games for Uthappa. Cant see both Uthappa and Rayudu playing together next year, with a 11 month gap this time between this one and the next IPL.

Users who are viewing this thread