Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I think high on my list, as daft as it sounds as it's purely aesthetic, is a wider variety of bowler celebrations.

No more aeroplanes, please!
I agree. Need more variety in wicket taking celebrations. I'm still advocating for more legspinner actions. So far, BA have given more priority for the pacers and off-spinners. I would be satisfied with a Zampa, Rashid or Hasaranga bowling action in game honestly.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fielding is top priority in my opinion. Also I am currently playing a test match where the AI is in trouble and struggling to put up a lead with 7 wickets down. They just started smasing the ball like it’s a T20 match. Is this normal?

Hester

County Cricketer
Fielding is top priority in my opinion. Also I am currently playing a test match where the AI is in trouble and struggling to put up a lead with 7 wickets down. They just started smasing the ball like it’s a T20 match. Is this normal?
I've seen it happen. Put some fielders on the boundary! :D

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Need AI to improve with 360 shots and variety of shots, Play according to condition

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Funnily enough, I had a odd one in my latest game that I'd not really seen before, and didn't happen with any other player in the team.

New batter comes to the crease, #9 from memory, controlled by the AI. The score wasn't anything special, not miles ahead of behind. Length ball outside of stump. #9 aggressive shots at it, one bounce four. No warm up, no sighters, just straight into it and smashed me.

I chuckle, give the AI the same ball. The AI smashes me over the top in exactly the same way. 8 from 2 balls.

I put a man out on the cover boundary. Bowl the same ball, the AI smashes me over the top again, to cover point this time, one bounce 4, 12 off 3 balls.

I take another man out of the slips, put 2 on the cover fence, bowl the same ball again for a fourth time. The AI once again launches into a massive drive and holes out the the latest man stationed on the rope.

Out for 12 off 4 balls. All identical aggressive shots, nothing else.

I've not seen any other player play like that in any other game/innings I've had.

I'll not lie, it was different at least! At some point, I'll have a video of it as well.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Funnily enough, I had a odd one in my latest game that I'd not really seen before, and didn't happen with any other player in the team.

New batter comes to the crease, #9 from memory, controlled by the AI. The score wasn't anything special, not miles ahead of behind. Length ball outside of stump. #9 aggressive shots at it, one bounce four. No warm up, no sighters, just straight into it and smashed me.

I chuckle, give the AI the same ball. The AI smashes me over the top in exactly the same way. 8 from 2 balls.

I put a man out on the cover boundary. Bowl the same ball, the AI smashes me over the top again, to cover point this time, one bounce 4, 12 off 3 balls.

I take another man out of the slips, put 2 on the cover fence, bowl the same ball again for a fourth time. The AI once again launches into a massive drive and holes out the the latest man stationed on the rope.

Out for 12 off 4 balls. All identical aggressive shots, nothing else.

I've not seen any other player play like that in any other game/innings I've had.

I'll not lie, it was different at least! At some point, I'll have a video of it as well.
I’ve had it once with Travis head in the ashes exact same shot 4-4-6-OUT not sure if it’s a player mentality thing but like you say not seen it happen more than once so nothing to worry about

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Usually if you quit and reload they stop doing that.
Yeah I tried that multiple times but didn’t work lol. One over after my post I went for 666604. Another annoying thing is the catching mini game. Just happe now 3 times in one over where the mini game didn’t trigger. Twice on the boundary and once in the inner ring. I think I logged tickets a handful of times about this.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
They do happen, you just need some slider tinkering to make it happen. Mainly the "ok timing edge" slider, so that if your timing isn't spot on, any shot, including defensive ones, can draw an edge.

Like this.

And the first wicket in this pair.

And this.

And this.

I probably have other examples, but these were the first four I found. It can be done.
Post automatically merged:

You're not wrong, but it is what it is.

I also wouldn't slide a foot outside off stump and flick a ball to fine leg, but here we are :-)

Some of enjoying Cricket 22 is just accepting it for what it is I think, especially since some of the things are legacy based and have been in a number of releases.

Hello Rumple, thanks for taking the time out to reply. You have some of the most amazing work on Sliders for a cricket video game eversince, there was this guy AnkitDaRuler for Cricket 2007 what changed alot for that game back in the day (2010-2012).

Just two questions, can you share your settings for "ok" and "good" Input timing and similar sliders which affect edges, so that i can implement similar (not same) settings. Currently my "ok" edge is at 20 and i do get alot of edges of "regular shots" as a human batter. So I'm afraid by tinkering with this i'll disproportionately increase the amount of edges from "regular shots" too.

Secondly, are there any settings to induce defensive shot edges for A.I batters too? Afaik the above setting only effect how we play the game and not A.I, so as such, getting A.I edges of defensive deliveries is non-existently rare imho

s0074845

Club Captain
Hi all how do you change stump sponsors and ground sponsors like one behind the stumps please

Users who are viewing this thread