Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So many odd lil things creep into the game with every update. I remember a build shortly after Christmas that was superior to the current build.

I can't remember the last time I saw the AI play an aggressive shot in a test that wasn't connected to this bug where they then only play aggressive shots.

cricboi

Club Captain
Just catching up on a week of posts and appreciate everyone communicating some of the more pressing issues to the new BA rep.

One thing I hope gets addressed (and something I've filed numerous tickets for) is how much easier the game still is when batting with left handed batters. No matter how high you set bowl quality, the AI still makes it far too easy to milk singles and 2s down the leg side. This is the result of two issues:

1) AI frequently bowls at the pads or down the leg side against LHs
2) AI always sets fields thats are off-side dominant to LHs.

As a result batting feels like 2 separate games, one for RHs and another for LHs.

On the whole AI field selections can be greatly improved (especially in tests) but to me, the RH/LH difference is one of the more frustrating aspects of the game as of today.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Just catching up on a week of posts and appreciate everyone communicating some of the more pressing issues to the new BA rep.

One thing I hope gets addressed (and something I've filed numerous tickets for) is how much easier the game still is when batting with left handed batters. No matter how high you set bowl quality, the AI still makes it far too easy to milk singles and 2s down the leg side. This is the result of two issues:

1) AI frequently bowls at the pads or down the leg side against LHs
2) AI always sets fields thats are off-side dominant to LHs.

As a result batting feels like 2 separate games, one for RHs and another for LHs.

On the whole AI field selections can be greatly improved (especially in tests) but to me, the RH/LH difference is one of the more frustrating aspects of the game as of today.
The finding of this thread members is that bowling quality kept to zero is ideal.

cricboi

Club Captain
The finding of this thread members is that bowling quality kept to zero is ideal.
Thanks for this. I will adjust my settings and hopefully that'll at least fix the bad lines. Any thread solutions for AI fields?

Edit: Tried it at 0 and while it produced better bowling against RH batters the issue with LHs still persists. Just had Broad deliver 5 straight wides: identical full length deliveries a foot outside leg.

Last edited:

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Here is a visual comparison of a sample size of 15 overs with bowl quality at 0 and 100, even though I played against same AI (Aus) the way bowlers were shuffled were slightly different but mostly same order (All are RH batters)

So, the first one is for the value at 0 and the second one is for 100.

They both offer different stuff like, at 0 the line/lengths are not like too consistent(in a good way I'd say) where as at 100 quality, the AI mostly bowls back of good length balls and it becomes predictable.

So, from these two images you can see that even though 100 has a lesser spread I have scored lots of runs because of the repetitiveness there was no real challenge due to surprise and you can set yourself up pretty easily(lots of 'yellow' runs)

But yea as Cricboi said, it indeed feels like two different games because once a leftie comes it just becomes 'help yourself' simulator...

P.S. Also I'd advise you to edit player skill values so that each bowler when AI is bowling actually feels like a unique one, like bumping up starc's inswing and reducing jadeja's turn, some proficiencies are bugged but we can modify the ones which we can to improve the difference.

Attachments

• 15 overs aus 0 bq.png
    15 overs aus 0 bq.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 15 overs aus at 100 quality.png
    15 overs aus at 100 quality.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 14

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Can
Here is a visual comparison of a sample size of 15 overs with bowl quality at 0 and 100, even though I played against same AI (Aus) the way bowlers were shuffled were slightly different but mostly same order (All are RH batters)

They both offer different stuff like, at 0 the line/lengths are not like too consistent(in a good way I'd say) where as at 100 quality, the AI mostly bowls back of good length balls and it becomes predictable.

So, from these two images you can see that even though 100 has a lesser spread I have scored lots of runs because of the repetitiveness there was no real challenge due to surprise and you can set yourself up pretty easily(lots of 'yellow' runs)

But yea as Cricboi said, it indeed feels like two different games because once a leftie comes it just becomes 'help yourself' simulator...

P.S. Also I'd advise you to edit player skill values so that each bowler when AI is bowling actually feels like a unique one, like bumping up starc's inswing and reducing jadeja's turn, some proficiencies are bugged but we can modify the ones which we can to improve the difference.
Can you do if you can for left hand batsman as well.

tarangmht

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

you can edit proficiency for bowlers by changing identity to anything else and then once done change it back to bowler. for some reason the game will not allow to change bowling proficiency for bowlers and batting proficiency for Wicketkeeprs. Changing identity works.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's a pretty big update with lots of stuff, as per Ross.

Users who are viewing this thread