Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Could you tell us what 'nice stuff is in it?
The replays are good especially the stump cam one. The fact everyone was screaming for seat colour option is good make the custom stadiums more realistic and I also think fielding reactions have improved there are still the odd mis hap but the reaction times seem to have speeded up.

I’m still disappointed with some stuff like career mode it feels 70% complete of what it could and should be and then easy wicket with spinners (flick off leg to WK or fielder) is still there but I’m enjoying the game and try to be positive even when stuff annoys me because the games decent now after being a complete mess for the first few months and hopefully it will go from being a good game to a great one with a few further patches.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The replays are good especially the stump cam one. The fact everyone was screaming for seat colour option is good make the custom stadiums more realistic and I also think fielding reactions have improved there are still the odd mis hap but the reaction times seem to have speeded up.

I’m still disappointed with some stuff like career mode it feels 70% complete of what it could and should be and then easy wicket with spinners (flick off leg to WK or fielder) is still there but I’m enjoying the game and try to be positive even when stuff annoys me because the games decent now after being a complete mess for the first few months and hopefully it will go from being a good game to a great one with a few further patches.
I'd hardly be praising them about seat colours, something that was in since the stadium creator came into the series yet took them seven months to finally put into C22.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I'd hardly be praising them about seat colours, something that was in since the stadium creator came into the series yet took them seven months to finally put into C22.
Not praising mate just stating it’s been added which is nice for the creator's in the community and to be honest if it wasn’t for all the guys who do the sliders, teams, players, kits, stadiums I’d probably of packed the game in a few month ago

Hester

County Cricketer
Plus we're still lacking tons of stadium creator assets that were in previous games. Assets that are in this game but they've decided to remove access to. Very, very weird decision making on behalf of bigant.
Post automatically merged:

You do wonder how the wk issue can get past any kind of testing. Various other things we've seen that don't happen that frequently or may be scenario based you can understand but the actual wk positioning to spinners is a pretty obvious red flag.
I don't think people at bigant watch cricket. You've only got to use their "broadcast' views to realise they've never seen cricket on TV.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
You do wonder how the wk issue can get past any kind of testing. Various other things we've seen that don't happen that frequently or may be scenario based you can understand but the actual wk positioning to spinners is a pretty obvious red flag.
C22 is still using the same code source from DBC14. Anything that gets patched, something else gets broken. The wk issues won't be fixed but mitigated. Personally, I think their next cricket game, whenever that may be, needs an overhaul or ground up redevelopment of their code. Total War is a prime example of using the same code for years, you end up with a mess in Warhammer 3 and dev teams struggling with antique code.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
C22 is still using the same code source from DBC14.

Jesus, is that a fact?

I suppose it's a risk/reward thing. Is the reward big enough to devote your resources to essentially creating a new game from the ground up or can you continue to get away with bolting bits onto existing code, in the knowledge that you'll have to devote resource to fixing ongoing issues. Albeit it would seem they're currently devoting Jimmy the security guard and Sharon from reception to do the testing.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain

Thank you

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Saw a youtube video which makes it seem like teamwork between fielders is much improved... one fielder dives to save the boundary and the other picks up the ball and returns it... etc.

Eliminating that "catch does not register" bug is big.

My career mode is currently crashing upon loading into the match in progress, but they have responded to my ticket and I'm hopeful for speedy fix.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes exactly. They should have noticed it if they had played at least 10 overs of a game. They could have delayed the patch to fix it rather than breaking the immersion.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
C22 is still using the same code source from DBC14. Anything that gets patched, something else gets broken. The wk issues won't be fixed but mitigated. Personally, I think their next cricket game, whenever that may be, needs an overhaul or ground up redevelopment of their code. Total War is a prime example of using the same code for years, you end up with a mess in Warhammer 3 and dev teams struggling with antique code.
Completely opposite philosophy to Bethesda. Because in Todd's eyes: "It just works!"

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Hopefully they can put a hot fix out for the WK spin issue it’s exactly the same problem as when the game was first released constantly having to bring WK up in settings when bowling spin and the AI can’t do that so doesn’t feel right when batting against spin fingers crossed for quick fix

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Jesus, is that a fact?

I suppose it's a risk/reward thing. Is the reward big enough to devote your resources to essentially creating a new game from the ground up or can you continue to get away with bolting bits onto existing code, in the knowledge that you'll have to devote resource to fixing ongoing issues. Albeit it would seem they're currently devoting Jimmy the security guard and Sharon from reception to do the testing.
I wouldn't state it as fact 100%, just my take after about 1000+ hours playing the series over the years. It is a risk/reward thing, especially when you're a small/medium company like BA. I just think C22 should be alarm clock that the code, whilst served admirably for nearly a decade now, has run its course. I'm still stumped as how they can go from the 24/2 patch where fielding was tremendous and since then has gone down hill.

Users who are viewing this thread