Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
One of the annoying things about patching that can make submitting bug and error reports a pointless thing for the user, is that there's never any indication on what they're working on or attempting to fix. There are several fairly important things wrong with the game and we as end users would have no clue if they're being worked on and this is the way it has always been.

Also, I think it seems obvious from what evidence will show us, that care for the game's community has dimished gradually as we've moved further from release. That timespan is coincidentally directly related to the money coming in from purchases.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me it’s simple.. I’m not fussed when the next patch is or what is being fixed.

But communicate. It’s takes 30 seconds to chime in with the situation.

Doesn't the latter simply consist of the.... former?

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
I just meant I’m not bothered if they said it was the last patch , we arnt going to patch etc.

But communication always goes down well.
Absolutely it does. Unfortunately not everyone is being nice to Big Ant and if (lets say 25% of) your consumer base is annoyed and complaining and you find them annoying, then it appears that one possible answer is to switch to completely ignoring 100% of your consumer base, thereby increasing your annoyed consumer base to higher levels.

I heard it's called the "that'll teach them" strategy, been around since the sandpit. Heard it's not brilliant if you have competition, but a real smarmy win when you have a monopoly.

Let's face it, the game turned up as a bomb initally and went through phases of apparently almost nuking some consoles. It butchered it's new licensed teams worse than most sports games have ever done. There were bugs galore. They said they'd make it up to the userbase with exciting new develpments that never really happened. It now plays about as good as you'd have hoped the release version would be, a somewhat competent game with some glaring issues in places (the tediously slow fielding reactions for just one).

Yet, the head honcho appears pissed off that not all are hailing it a success. Seriously. I wonder if it's an age thing or a rich thing or both. He used to be an easy going guy somewhat eager to please the audience, took suggestions, criticism and praise. Now it's all talk about who he met at the Aus Open or jetsetting around the world, whilst going gleefully childlike about countermeasures for pirates and blocking all and sundry.

It's a shame, because things were very promising at one time.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Absolutely it does. Unfortunately not everyone is being nice to Big Ant and if (lets say 25% of) your consumer base is annoyed and complaining and you find them annoying, then it appears that one possible answer is to switch to completely ignoring 100% of your consumer base, thereby increasing your annoyed consumer base to higher levels.

I heard it's called the "that'll teach them" strategy, been around since the sandpit. Heard it's not brilliant if you have competition, but a real smarmy win when you have a monopoly.

Let's face it, the game turned up as a bomb initally and went through phases of apparently almost nuking some consoles. It butchered it's new licensed teams worse than most sports games have ever done. There were bugs galore. They said they'd make it up to the userbase with exciting new develpments that never really happened. It now plays about as good as you'd have hoped the release version would be, a somewhat competent game with some glaring issues in places (the tediously slow fielding reactions for just one).

Yet, the head honcho appears pissed off that not all are hailing it a success. Seriously. I wonder if it's an age thing or a rich thing or both. He used to be an easy going guy somewhat eager to please the audience, took suggestions, criticism and praise. Now it's all talk about who he met at the Aus Open or jetsetting around the world, whilst going gleefully childlike about countermeasures for pirates and blocking all and sundry.

It's a shame, because things were very promising at one time.
Big Ant's attitude to communication and whether it's Ross' decision or a lack of available PR talent in Aus has turned me away from them as a company.

You have social media channels yet questions are directed to the CEO to answer, which you can tell by his responses he doesn't enjoy doing (I don't blame him, I can imagine running a large studio is stressful af). He takes pride in his work and takes criticism to heart which again isn't a surprise given the investment which has gone into it.

I don't know what he is like to work for, but he is bad as a PR guy and he comes across as not a very good head of a company from the outside looking in. It's a shame the studio has gone down this road as DBC14/17 were revolutionary for the sport in gaming terms but since Ashes Cricket things haven taken a turn for the worse, which coincidentally has been when the big money licensing agreements came in.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yep, the word has been uttered, monopoly.. They can do/be whatever they want while only one company make cricket games. I think with all the money sloshing around in cricket it's time for EA to make a comeback into the sport.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Speaking of communication - I can introduce @JNT BA - they have recently joined the Big Ant team and are focused on improving the support experience, via the Support Site but also including following along on here, tracking and triaging issues people have, and keeping everyone updated.

I'd say go easy, in that it will take a bit of time to be fully up to speed on everything about all our games to give comprehensive answers on some topics - but at the very least will be on here to ensure that things that are being posted about are being tracked through, and where possible give updates or to post where there's a solution, or prompt someone else to do that if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread